Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting drunker when not smoking?

Options
  • 22-10-2012 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

How do,
    I quit smoking around a year ago now. No problems to speak of, feel great, will never go back etc. Although I do find now that I get a lot more drunk when I'm drinking. At first I thought it was maybe because I wasn't going outside but that's not true because I still go outside when my smoking friends go out. I didn't put down my drink before when having a smoke so I can only imagine I'm drinking the same? It's weird, drinking the exact same as I was and getting much drunker, the only thing about me that's changed is the non smoking. I thought maybe weight loss too but I'm the same weight as I was. Does this happen anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I think it happens to everyone, I'm off them 3 months and there have definitely been nights out where I was way drunker than I should have been. I read somewhere that when you quit smoking your body processes alcohol quicker than it would have if you were a smoker hence you get drunk quicker, something to do with enzymes in cigarettes that prevent the breakdown of alcohol?

Advertisement