Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gun licence mess

Options
  • 22-10-2012 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

I have been waiting on me license renewal . Today a kid gives my son the front of my license said he found it around the corner. He said that, that's all there was. So where is the rest of the letter with all the gun info on it? To say I'm a bit paranoid would be an under statement.

Was on to the Gardaí (FO). Was not there so have to ring tomorrow. Is there any point complaining to an post? One thing for sure new license and certificate no:

What a mess

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭eire-kp

Can't remember exactly if the guards drop out the licence or it comes by post.
    Some one messed up either way!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

I would definitely make a complaint. :mad::mad::mad:
    A lot of my post is half opened here and birthday cards going missing etc.. nothing is ever done about it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

eire-kp wrote: »

Comes by post, so this sounds like An Post, not An Garda Siochana...

• Registered Users Posts: 40 mark42

eire-kp wrote: »

They come on the post . The postman must have dropped it . They should have left it the old way I think it a bad idea your address on the license

Sparks wrote: »

Comes by post, so this sounds like An Post, not An Garda Siochana...

Still think it's a reissue the back is gone
    Gun info the amount cartridges looks iffy now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

I'd be down the the Garda and the post office I'd also be making a point to speak to the post man it's not as if its junk mail. Now someone knows exactly what you have in the house and can prob try by ammo for it.

Even Noone might know but there s a chance I'd have something to say.
    But I'm prob paranoid anyway.

I'd be down the the Garda and the post office I'd also be making a point to speak to the post man it's not as if its junk mail. Now someone knows exactly what you have in the house and can prob try by ammo for it.

Even Noone might know but there s a chance I'd have something to say.
    But I'm prob paranoid anyway.

Tell me about it was down with the garda already but the garda wasn't there ring tomorrow to get him as for the postman have to wait till I see him but I really think these letters have to be registered and not ordinary mail

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

mark42 wrote: »
    Tell me about it was down with the garda already but the garda wasn't there ring tomorrow to get him as for the postman have to wait till I see him but I really think these letters have to be registered and not ordinary mail

They are never posted by registered mail, only ordinary snail mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

mark42 wrote: »
    I really think these letters have to be registered and not ordinary mail

+1 For all their moaning about firearms you would think they would think the licence trough a bit more having your pic on it not having your address or the type etc...
    And as you said have the letter sent registered. Backwards thinking at it's best or more a lack of thought at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

juice1304 wrote: »
    +1 For all their moaning about firearms you would think they would think the licence trough a bit more having your pic on it not having your address or the type etc...
    And as you said have the letter sent registered. Backwards thinking at it's best or more a lack of thought at all.

It never made sense to me that you had to supply two passport photos with your FAC1 form but no picture was put on the actual licence.

• Advertisement

BattleCorp wrote: »

They are never posted by registered mail, only ordinary snail mail.
    I know but with the info they contain I think they should be registered just me maybe

You should have to pick it up at Garda station with photo ID then they are the only ones to blame but in Ireland we have an SOP of pass the book on everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭sonofthegun

all the licences are sent out by ordinary mail never seen one to come registered. i would make a point of talking to your postperson in case its more then just a misdelivery ie someone tampered with your mail after it went in your door, if you dont get any satisfaction An Post has a complaints line and once a call is registard with them your local DSM has to deal with the matter at the very least the bollocing the postperson gets may insure you dont have another mis delivery

Was in with the garda they are going to reissue a new one
    As for an post was in the sorting office and let them know what has happened can't see anything come out of it . At the end of the day my info is out there

It's out there now alright presuming someone cares (hopefully not) but if you spoke to your local postmaster he would have something to say there fairly strict infairness. Should be ok just don't be messy with your gun locker. Should be alright could just be kids thinking there the men.

The fact you found some of it on the ground says to me it not what they were looking for.

Maybe just say it to your local RFDS just incase strangers come in they're be fairly switched on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭021CRETE01

Hi Mark,

Sorry but not surprised to hear your story (An Post Section).I had some bicycle part delivered recently (size- approx 18"x1").The thoughtful<intelligent post/person left it under the front door mat,(how lumpy and obvious was that?) instead of leaving the usual calling card.I obviously complained to the local PO staff with the promise of "sorry and we will certainly follow this up".With reference to your licence remains,I would'nt worry too much as I reckon that if whoever found it was up to no good that they would have kept the whole lot.
    GOOD LOOK anyway.
    021CRETE01

021CRETE01 wrote: »
    Hi Mark,

Sorry but not surprised to hear your story (An Post Section).I had some bicycle part delivered recently (size- approx 18"x1").The thoughtful<intelligent post/person left it under the front door mat,(how lumpy and obvious was that?) instead of leaving the usual calling card.I obviously complained to the local PO staff with the promise of "sorry and we will certainly follow this up".With reference to your licence remains,I would'nt worry too much as I reckon that if whoever found it was up to no good that they would have kept the whole lot.
    GOOD LOOK anyway.
    021CRETE01

I got the same story off an post (sorry, we will be looking into this and so on )
    But to be on the safe side the gun is at a different address now until I see how things pan out .
    This has been done with the knowledge of the FAO

Advertisement