Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online gambling affects mortgage app??

• 22-10-2012 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi,
    for the past few year i have been gambling online....the deposits were somethings big(ie 50-100) but mainly smaller like in 10s or 20s at a time!! I now have a girlfriend and I am afraid if we want to settle down in the next few years(maybe 4/5 years from now) and look for a mortgage that my stupid gambling history will shut us down....this is a major worry for me as my girlfriend is totally unaware i gamble!!!any views or opinions will be greatly appreciated!!!
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭BettorAssist

Open an account with a different bank/CU and start saving there. They dont have access to your original accounts individual transactions so they ask for 6 months of statements when you apply for a mortgage. Also the bank looks for things like large withdrawals at 11.30pm on saturday night in the city centre.

You have a lot of time to present the correct image if you are smart about how to do things. Cash is king.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Frankie4fingers

BettorAssist;Open an account with a different bank/CU and start saving there. They dont have access to your original accounts individual transactions so they ask for 6 months of statements when you apply for a mortgage. Also the bank looks for things like large withdrawals at 11.30pm on saturday night in the city centre.

You have a lot of time to present the correct image if you are smart about how to do things. Cash is king.

Ya but the credit union don't offer mortgages do they??? Also i am an ulster bank customer so if i had ta open an account for aib for example and saved money their would i qualify for a mortgage even though my wages get paid into it???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭BettorAssist

Have a savings account with AIB and have a regular amount of cash going into it to show you are a saver.

You can apply for a mortgage with any bank.

Do you gambling with paddy power where you can lodge and withdraw in the shop.

Use cash for purchases that would be frowned on by a bank such as a e500 round in the hound and hare or e1,000 in HMV on a salary of e30,000.

Its just basic cop on about what would raise red flags.

Credit ratings go back 5 years so don't miss loan payments in this period.

Don't pay e300,000 for a small 2 bed apartment and then complain about not being able to afford your mortgage:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Just get a moneybookers account, simples ;)

.............any views or opinions will be greatly appreciated!!!
    thanks

If you are not telling your girlfriend that you gamble and have a stupid gambling history that you reckon is a blot on your financial copybook I honestly suggest you get help with your gambling unless you can control it yourself which appears perhaps not to be the case.

Planning to conceal your future gambling exploits from your girlfriend suggests you may have a problem.

Help is out there, I'm 100% serious btw.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

maybe an old thread but you can always get an 02 money card to deposit money on.!!

Advertisement