Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any fairs/markets in/around Galway?

Options
  • 22-10-2012 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

hey all im very new to boards, this is my 1st post to be exact :)

Anyway i was hoping for any information on local indoor markets/fairs that i could sell at? i have a little fb page at the moment and while im doing well i would also like to actually be seen out there as well if you know what i mean.

Thanks in advance x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

not many around the city, more about 20 mins away to drive, others will inform you.
    if you dont mind, send me a private message to your page, id like to have a look :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 galwaybrummie

swiftman wrote: »
    not many around the city, more about 20 mins away to drive, others will inform you.
    if you dont mind, send me a private message to your page, id like to have a look :)

Thanks Swiftman, gort, portumna,loughrea, etc would suit. will pm you for sure but its more of a girly page lol dunno if there'd be anything for you on there? Assuming you are a man lol ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Ahh, did you try google.

I did, and took about 2.3 seconds to find this: http://www.bordbia.ie/aboutfood/farmersmarkets/pages/default.aspx

Ahh, did you try google.

I did, and took about 2.3 seconds to find this: http://www.bordbia.ie/aboutfood/farmersmarkets/pages/default.aspx

i tried google thanks but didnt type the word farmer in so didnt get those results. not sure a farmers market is what id need though or is that just the name for a market these days? i sell jewellery and headpieces for races/bridal etc

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

Ahh, did you try google.

ah did you take the time to read here post or were you to quickly googleing the wrong thing.

also just wondering!!! why did you change your user name from justmary. was because of the ''i pay taxes = i send you to college'' quote

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I googled "markets in galway", and pointed you to a good list of markets. Your original post didn't say what you sell - but really it's irrelevant, there aren't that many markets out there. Your call really, whether you want to contact them using the information on that list or not.

swiftman, why I changed my name is my own business.

But it has nothing to do with any posts I've made - and I stand 100% behind my opinion that taxpayers have the right to expect students to make use of the opportunities that they've been given.

I googled "markets in galway", and pointed you to a good list of markets. Your original post didn't say what you sell - but really it's irrelevant, there aren't that many markets out there. Your call really, whether you want to contact them using the information on that list or not.

swiftman, why I changed my name is my own business.

But it has nothing to do with any posts I've made - and I stand 100% behind my opinion that taxpayers have the right to expect students to make use of the opportunities that they've been given.

thank you - i will look into it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

swiftman wrote: »
    ''i pay taxes = i send you to college''

Do tax payers not pay for subsidized education? or why exactly would you think it's a statement somebody would want to distance themselves from?

"I pay taxes = I pay for the Gardai"
    "I pay taxes = I pay for the Hospitals"
    "I pay taxes = I pay for the roads"

If she made arguments similar to that would you be outraged? Do you get pissy when somebody complains about pot holes in the roads? 50 people on beds in A&E, A lack of Gardai in the city center? Each is just as note worthy as students who abuse the education system.

Also for the OP there use to be a market out by Headford every Saturday. It might be worth a look though I haven't been out that way in years to even be able to say it still happens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

If you want a regular local authority space, there's one up for grabs on a Friday in Athenry and three on the Thursday. The Friday's better as there are two other sellers there already.

Other than that, I've a facebook page for car boot sales if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

I know there is one on in The Cottage Bar in Salthill. I'm not too sure though how regular it is.A quick phone call or check of their web site would let you know. The market out on the Headford Road is not great in my opinion. Then again if you are looking to sell shiny,synthetic leisure wear it might be just the place. Though I think there is also a market on Saturday or Sunday in Claregalway. Just beside the old Spar. There is also one on in the Claregalway Business park on Sundays. It's not too bad,or at least it used not be. I haven't been in a while.I'm pretty sure there is also one on in Oranmore,it might be Thursady mornings(not too sure about the day to be honest).It used be on just beside the pitch,right in the town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Aye, the Claregalway one is fine for general browsing and picking up odds and ends. There's a Moycullen (outdoor) market Fridays. They're on FB too.

Greaney wrote: »
    If you want a regular local authority space, there's one up for grabs on a Friday in Athenry and three on the Thursday. The Friday's better as there are two other sellers there already.

Other than that, I've a facebook page for car boot sales if that helps.

would love some more info on this greaney, unfortunately only weekends suit as i have 2 small kids and school runs etc

thanks a mill to the other posters too i will check claregalway out also but i think all stalls are occupied until after xmas

Advertisement