Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Real life confrontation, how good are you?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Any grown adult who decides to pick a row and can then be brought to tears with words has obviously been put into their box deservedly.

wrong, I was brought to tears because I could not understand the words, I am holding your sphincter, is there anything you would like me to tell it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Martyn1989 wrote: »
    See and this is the attitude, theres nothing wrong with standing your ground but you parade the fact you make people cry. It's that unattractive quality.

Or perhaps holding a mirror up to an individuals ugly side is too much of a home truth but one which may eventually help them stop being a dick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Or perhaps holding a mirror up to an individuals ugly side is too much of a home truth but one which may eventually help them stop being a dick

Which is not the action of a nice person, it is the action and attitude of someone who is confrontational.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 778 ✭✭✭jessiejam

I agree with this. Way too many bullys getting away with bullying in this world. Problem is where and when do you stop? when they cry? when they apologise for being a dick?. Thats my problem, if I don't get the reaction that I want I continue until I do. Guilt then kicks in. Guess I'm not very good at confrontation. To answer your original question op :o

Which is not the action of a nice person, it is the action and attitude of someone who is confrontational.

BS. Its the action of someone who is sick of being picked on by a gowl who thinks they are allowed to carry on like a dick to others. And get away with it. No harm in taking someone down a peg or two when they deserve it.

And you get all of this insight from posts on boards? Not knowing the individuals involved, the circumstances leading up to these particular spats you can assertain that I am not nice and am confrontational.
    I stand corrected..

jessiejam wrote: »
    BS. Its the action of someone who is sick of being picked on by a gowl who thinks they are allowed to carry on like a dick to others. And get away with it. No harm in taking someone down a peg or two when they deserve it.

No there isn't, but mirroring their behaviour, making them cry, boasting about it, then claiming to hate confrontation and play the victim. Two wrongs and all that.

No there isn't, but mirroring their behaviour, making them cry, boasting about it, then claiming to hate confrontation and play the victim. Two wrongs and all that.

And yet again you jump to wildly speculative conclusions and present these conclusions as fact.
    Where is the mirroring of behaviour?
    Where is the boasting.? (Saying that one is not inclined to confrontation but can dish it out when pushed is not boasting)
    You cannot make any of these claims without knowing the personalitys involved. End of...really..

And you get all of this insight from posts on boards? Not knowing the individuals involved, the circumstances leading up to these particular spats you can assertain that I am not nice and am confrontational.
    I stand corrected..

I've posted my views on what you posted, thats what boards is for. I'm just discussing whats on the thread, I don't have any preconceived idea about what kind of person you are but IMO your posts have pointed in that direction. Don't take it personally I'm just a stranger on the internet.

• Advertisement

I don't think he meant mirroring their behaviour literally, but meerly pointing out their behaviour. If you read the original post again, I don't think the op "gets off" on making someone cry. I gathered from the post that he confronted someone who was acting the muppet, brought them down a peg or 2 and they got upset. I'm guessing that person was acting in this way for a while and eventually got their comupance, therefore the op was elated. I think you are taking him up the wrong way.

Thats the way I read it anyway.

jessiejam wrote: »
    I don't think he meant mirroring their behaviour literally, but meerly pointing out their behaviour. If you read the original post again, I don't think the op "gets off" on making someone cry. I gathered from the post that he confronted someone who was acting the muppet, brought them down a peg or 2 and they got upset. I'm guessing that person was acting in this way for a while and eventually got their comupance, therefore the op was elated. I think you are taking him up the wrong way.

Thats the way I read it anyway.

I never even assumed he had read 'holding a mirror up to them" to mean mirroring their behaviour. Jesus but martyn really is off on a tangent and wildly misunderstanding posts.
    This is exactly what i meant. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

I get paid to argue, prod, cajole and err, motivate. I'm usually the one pushed to the front if there is a verbal row to be had and generally, I'm good at it - I grew up in a family that loved to argue, so I've had a waay head start on anything anyone else might come up with.

Advertisement