Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your First Website

Options
  • 22-10-2012 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

Post photos of the first site you ever designed/made doesn't matter how terrible it was this is just for fun.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

There's no way in hell I'd have screen grabs of that.

Where's yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

Have it on a file in college, will put it up on friday after I grab it from the college servers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Aged 12 using HTML in notepad... I believe its content went as far as "Welcome to [fasttalkerchat]'s website" in a bright green font on a black background :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Anyone know how to get url of past websites on geocities? First I can remember was a dark and creepy, and disgusting looking, site containing angsty teen song lyrics :o

Methinks it didn't validate either... The worst crime of all!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

My first Geocities site (1996) is no longer on any of the archive sites. CollegePark/Quad/7257 - still remember the URL. I would love to have a screengrab - that thing was absolutely horrendous :)

You could check archive.org. I think there's another site that took a snapshot of the whole domain around 1998-2000 or so.

For fun there's also the Geocities-izer (warning - music). Original website isn't quite as awful :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

OK, seeing as it's Friday, I'll bite, http://www.iol.ie/~featurel/

It was for a chat channel called #morgue on irc.iol.ie and I'd say it's at least 15 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Mine is apparently still there., complete with nasty frameset and ads to beat the band for the free hosting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

cormee wrote: »
    OK, seeing as it's Friday, I'll bite, http://www.iol.ie/~featurel/

It was for a chat channel called #morgue on irc.iol.ie and I'd say it's at least 15 years old.
    That brings back memories. :) IRC - very old skool.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

jmcc wrote: »
    That brings back memories. :) IRC - very old skool.

Regards...jmcc

Did you not used to visit #morgue? I definitely remember someone with initials like yours, from Waterford I think, popping in occasionally. Whoever it was knew Piersey, vixen, grommet etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

cormee wrote: »
    Did you not used to visit #morgue? I definitely remember someone with initials like yours, from Waterford I think, popping in occasionally. Whoever it was knew Piersey, vixen, grommet etc.
    Yep. A long time ago when the web was young. :) There was even a Waterford Internet/IOL Users Group at one stage though some of the conversations at those meetings were even stranger than on IRC.

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement
Advertisement