Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fearing the end of the world.

• 22-10-2012 6:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,464 ✭✭✭✭

When I was young there was a lot of talk of nuclear war,even a couple of teachers at the time said "yeah we're probably all going to die"Before that there was two world wars and before that you would die a horrible death from some plague or other.The biggest thing we have to frighten our children these days is a bloody calender or a few dead polar bears.I was thinking you could move house and not tell them,or tell them your giving them up for adoption.Anyone got other ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Jedward get control of nuclear weapons and defect to Iran. We're all f*cked then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Nanomachines turning the world into grey goo?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 373 ✭✭Internet Hero

im not scared of the end of the world. you have to die someday, would be grand to go out all at once and with a big loud bang! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

One word:

Skynet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

It's lucky Miles Dyson stopped working on skynet and diverted his intelligence and creativity into some really excellent vacuum cleaners.

I know they were derived from terminator technology but their cyclonic suction system is superlative.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Well I don't know about the rest of you but I'm going to start stock piling whole frozen cows in my secret bug out location in case foot and mouth comes back with a vengeance. I just have to move the chickens first because super bird flu never happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Sorry what was the question??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

When you were young there was alot of talk about many things, I suggest you listen to the people who said, fill your face with some skunk, then do some red, it will set you free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

We're unlikely to actually destroy the planet and all life on it. All we're doing is making it uninhabitable for humans and larger mammals. The world will happily go on without us just like it's done time and time again through many global disasters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I don't know if you are talking about the end of world, as in the end of time and the universe, or the end of the human race. Neither are worth worrying about as far as were concerned, we won't be alive to see them. Most people agree that the human race will destroy itself either through war or by the gradual destruction of our planet to a point at which it becomes uninhabitable for us, this will happen long before the end of the universe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

partayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    nutin ends a party like a big bang
    so mite as well head that way ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

Haven't you seen the Terminator films? Everything turns out fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

ScumLord wrote: »
    We're unlikely to actually destroy the planet and all life on it. All we're doing is making it uninhabitable for humans and larger mammals. The world will happily go on without us just like it's done time and time again through many global disasters.

Earth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

All the surfer dudes will be trying to catch some apocalyptic waves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

kneemos wrote: »
    When I was young there was a lot of talk of nuclear war,even a couple of teachers at the time said "yeah we're probably all going to die"Before that there was two world wars and before that you would die a horrible death from some plague or other.The biggest thing we have to frighten our children these days is a bloody calender or a few dead polar bears.I was thinking you could move house and not tell them,or tell them your giving them up for adoption.Anyone got other ideas?
    I've read this a few times now, and I still have no idea what the question is or what you want. Do you want tips for scaring your kids? Dress up as a monster and shake them awake at about 2am screaming and wailing like a banshee? They will love you all the more... might not be good advice... might not even have any relevance...who knows??

Advertisement