Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mice in house

• 22-10-2012 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

I have a little friend in the house. The sorta fella with a long tail and eats everything. Were currently calling him Stuart.

My question is this how after I kill Stuart can I keep his friends out. Last year I had same problem loads of stuarts and although I caught them all I don't know how there getting in. There are loads of areas around the house where he can get in. I'm trying to block them all up.

The sound of a Splat. RIP Stuart. Time of death 20:15.

I have sealed the sides of the Oil Burner but when I opened the burner today to bled the system (Ran out of oil) I see they have dropping all over it. What can I use to seal underneat the burner.

Also the footpath has moved from the wall outside and now has a nice gap between footpath and wall. What can I use to seal this gap.

My house is in country with open fields all around. This house was built in 2005 so not an old house. I know I gonna get mice each year there all field mice but the amount I want to cut as much as possible.

Any ideas on how to seal gaps and if they can get in this way.

Thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Stuart is not alone :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Just keep looking at places where they could get in and keep sealing holes/cracks.
    Mice can get in through the tiniest holes so every single one needs sealing. and there's plenty more mice outside waiting to get in.
    They can also run up wires and poles leaning against the house into the attic so you need to check there too.

Alternatively get a cat or two.

Make a mouse bucket trap, check youtube.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Get a cat.

Seal all holes

Get the poison people in.

QED

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,629 ✭✭✭✭looksee

When we lived in the country the main way mice got into the house was through the window, carried by the dratted cat. 'Look I've brought you a present'. Drops live and irritated mouse on living room floor. All activity is given over to catching mouse and chucking it out again!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

looksee wrote: »
    When we lived in the country the main way mice got into the house was through the window, carried by the dratted cat. 'Look I've brought you a present'. Drops live and irritated mouse on living room floor. All activity is given over to catching mouse and chucking it out again!

I got a cat when I moved into a house built on farm land. the fecker was far too good at his job, and I arrived home one day to a pyramid of bodies as a present :D

All awaiting me just inside the hall door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭roxybing

biko wrote: »
    Just keep looking at places where they could get in and keep sealing holes/cracks.
    Mice can get in through the tiniest holes so every single one needs sealing. and there's plenty more mice outside waiting to get in.
    They can also run up wires and poles leaning against the house into the attic so you need to check there too.

Alternatively get a cat or two.

Make a mouse bucket trap, check youtube.

This is proply the best invention every gonna try the mouse bucket trap tonight. Thanks for the hint

Stheno wrote: »
    Get a cat.

Seal all holes

Get the poison people in.

QED

Had 2 cats last year dog didn't like then. There with Stuart now :mad:

Stheno wrote: »
    I got a cat when I moved into a house built on farm land. the fecker was far too good at his job, and I arrived home one day to a pyramid of bodies as a present :D

All awaiting me just inside the hall door.

I think the missus would move out if she saw that. She dosn't even know that there was/is mice here. I can't tell her not worth the grief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭tsuzmir

+1 for getting a cat. but there is a bright side of having mice at home - you can be sure you dont have rats!

Advertisement