Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Integrating a non-integrated dishwasher

• 22-10-2012 6:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭

We spent a fair whack on a Bosch Logixx "really, really quiet" dishwasher a few years back. The difference it made to our open space kitchen/living room was well worth it.

We're now in the process of building a new kitchen and apparently it seems that this one won't do because it's not integrated and won't fit in (according to Mrs Zag).

Before we offload it I thought I would check to see whether there is such a thing as an integration kit, but I don't see any sign of one out there.

Does such a thing exist, or are kitchen appliances either integrated or not by design and never the twain shall meet ?

z

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 486 ✭✭curiousb

I think the problem you will have will be the depth of the dishwasher. I redid our kitchen a number of years ago and ended up getting extra deep worktops, so I could have room for our washing machine and dishwasher.

I made doors for them then but you always had to open the kitchen unit door and then the dishwasher door to access it, which was a bit of a pain.

I don't think you can modify a non-integrated appliance door to take a kitchen door, but I'm open to correction.

THere might also be a problem with the kicker board as I think the base of the integrated unit goes in farther than a non-integrated one, thus allowing room for a kicker board.

We have since redone the kitchen completely and got integrated appliances and they do make a big difference. We are also open-space and the integrated dishwasher is very quiet (cheap Power City one).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

zagmund wrote: »
    We spent a fair whack on a Bosch Logixx "really, really quiet" dishwasher a few years back. The difference it made to our open space kitchen/living room was well worth it.

We're now in the process of building a new kitchen and apparently it seems that this one won't do because it's not integrated and won't fit in (according to Mrs Zag).

Before we offload it I thought I would check to see whether there is such a thing as an integration kit, but I don't see any sign of one out there.

Does such a thing exist, or are kitchen appliances either integrated or not by design and never the twain shall meet ?

z

Well I managed to intergrate a free standing condensor dryer into my kitchen.

I wanted a clean and intergrated/hidden look to my kitchen,so that what I got.:)

There is a bit of modifying to be done and a bit of extra carpentry work to be done,for it to work,but I was able to get it done at the time of my kitcehn being fitted and installed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Pic of kitchen.

Dryer is built into the end of the kitchen.

If you are getting a new kitchen,then Im sure the carpenter who is fitting it,can and will be able to build in the dishwasher.

Your worktops (buy 650mm deep worktops) will end up being anywhere from 630-640mm deep with a 10mm overhang,but that means a bigger worktop and space for things.:)

The kitchen carcasses were brought by 20mm to allow for the dryer.

The gap behind was filled in with wooden formwork and insulated plasterboard.

PS-Your kitchen plinth can be easily cut down to suit the door opening of your freestanding dishwasher.

All you need to do is mock it all up,stand back and look at what needs to be trimmed,cut and modified.Take your measurements and then cut,and modify away until you have the look you want.

Simples.:)

PPS-or you could just flog the freestanding dishwasher and buy an intergrated dishwasher instead.:D

Advertisement