Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fluval 305

Options
  • 22-10-2012 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

hi folks ...

would a Fluval 305 be too powerful for a 100 litre tank??

any opinions??

thanks a mill.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

It probably is a bit too much for a 100 litre. Over filtration is always a good thing but the only worry is the extremely fast water circulation and depending on what fish you have that could be a problem.

You could have the outflow nozzle directly facing the glass or use a long spray bar on the surface.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

hi folks ...

would a Fluval 305 be too powerful for a 100 litre tank??

any opinions??

thanks a mill.

Hiya,

As a rough rule of thumb, you want all your water to be filtered at a minimum of around 5 times per hour.

So for your 100lt tank you're looking for a filter with a 500 lt per hour capacity minimum.

The fluval 305 has 960lt per hour so thats pretty good for your tank.

Also, as above poster noted, to stop your fish/plants/substrate being blasted around, aim the outlet upwards/towards glass/use a spray bar.

CC.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭cyberblade 918c

thanks for that guys ....

its a cold water tank with some pretty hardy fish in it, I have a cheap internal filter at the min and it pumps 800L/ph which doest seem to bother the fish at all so I think I will go with the 305 and see how it goes as I'm picking it up pretty handy and i'd love to upgrade to a 260L tank in a few months.

cheers (",)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 MR PIGGY

Hi All,
    Can someone please help, i am looking for a good external filter for a trigon 190lt tank. I am looking at either a JBLe901 or a Eheim. Does anyone know where the cheapest place is to get one as i am need one ASAP.
    Cheers
    Mr Piggy

Advertisement