Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biffy Clyro Tour Announcement

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

stereoboard
    Huge Biffy Clyro announcement tomorrow morning, rumoured to be headlining a festival... We'll have the news at

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Reading/Leeds I'll guess.

Mushy wrote: »
    Reading/Leeds I'll guess.

Yea seems like the only one left , wont do Rockness again , TITP is already sorted with headliners , not big enough for Glasto

Tis only an XFM gig. Acoustic in the Roundhouse. Been at acoustic show before so not gonna enter.

We understand Scottish rock trio Biffy Clyro will be revealed as a headliner for this summer's Reading & Leeds Festivals.

We are led to believe, via someone that we have known for a long time who is close to the band, that the Scottish trio will headline this summer's twin event for the first time this summer having appeared six times previously in 2010, 2007, 2005, 2003, 2002, and 2001.

The band release their sixth studio double album 'Opposites' on 28th January, and are expected to present tracks from their new material alongside fan favourites in a headlining set over the weekend of the bank holiday weekend, from Friday 23rd to Sunday 25th August. Reading Festival takes place at Little Johns Farm, Richfield Avenue, Reading, Berkshire, and Leeds Festival takes place at Bramham Park, Leeds, West Yorkshire.

Rapper Eminem is the only headliner confirmed for next year and will be joined by Alt-J, Deftones, Sub Focus, and Boy Better Know. There are no other acts confirmed yet for 2013, expect a line-up that will still include big names from the rock, alternative, indie, punk and metal scenes. No other have been announced by festival organisers. More acts announced in the new year.
    Read more at http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/13/130114b.shtml#t9qHRLMjShiwU1fL.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭spodoinkle

Does anyone know when the tickets will be sent, I bought them in the pre-sale from the Biffy website?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭fichillie

Anyone got their tickets yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

fichillie wrote: »
    Anyone got their tickets yet?

Yeah, I got mine in the post before Christmas (my friend ordered them online from Ticketmaster the day they went onsale).

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭fichillie

Hmm...i bought mine through the biffy website presale and they still havent arrived :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Standing tickets are still available for this. I may want to get tickets but not quite yet, I think at this stage it's safe to say it's not going to sell out? Even standing?

• Advertisement

Doubt it was ever going to, unless they using the smaller scale setup. Can never say for sure, but itd be a safe bet.

Seeing them in Germany in August too, will be weird seeing them as smallest band on a lineup.

I can see a similar layout like when Example played in the O2 a few weeks ago

http://instagram.com/p/WAqVB7MJ2p/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I'm going to this but no nothing by City and Colour. Could anyone recommend an album to listen to so I'll know a few of the tunes on the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Dammit just realised that the Belfast gig is Good Friday!

kinda puts Easter plans in chaos but meh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

danniemcq wrote: »
    Dammit just realised that the Belfast gig is Good Friday!

kinda puts Easter plans in chaos but meh
    Don't worry, there are plenty of masses you can go to!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

haha its more the GF she has to make it to Tory Island!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I can see a similar layout like when Example played in the O2 a few weeks ago

http://instagram.com/p/WAqVB7MJ2p/
    Doubt it was ever going to, unless they using the smaller scale setup. Can never say for sure, but itd be a safe bet.

Seeing them in Germany in August too, will be weird seeing them as smallest band on a lineup.

How is that smaller set up different to the normal one? Only been in the 02 once or twice.

How is that smaller set up different to the normal one? Only been in the 02 once or twice.

There are more seats behind the grey/blue curtain

Biffy Clyro
    Only two weeks to go until Biffy play live in Dublin.
    Will “Mountains” be part of their set? There's a limited number of tickets left

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭spodoinkle

Biffy Clyro

Mountains will be the last song of the encore

• Advertisement

spodoinkle wrote: »

Mountains will be the last song of the encore
    They've been quite consistent with the set so far on this tour, almost the same every night.

They've been quite consistent with the set so far on this tour, almost the same every night.

And not everybody has seen it, so please use spoiler tags if putting it up people!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shreddy Krueger

To be fair though , they're hardly not going to play Mountains.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Spoiler tags for a set list? Seriously?

And not everybody has seen it, so please use spoiler tags if putting it up people!
    I didn't mention any songs so its not like I gave up any secrets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Spoiler tags for a set list? Seriously?

Not in the charter on this forum. But it's common practice on other forums if you're talking about the setlist before the gig.

Personally I'm rubbish at not having a peak :p But lots of people prefer not to know, even though it's available online.

I didn't mention any songs so its not like I gave up any secrets.

Oh I know you didnt, I just meant in general.

I caved and looked at the setlist, was dying for 1 song in particular. These guys are awesome, great choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭managerman

I caved and looked at the setlist, was dying for 1 song in particular. These guys are awesome, great choices.

what was the one song?

• Advertisement

managerman wrote: »
    what was the one song?

I wont say for others, but the song off first album. Massivly surprised at song on VoB. Dunno how spoiler tags work on mobile either.

Advertisement