Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for 2nd L1 Visa - different company

Options
  • 22-10-2012 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi,

I'm currently looking at getting another L1 Visa.

I worked in the US for my previous company in 2010. The L1 Visa I had then expired in June 2012.

I heard that when you renew an L1 you get an additional 5 years. Does this only apply if you're still working for the same company?

I was reading through the list of documents I need for the application and came across:

"Any documents pertaining to previous H-1B or other petitions or applications filed with USCIS/INS (including receipt notices, petition forms, letters, approval notices, visas, I-94 cards), if any."

I can't say for certain whether I have any of the documents I used had for my initial application. How important is this?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

miker1983 wrote: »
    I heard that when you renew an L1 you get an additional 5 years. Does this only apply if you're still working for the same company?

Yes, only with the same company and it's the company that applies for the extension, not you. You can't renew an expired L1 I'm afraid.

> How important is this?

I don't think that you *have* to have them but if you were applying for a different type of visa (H1-B) then it would help your case.

Advertisement