Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leash snap

• 22-10-2012 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Was making my way out back yesterday, got caught by the last in a set and 'SNAP' goes Mr Leash - quite a sinking feeling so watch my board make its own way in while poor ol me had to swim/body surf through chop to get back to the beach.

So anyway, the cord that ties the leash to the board has snapped, looks like a bit of old fashion wear and tear. So where can I get a replacement cord or what makes a good substitute?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Always user thicker big wave leash's, only ever snapped once

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Might be a good time to buy a full new leash if the cord was that old it leash it's self must be getting on, you could keep it as a back up

http://store.magicseaweed.com/Surfboard-Leashes/Page/190/

I did get some spare cords on MSW once but can't find them now try a surf shop or a sailing shop they should have some thing tin but strong enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

Ask for dyneema cord in a sailing shop (providing your leash is in good nick). They'll cut you a bit off a big spool.

Some shoe laces do as a quick fix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Ask for dyneema cord in a sailing shop (providing your leash is in good nick). They'll cut you a bit off a big spool.
    What he said, your leg will come off before Dyneema breaks, its only as strong as the knot you tie it with though. Double sheetbend is the way to go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

xxyyzz wrote: »
    What he said, your leg will come off before Dyneema breaks, its only as strong as the knot you tie it with though. Double sheetbend is the way to go.

Cool website.

I would go for this. http://www.animatedknots.com/doublefishermans/index.php?Categ=climbing&LogoImage=LogoGrog.jpg&Website=www.animatedknots.com It will never open. Sheetbend is used more for temporarily joining ropes of unequal thickness and may come undone as it is loaded and unloaded.

Leash cord snapped after the paddle out on the second session, caught by wide set and had the nastiest of swims back, must be running out of lives:)

Board slightly damaged, nothing glide can't fix...

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭The Big Lebowsky

I had a bulldog leash swivel snap on me at Castlefreake this year, when I got trapped on the inside in some pretty gnarly shorebreak and had to dive under
    .It happened just after I finished riding my first wave of the day...Bummer...

Advertisement