Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2x chimneys repair quote

Options
  • 22-10-2012 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭

Folks,

I have received the following quote to repair the lead flashing around 2 chimneys on a tiled roof. Building is a 2 storey over basement apartment building in Dublin 6.
    I would appreciate your opinion if this is reasonable or not. Thanks

quote for the 2 double chimney's at Rathmines;

Details of works
    remove tiles around chimney area and strip away oldperished felt & battons
    replaced with new slaters felt and treated battons whereneeded.
    remove old lead .chimney to be reflashed with new code 4lead .
    flash chimney using lead soakers on top of roofing tilescorrectly
    cut tiles back in position .repoint chimney stepflashings.
    materials ;

lead code 4
    roofing slaters
    roofing battons
    additional tiles
    sand cement
    waterproofing.

materials/labour €2,100 + VAT at 13.5%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭MicktheMan

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 46,129 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Personally I would think its a bit on the high side (the price, not the chimneys ;)) but then again its in Dublin so probably not that far off the mark although I would haggle a bit if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭MicktheMan

Thanks Muffler.
    Yeah, that's what I thought too. I'm not based in Dublin either so hopefully somebody from the Dublin area could comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 charlie3

yea sounds a bit hi allright ,but its hard to know without looking at it . i'd say no more then €1400 at most its a 3 day job !
    mick sure give us a pm if you want us to take a look at it ,
    will bring the barry's tea ....

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 280 ✭✭engineermike

hi,
    chimney x 2 price looks fair for Dublin. You might get a couple of dollars more off (not much) by shopping around. I'd estimate thats a fair price - taking there probably brick chimneys (?) - which involves at lot of messing around stepping and chasing flashing.
    If you want an alternative price p/m and I can provide details of 2 roofing companies I use in city.
    But in fairness your original quote is not far off the mark.
    Mike F :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement