Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox live connection

Options
  • 23-10-2012 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭

my xbox keeps losing its connection between 11 and 12 every night, very strange, any ideas? my nat is open also

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Gweedling

Who's your ISP? Same thing has been happening to me for the past week or so, I'm with UPC. Noticed the NAT settings like to change to moderate sometimes, which would be causing these sort of issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

I'm in the same boat happens at night nat type changes sometimes to strict
    I have the Xbox live settings on manual
    Dmz enabled on Reuter
    UNDP enabled
    And still have to reset my Reuter most nights
    I loose wifi signal and full connection
    I have he new Cisco dcois3

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Gweedling

you said DMZ enabled, but did you put the Xbox in the DMZ? if that fails, try manually opening the ports:

TCP
    53 80 1863 3074

UDP 53 88 1863 3074

allow these ports on the manual IP, easy enough to do when you're with UPC

Gweedling wrote: »
    you said DMZ enabled, but did you put the Xbox in the DMZ? if that fails, try manually opening the ports:

TCP
    53 80 1863 3074

UDP 53 88 1863 3074

allow these ports on the manual IP, easy enough to do when you're with UPC

I've done all that mate except for the port 1863
    Since putting port 1863 in it's been staying open
    I don't even think xbox support mention that port

Thanks man

Btw I also changed the lease from 60minutes to 1140 minutes
    Not sure if that helped but I haven't been disconnected since

This also helped

If your ISP is not DSL then,follow the given instruction..

Open an Internet Explorer browser page on your wired computer(desktop).In the address bar type - 192.168.1.1 and press Enter...Leave Username blank & in Password use admin in lower case...

On the set-up tab change the MTU Size to 1365 and click Save Settings...Click on "Administration" tab and disable the option UPnP and click Save Settings...Click on "Applications and Gaming" tab and then click on "Port Range Forwarding" subtab...

1) On the first line in Application box type in ABC, in the start box type in 53 and End box type in 3074, leave the protocol as both and under ip address type in 192.168.1.20 and check the enable box, click Save Settings once done...

2) Once you return to the set up page click on the Security tab and uncheck Block Anonymous Internet Requests and click on Save Settings...

3)Click on the Status tab and take note of DNS1 and DNS2 Addresses...

4) Goto the XBox Network Settings and IP Address Settings and select manual IP Settings and assign the following on your Xbox
    IP Address :- 192.168.1.20, Subnet Mask :- 255.255.255.0, Default Gateway :- 192.168.1.1...

5) Also assign the DNS Addresses on the Xbox
    Use DNS1 and DNS2 Addresses you took note off of the router status tab as Primary DNS & Secondary DNS for the xbox...

6) Turn off your modem, router, and Xbox...Wait for a minute...

7) Plug the modem power first, wait for another minute and plug the router power cable, wait another minute and turn on the Xbox and test it...it will connect...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

admin for password doesn't work :confused:

admin for password doesn't work :confused:
    I'm with UPC and have a cisco Reuter the password is just blank for UPC

Advertisement