Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

details of outstanding mortgage?

• 22-10-2012 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all. I'm currently interested in buying a property but would like to know if there is an outstanding mortgage on this property and if the mortgage is being serviced, i.e. who is selling the house? builder or bank? Is it possible to find this detail out? cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

A land registry search will let you see who the owner of the property is and what charges/burdens are registered on the property.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 bear2011

Cheers, the land registry does give the details of the owner and lender. I'm in the situation of making an offer on the property (vacant house,never lived in,builders finish but untouched for 4 yrs so getting shook!) but would be interested to know if the mortgage is being serviced for obvious reasons. Don't suppose I can get this info anywhere????

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

You can't, and frankly it's none of your business.

thanks for your input henry ford iii. All info greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

I can understand you want this info to leverage your offer for the property but it is not available and none of your business as mentioned. Whatever is owed would have no implication for you when buying the property.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

bear2011 wrote: »
    thanks for your input henry ford iii. All info greatly appreciated.

He's right, it isn't. Why would you want to know such a thing?

thank you chris85. as you said leverage with the bank is what i was hoping for, anyhow thank you for your information

Advertisement