Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pub for celtic v barcelona

Options
  • 22-10-2012 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭

hi - having trouble trying to find a good pub to watch a celtic match.ive been to murrays on o connell street but there are so mnay other matches on you can't watch it properly and same for pub in inchicore!does anyone know of a pub that will defo have celtic game without interference of commentary from other games. thanks in advance, mon the hoops!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭chopperp

a pub in Summerhill Dublin 1

Cuchulainn's pub used to be called the Castle

2 massive screens down stairs nothing but the hoops

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

The Players lounge? maybe bring a bullet proof vest with you though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

The Players lounge? maybe bring a bullet proof vest with you though.

Still boarded up after their 'little incident'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Slattery's on Capel St.

Decent enough spot to watch matches.

Don’t bother trying Sinnots just off Stephens Green.

I went in there a couple of weeks ago hoping to watch the Spartack Moscow v Celtic game.

The guy behind the bar refused to put it on and would not give me a reason. This was about 6 pm, the place was empty and they had Sky Sports News on a number of the screens. I support both Liverpool and Celtic and head to Sinnot’s for games and on a very regular basis.

I got in a bit of a huff and left. I should probably have asked to speak to the manager or some such. Headed to the Hairy Lemon and watched the game there in peace.

It only occurred to me afterwards that I had watched one leg of the Champions League qualifier in there. I was contemplating calling or sending an email of complaint but ultimately decided it would be futile.

I will not be giving that establishment my custom in the future, that is for sure .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

The living room is popular with the spanish community for football games. There will be plenty of barca fans in there which should make for a good atmosphere :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

OP put a post up in the soccer forum,they'll sort ye out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Don’t bother trying Sinnots just off Stephens Green.

I went in there a couple of weeks ago hoping to watch the Spartack Moscow v Celtic game.

The guy behind the bar refused to put it on and would not give me a reason. This was about 6 pm, the place was empty and they had Sky Sports News on a number of the screens. I support both Liverpool and Celtic and head to Sinnot’s for games and on a very regular basis.

I got in a bit of a huff and left. I should probably have asked to speak to the manager or some such. Headed to the Hairy Lemon and watched the game there in peace.

It only occurred to me afterwards that I had watched one leg of the Champions League qualifier in there. I was contemplating calling or sending an email of complaint but ultimately decided it would be futile.

I will not be giving that establishment my custom in the future, that is for sure .

A lot of pubs in the City Centre wont show the Old Firm derby because it attracts the wrong crowd (their words, not mine). I'd imagine Sinnotts may have a similar policy towards all celtic games.

As I said in my post I had watched a game in there about a month before.

This did not occur to me at the time as I was bit irate.

Celtic football club is one of the worlds largest Irish diaspora. It really annoys me when people adopt such an attitude. I really should have reported the guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭chopperp

cu cullains in summerhill , celtic supporters club go there

• Advertisement
Advertisement