Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the pavillion like for a gig!/

Options
  • 22-10-2012 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

can anyone tell me what the pavillion is like for a gig? Want to see hyponotic brass ensemble on sunday coming and wondering if its a seated or standing venue? On the ticket it says seated but I couldnt imagine it being that big?
    Cheers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

theaaao wrote: »
    can anyone tell me what the pavillion is like for a gig? Want to see hyponotic brass ensemble on sunday coming and wondering if its a seated or standing venue? On the ticket it says seated but I couldnt imagine it being that big?
    Cheers
    You'll want to get there early to get any seating and it's high bar stools no convential seating.Bear in mind it gets pretty hot there.I saw the Brass ensemble in ,09 and they put on a hell of a show.I'd go see them again but I'm going to The Miles Davis allstars in the Everyman and can't afford to see two big paying shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Cheers

It's a great venue. Terrific sound, good vibe and HBE will tear the place up like they normally do. Good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭theaaao

darkdubh wrote: »
    You'll want to get there early to get any seating and it's high bar stools no convential seating.Bear in mind it gets pretty hot there.I saw the Brass ensemble in ,09 and they put on a hell of a show.I'd go see them again but I'm going to The Miles Davis allstars in the Everyman and can't afford to see two big paying shows.

So there's no assigned seating as such?my friend already has a ticket, wondering if well be sitting in diff seats! But as far as I understand you, once you get there early we can sit or stand together?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,023 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

So there's no assigned seating as such?my friend already has a ticket, wondering if well be sitting in diff seats! But as far as I understand you, once you get there early we can sit or stand together?

There's a few tables around a recessed dance floor, and there's a few more around the bar and behind it. They're just bar stools (high ones) and tables, no reserved seating.

Great spot for a gig, will be there Thursday for Fred myself...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

The Pav is quite small, so if there is any seating, I would imagine it will be no more than 20/30 seats.

As above, the sound system in the Pav is top notch. Great gig venue as it is quite "intimate".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭theaaao

Cheers lad. Looking forward to it now!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Dan Dare

Cheers lad. Looking forward to it now!:D
    Saw the Fall in the pavillion in July, great gig. Great venue!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭vrobot

Definitely one of the best venues in Cork - the sound is great! Saw Franz Ferdinand there a few months ago. Would get their VERY early if you want a seat but I think it's probably better to be standing so you can get into it more and move around. Enjoy!

Advertisement