Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clocks going back!

Options
  • 23-10-2012 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Hi All
    Just wondering what to do with the clocks going back and feeding times but especially waking times?
    Currently baby (3 months old) wakes about 6/6.30am for a babble and feeding time is 7am
    Then 10am, 1pm, 4pm, 6pm, 8pm and 11pm dream feed (baby whisperer routine ;))
    Has anyone changed the feeding times forward a little everyday for 1 or 2 weeks or just instant change from that first morning?
    When they go forward in March I don`t think it`ll be an issue!?!?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

You can start adjusting 10 or 15 mins every day so it's not a huge jump by sunday.. I find it only takes a day or 2 and they're back on track.. but i will make an adjustment to bed time this week for the eldest boy.. he can't cope past 8pm but wakes at 7.30 so, i'l leave him up 10mins extra for a night or 2 and this seems to help.. don't panic too much about it ;) it's worse when they go forward :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

see how he adjusts and when he wants it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

I always dreaded the clocks changing, but its like anything they just adapt so fast to it aswell. When my little fella was very small a day or two before the clocks changed I tried to get him used to it by doing half an hour earlier until he caught up.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

J woke at 6:30am ( really 7:30am), he's a bit sick today so not really interested in his food so he didn't mind waiting the extra hour for lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

A is completely out of sync and has been a bit grumpy all day. Unusually she had an unsettled night last night as well which isn't helping.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Same as that.. 2year old slept til 8.30 which would be 9.30 :eek: he never sleeps that late.. i was delighted :D baby woke at 6.40 which was 7.40.. so that was ok.. i didn't have to get up anyway it was sunday morning.. my lie in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Weirdly it seemed to suit us too! Although A is quite sick with temp and snots!! So routine out the window anyway! She slept really well last nite tho until 8 which is now 7!! Normally wakes between 5 & 6!!! Amazing!!! Nite before she was awake every hr or less tho trying to clear her nose or cough so maybe she was just shattered!
    I was happy anyway!!!

Advertisement