Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biffy Clyro Tour Announcement

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭managerman

Mushy wrote: »
    I wont say for others, but the song off first album. Massivly surprised at song on VoB. Dunno how spoiler tags work on mobile either.

i think its good that they are varying off all albums.. 13 of the new album tho

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

managerman wrote: »
    i think its good that they are varying off all albums.. 13 of the new album tho

And not my favourite 2 haha. Maybe in August!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Dont see the big deal that they are playing loads off the new album? Since they are promoting the new album on this tour

Ive no problem with it anyway. Whole set goes well, they can do as they please.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 shnoobies

I'm so excited can't wait!!! Anyone know what time I should start queuing to secure a place at the barrier?

Also don't forget to check out Team Biffy Ireland on facebook :D
    https://www.facebook.com/TeamBiffyIreland

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

What time will they be on stage at? Is there a support act? Doors open at 6:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 bigt132

This'll be my first time standing at the O2. Seeing as there are no cloak rooms does anyone have any tips on how to keep warm queuing outside but keep relatively cool and hydrated during? Is enough water handed out throughout? Cos when I went to RHCP in Croke Park I could barely breathe by the end and I was dying with the thirst, it kinda ruined it for me :( and still that was outdoors!

ThirdMan wrote: »
    What time will they be on stage at? Is there a support act? Doors open at 6:30.

Id say Biffy will be on 9:00/9:15 and City and Colour on around 8:00-8:30

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

id go for city and colour alone , brilliant brilliant act, id recommend them for anyone to check out before biffy

A V A wrote: »
    id go for city and colour alone , brilliant brilliant act, id recommend them for anyone to check out before biffy

Yea its prob the 1st support act in awhile that ill def make sure im there for . Seen him last time he was over here and was brilliant . Hopefully we get a headline show later in the year after the release of the new record

• Advertisement

bigt132 wrote: »
    This'll be my first time standing at the O2. Seeing as there are no cloak rooms does anyone have any tips on how to keep warm queuing outside but keep relatively cool and hydrated during? Is enough water handed out throughout? Cos when I went to RHCP in Croke Park I could barely breathe by the end and I was dying with the thirst, it kinda ruined it for me :( and still that was outdoors!

Unfortunately, it's kind of one or the other, well in my opinion anyway.

You have a choice between being cold outside, or very hot inside...unless you queue early enough to get to the barrier then you can just leave your jacket etc on the barrier?
    However I would keep a hand on it just in case you might lose your place throughout the show.

Id say Biffy will be on 9:00/9:15 and City and Colour on around 8:00-8:30

I'm not sure what times the doors have opened in their recent gigs but people have been saying that Biffy finish up around 10:30, however being Ireland and the O2 that may be different as most other gigs get finished at around 11.

Don't worry however as we are guaranteed at least 2 solid hours of Biffy :) from looking at the recent reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Bring a small, empty shoulder bag or knapsack. Wear a few layers that you can fold up and stuff in it once you get inside - a longsleeve top, shirt, jacket, scarf and hat. Nothing too bulky (e.g., hoodie) that won't fit in the bag. Okay, you might think the bag is a bit cumbersome, but it's better than holding your coat all night.
    Shoulder bags are better, 'cos you can manoueuvre it to your front, rather than be obliged to have it over your shoulder and behind you - it's better for your own security.
    You won't get handed out water unless you're right up the front. Any bottle you bring with you may be taken from you when you go in, or they'll certainly take the cap off, a ridiculous rule that's been in operation for years.
    If you buy a bottle of water inside (it'll probably cost you about €7.50, knowing the O2), they'll probably take the cap off too, so bring a spare one with you and put it in your wallet or a pocket where it won't get noticed on the way in - most bottled waters have a generic size cap, so anything will do. Much better to be able to seal the bottle and put it in your bag, rather than be obliged to hold it all night. That way you can just take a drink whenever you need to.

Here endeth the lesson, 'Mon the Biff, etc. :D

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭spodoinkle

shnoobies wrote: »
    Unfortunately, it's kind of one or the other, well in my opinion anyway.

You have a choice between being cold outside, or very hot inside...unless you queue early enough to get to the barrier then you can just leave your jacket etc on the barrier?
    However I would keep a hand on it just in case you might lose your place throughout the show.

Wear a hoodie and tie it round your waist inside!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Get a cheap ass hoody/hat/gloves for less than a tenner, something that'll do for one night and you don't care about. Wear that gear outside and when you get in then and warm up you can tie them all around your waist and if you lose them then no biggy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

Yea its prob the 1st support act in awhile that ill def make sure im there for . Seen him last time he was over here and was brilliant . Hopefully we get a headline show later in the year after the release of the new record

+1000 %, even after his 2 covers ep's he did where a little warm up to his new record that should be out before the end of this year, so i hope he does do his own show soon,the academy gig was brillaint!!!

Anyone idea what time each band are on at ? I dont wanna get in to early or late for either act

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

A V A wrote: »
    his new record that should be out before the end of this year

June 4th :)
    Anyone idea what time each band are on at ? I dont wanna get in to early or late for either act

Keep an eye on C&C's facebook page, has been announcing stage times for recent gigs beforehand

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Anyone here heading to the Belfast gig or are people mainly heading to the o2?

danniemcq wrote: »
    Anyone here heading to the Belfast gig or are people mainly heading to the o2?

O2 for me . Also running order for tonight

mcd_productions
    Stage times for tonight - @cityandcolour 7:15pm, @BiffyClyro 8:30pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Stunning.
    One of the best shows I've seen in over twenty years of concert-going.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

That band are so damn tight live. They give it their all, they play the hits and the non-hits. Huge energy from the get go. Outstanding performance...I can barely walk now.

Really dnjoyed City and Colour. Prob not best support in that the songs are slow, but they performed well and would easily go see him again.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,603 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Brilliant!
    Definitely want to see them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Duff

Partially deaf. The lads are amazing no matter where they play. From the first time I seen them in Dolans in Limerick to today, their energy hasn't changed at all. Fantastic set, 'Mon the Biff.

Duff wrote: »
    Partially deaf. The lads are amazing no matter where they play. From the fist time I seen them in Dolans in Limerick to today, their energy hasn't changed at all. Fantastic set, 'Mon the Biff.

Was that Dolans gig on the Puzzle tour? That was my first time seeing them. Seen them through tiny venues to stadium support and festival headline ...and acoustic too! Great shows every time.

Mushy wrote: »
    Was that Dolans gig on the Puzzle tour? That was my first time seeing them. Seen them through tiny venues to stadium support and festival headline ...and acoustic too! Great shows every time.

Not when I seen them. It was Dec '05 I think it was so it would've been Infinity Land then. But, it's possible that they played Dolans again on a Puzzle tour. I'm not sure. It's my 3rd time seeing them and every time they have been superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Ah I knew I'd regret not going......

How was the turnout and did they say anything about coming back for a festival appearance??

lc180 wrote: »

How was the turnout and did they say anything about coming back for a festival appearance??

Great turn out. Comfortably full. Younger ones singing their hearts out to the newer stuff up at the barriers and the rest of us enjoying the atmosphere in the middle of the floor (although for jaggy snake and justboy I did kick a few 17 yr olds out of the way):o . Nope, no mention of a festival date. Highly doubt they will be back this year if I'm honest.

lc180 wrote: »

Id say 10,000? They had the back tier seats curtained off and floor seemed pretty packed.

Agree with everyone great gig and as always the band were on form , 2hours aswell. Was worth legging it from the toilet -bar - my friend to get most of Jaggy Snake :D . Agree that City and Colour were prob the best support for Biffy but i still enjoyed them . Is it me or did the bass player from C&C look like the bass player from the Ractonteurs?

No word on when they will be back , just the usual see you next time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

To tide you over until the next time, they dont always rock out you know ;)

Advertisement