Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lost parcel - Anpost

Options
  • 22-10-2012 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭

story goes., I paid a reputable seller / company 125euros via bank transferred for a parcel of goods. It should have arrived within 2 days (3 weeks ago)

I informed seller the goods never arrived and he forwarded me a scan document of proof or postage + a till receipt printout from his post office.

I have proof that the package was sent and I proof that the money was sent.

Seller opened up a dispute with anpost sorting office and he was informed there was no undelivered parcels found,

so what happens now? Is Anpost liable for lossed items while in transit, Has anybody got similar stories and how did it work out in the end ? I have the postman on my end as proof he did not deliver a large parcel to me.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Basically the dispute is between you and the seller as that is whom you contracted with so you need to discuss with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

lovely.. the seller appears to be doing most of the work so far, He has kept me updated from the several times he contacted the sorting office when he opened the dispute with anpost online he forward me on the corresponding reference information. he personally rang me several on several occasions. Where All I have done on my end is contacted my local branch and spoke to my postman.

In the beginning I thought the parcel was been sent by registered track and trace, but this has turned out not to be the case.

I will get back onto him and see what he prepares to do next.

But Its looking more likely it has been stolen rather than just delayed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

spongbob wrote: »
    lovely.. the seller appears to be doing most of the work so far, He has kept me updated from the several times he contacted the sorting office when he opened the dispute with anpost online he forward me on the corresponding reference information. he personally rang me several on several occasions. Where All I have done on my end is contacted my local branch and spoke to my postman.

In the beginning I thought the parcel was been sent by registered track and trace, but this has turned out not to be the case.

I will get back onto him and see what he prepares to do next.

Did the seller provide a tracking number, aside from the receipt? Because without a tracking number, you don't actually have any proof that he sent what you ordered.

was sent by regular post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

was sent by regular post.

Then you don't actually have any proof that he sent your item to you. You only have proof that the seller sent an item to somebody.

I'd make a complaint to the company/seller, but as you paid by bank transfer, you probably have very little recourse, unless the seller is trading under a proper business name.

• Advertisement

im quiet satisfied with one of the documents had my name address date time and on it, and stamped by a post office.

I reckon he did send it, but where it is now is anyone guess.. postman delivered to wrong address ? i have on occasion received the wrong post house number 9 and 10, when its number 11 I live at.. these things happen.

Seller said this is the second time in 2 years this has happened, out of hundreds of orders he sends out.

Il wait it out a bit longer and see if it turns up

It has to be someplace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭RichT

As said earlier, your 'contract' is with the seller. The only person you should be dealing with is the seller. You are €125 out of pocket, while the seller has their money. It's up to the seller to arrange proper delivery to you. Don't concern yourself with An Post, it's the seller who has a 'contract' with them not you. It's up to the seller to either supply the goods you have paid for or fully refund you.

Why the 'reputable' seller didn't use registered post for such an expensive package is beyond belief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

why the assumption of theft???

Reason #1 for non delivery. Delivery address label not applied properly and falls off.

Reason #2 incorrect address/illegible address. (have you seen some people's hand writing???)

sandin wrote: »
    why the assumption of theft???

Reason #1 for non delivery. Delivery address label not applied properly and falls off.

Reason #2 incorrect address/illegible address. (have you seen some people's hand writing???)

For the people reading this You might not beware but anpost do actually have procedures in place in case any item has a badly written address or a stamp that might 'fall off'

If you are ever in the case of a missing post, 'you the sender' Can fill in an online form found an anposts website, you inform them of the size color name and address that is on the package. you are then given a reference number and asked to phone the reliant sorting office by such a date.

Where we are now, both sorting offices have been informed of a Large A4 Package, Were my name and address clearly marked on it. How I know this is because I have had to order a 2nd same package from the sender, 100% identical to the one that went missing.

I have proof that the sender posted the package and at my end I have the postman to back me up that he did not deliver such a large envelope to me or anyone one of my neighbors within the time it had been sent. We have both repeatably checked our local post office and sorting office and I have personally visited up to 50 homes in my estate, took several days and evenings to do and all my neighbors know about the situation.

This has lead me to believe that the package has been stolen! otherwise somebody in a sorting office has not done there job by checking the pigeon hole for undelivered post. who f*cking knows.

At the end of the day its a big mystery / extremely annoying AND so pathetic of the irish mailing system!

the last communication I had with the sender, he is reporting the matter to the guards. So looks like I will have to wait it out and see.

Rant over

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Cant understand why the seller has not had this parcel sent track and trace.

Despite what the seller says you dont know he actually sent this item to you. If he sends loads of parcels he could well have sent it to the wrong person who could well now have your goods.

The only thing you can be sure of is you paid €125 and seller posted a parcel. Seller could have got Post Office to stamp any piece of paper but without track and trace you cant prove it was sent to you.

Who do you think could have "stolen" this item? The amount of items I have seen come through my door with the wrong number and road name would have me think there could have been an error here and the parcel may have been sent to wrong address, if it was sent to you at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

How I know this is because I have had to order a 2nd same package from the sender, 100% identical to the one that went missing.
    Why did you have to order a second item? You paid your money, the parcel didn't arrive. That's the sender's problem, not yours. You let him know there's an issue with delivery, and he sends a replacement item while trying to find out what happened to the original.

Advertisement