Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

El Toro Bravo Portabello.

Options
  • 22-10-2012 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if the above mentioned restaurant is open or has it closed down? I've been trying to get through to them by phone but the number seems disconnected, I fear the worst!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

I was there a little over a week ago and it was packed.
    Try their email address - torobravodublin@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Could just be closed on Mondays, lots of restaurants don't bother opening on a monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

The number is no longer ringing like it's disconnected, got through and made reservation, must have been a Monday thing! Thank you very much for the replies above, much appreciated. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

It's a lovely place OP - enjoy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭howiya

Fairly mixed reviews over on menupages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

howiya wrote: »
    Fairly mixed reviews over on menupages

It wasn't great the time I went, food came out within 2 minutes and was cold and there were a few other issues.

Would like to give it a second shot but might wait until I see more good reviews first...

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Cork Exile

Visited there a few months ago and not too inclined to go back. The food wasn't bad, but it just was nowhere near as good as the Havana or the Port House

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

I've been twice and I have not been bowled over either time.

The first time the tapas were lukewarm as they had been sitting at the kitchen hatch (which was downstairs) for several minutes. The second time, the tapas were fried up in what seemed like old oil, and were not at all tasty.

The homemade sangria is nice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ScottSF

The Groupon voucher I purchased for this tapas bar was just refunded to me by Groupon. The email I received today said the deal could no longer be honoured by the vendor which leads me to believe it has indeed closed down this time. How sad! Unless someone else who has passed by lately can let us know for sure. I was looking forward to trying it out later this week so it is unfortunate to see another fairly new eating place go under.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Todd Gack

ScottSF wrote: »
    The Groupon voucher I purchased for this tapas bar was just refunded to me by Groupon. The email I received today said the deal could no longer be honoured by the vendor which leads me to believe it has indeed closed down this time. How sad! Unless someone else who has passed by lately can let us know for sure. I was looking forward to trying it out later this week so it is unfortunate to see another fairly new eating place go under.

Yeah it has definitely closed down and a new Spanish restaurant called Viva has just opened in it's place under new ownership.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

It has closed down and is now called Viva Espana. The new crowd used to have a spot in the Epicurian Food Hall doing tapas but closed it to open here instead. Good food!

Advertisement