Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE Player and Netflix on Blu Ray Player

• 22-10-2012 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Can someone tell me, is there a Blu Ray player on which you evan get both Netflix and the RTE player? I gather you can get those on a Samsung Smart TV, but I don't want to buy a new TV.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,487 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Not sure about the RTE player but the Sony 2012 Blu-Ray players can access NetFlix when connected to your broadband router. The cheapest model (BDP-S390) is just under 100 sterling on Amazon but doesn't support Wi-Fi so you'll need to have the router close by and connect it via network cable. The 2012 Sony models are all x90 - 390/490/590/790.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭MRTULES

play station??

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bc4tv

Thanks! The lack of Wifi is not a problem. And the router doesn't have to be close by either, as you can use one of these Powerline adapters to get Ethernet access through your electricity sockets: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Netgear-200Mbps-Powerline-Ethernet-Adapter/dp/B007JD6LBS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1350989940&sr=8-1

I believe a Playstation will do the business, but it's an expensive option if like us, you will not be doing any playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭JimmyTee

Does anyone have the answer to op asked, i was going to buy the Samsung BDE5500 in Argos tomorrow assuming it had rte player or at least a browser so i can access it ???? anyone know

• Advertisement

I don't know about the BDE5500. I bought a BDE6100 which includes the Samsung Smarthub which gives you RTE Player and NetFlix access,

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭JimmyTee

bc4tv wrote: »
    I don't know about the BDE5500. I bought a BDE6100 which includes the Samsung Smarthub which gives you RTE Player and NetFlix access,

How do you find the BDE6100, I got one of the BDE5500's and took it back the following day, I thought it was painfully slow, Like a PC on it last legs it was grinding and searching...searching,,all the time.
    I suppose it is a budget machine so you get what you pay for.

I got the BDE6100 in Harvey Norman's in Carrickmines. To be honest, the BDE6100 is noisy too when playing discs.

Advertisement