Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solid fuel boilers

Options
  • 22-10-2012 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Hello.

I am just wondering what are people's views on solid fuel boilers instead of condensing oil boiler.

Our house is 3000sq ft and has UFH.

We use a lot of oil. Prob need a boiler with a 1500ltr buffer tank. Only guessing size.

I was looking at

http://www.econboilers.com/solidmaster-boilers.html

Which look a decent boiler. Fan control and cast iron.

Also was looking at

http://www.greenheat.ie/index.php?contentid=m-series&sid=appliances

Without the hopper. Can be feed with timber always but if you get lazy can burn wood pellets and add an automatic feeder later when I' m greyer and wiser :-)

Any views greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 eoingaillimh

You've probably go sorted out by now, but we changed from oil to a solid fuel boiler recently and are thrilled with it.

I reckon, when winter sets in, we'll be getting 24/7 heating, hot water and towel rads, at 30% of the cost of getting the same output from oil. The best investment we've made in a long time.

Our house is also UFH and same size as yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lefthalf

Hi there,
    I was wondering did you get your solid fuel bolier installed ? what type did you go for and how are you getting on with it ?
    I have same size house using oil to heat it and it's a killer so am now looking at getting the solid fuel boiler in as I live on afew acres with
    plenty of available wood. Any info would be good.
    Cheers.

Advertisement