Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Therapie Clinics & Tattoo Removal

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

There are so many factors that can all have a bearing on laser removal, yes clinics and tattoo studios use the same lasers but one mainly deals with hair removal and beauty products the other only focuses on tattoo removal.

The strength the laser is set at also has a big bearing the stronger the quicker it will fade but the more likely it will leave scarring it's finding the right balance.

The tattoo itself colours and how well the ink is in the dermis also have a bearing every tattoo and every persons skin will react differently it's not an exact science.

Take a photo before and after the healing period of each session as sometimes the fade happens so slowly it can be hard for the naked eye to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Kellykmb

There are so many factors that can all have a bearing on laser removal, yes clinics and tattoo studios use the same lasers but one mainly deals with hair removal and beauty products the other only focuses on tattoo removal.

The strength the laser is set at also has a big bearing the stronger the quicker it will fade but the more likely it will leave scarring it's finding the right balance.

The tattoo itself colours and how well the ink is in the dermis also have a bearing every tattoo and every persons skin will react differently it's not an exact science.

Take a photo before and after the healing period of each session as sometimes the fade happens so slowly it can be hard for the naked eye to see it.
    thanks for your advise hugely apprichiated. i know i need somewhete with an nd yag laser to get rid of all this black ink. im so depressed over it i hope it works for me i kno it could take years and thats ok. do you think im better off dealing with a doctor/cosmetic group or a studio?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Kellykmb wrote: »
    thanks for your advise hugely apprichiated. i know i need somewhete with an nd yag laser to get rid of all this black ink. im so depressed over it i hope it works for me i kno it could take years and thats ok. do you think im better off dealing with a doctor/cosmetic group or a studio?

If your in dublin, get into Zulu tattoo, Patric will take care of you and give you all the info you need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    If your in
    dublin, get into Zulu tattoo, Patric will take care of you and give you
    all the info you need.

+1r for patric, he knows his sh!t when it comes to laser.

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    +1r for patric, he knows his sh!t when it comes to laser.

thanks so much guys for all yer help

• Advertisement

It will work you just need to be patient and a lot of it, no need to be getting depressed over it :). I had experience with a cosmetic studio and a few tattoo studios over the coarse of mine.

Avoid cosmetic studios they lack knowledge and charge extortionate prices for it. Find yourself a good studio to get it done. In Dublin I could recommend a couple of places, having dealt with Dublin Ink, Inkwest in Blanchardstown and Zulu Tattoo and a Cosmetic place.

The ones I would recommend the most would be Inkwest and Dublin Ink.

It will work you just need to be patient and a lot of it, no need to be getting depressed over it :). I had experience with a cosmetic studio and a few tattoo studios over the coarse of mine.

Avoid cosmetic studios they lack knowledge and charge extortionate prices for it. Find yourself a good studio to get it done. In Dublin I could recommend a couple of places, having dealt with Dublin Ink, Inkwest in Blanchardstown and Zulu Tattoo and a Cosmetic place.

The ones I would recommend the most would be Inkwest and Dublin Ink.
    marty ur a ledgend!! im in cork so hav no clue!! but il def travel. wat about iconic art? there removals look good! you have made me feel miles better so good i may even sleep tonite!
    how hav u been finding your treatmeants. theres my nail artist she has a nd yag machiene in her homevshes certafied and dog cheap but il be leavin that off!!!!

marty ur a ledgend!! im in cork so hav no clue!! but il def travel. wat about iconic art? there removals look good! you have made me feel miles better so good i may even sleep tonite!
    how hav u been finding your treatmeants. theres my nail artist she has a nd yag machiene in her homevshes certafied and dog cheap but il be leavin that off!!!!

No problem glad to be of help :).

I really couldn't give any recommendations for Cork though maybe someone else on here can help with that one. But im pretty sure you shouldn't have to travel and there would be somewhere in Cork quite competent at it. If there removals look good give them a try.

Im finished mine I received 10 to 12 treatments I can't remember how many exactly now :o, and that was to fade mine enough for a cover up :).

No problem glad to be of help :).

I really couldn't give any recommendations for Cork though maybe someone else on here can help with that one. But im pretty sure you shouldn't have to travel and there would be somewhere in Cork quite competent at it. If there removals look good give them a try.

Im finished mine I received 10 to 12 treatments I can't remember how many exactly now :o, and that was to fade mine enough for a cover up :).
    sounds great marty! i just want mine
    gone no cover up i kno it might still leave some shadowing.. theres no studio down here that does it jus cosmetic.. do you mind me asking was it a large tattoo and hw long u left between your sessions! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Corkgirl210

hi,

i got four sessions and my tatoo has faded greatly.. parts are completely gone.. i actually booked another 4 sessions for 50euro but couldnt use as I had previously used the deal..

so if anyone is interested in 4 sessions for 50euro in dublin 1 laser clinic.. pm me...

emailed the owner but she wouldnt allow the deal to be honored.. :o(

• Advertisement

hi,

i got four sessions and my tatoo has faded greatly.. parts are completely gone.. i actually booked another 4 sessions for 50euro but couldnt use as I had previously used the deal..

so if anyone is interested in 4 sessions for 50euro in dublin 1 laser clinic.. pm me...

emailed the owner but she wouldnt allow the deal to be honored.. :o(
    can i ask how old your tattoo was? where is the deal for x

my tatoo was over 10 years old...

its for laser removal clinic marys mall..

it was a livingsocial deal.. u can renew up until mid july for first session.. each session 4-6 weeks in between to allow to heal in between sessions..

its painful but it works.. :o)

it was a livingsocial deal.. u can renew up until mid july for first session.. each session 4-6 weeks in between to allow to heal in between sessions..

IIRC, you're supposed to leave 6-8 weeks between laser sessions, to reduce the risk of scarring and skin bleaching...

my tattoo is massive and its new ink :( tryna keep positive

my tattoo is massive and its new ink :( tryna keep positive

Everybody's skin reacts differently, and there's every chance yours will be able to be lasered successfully, so try not to worry. If it's 'massive,' it might take a LOT of sessions, but you'll get there in the end. :)

Everybody's skin reacts differently, and there's every chance yours will be able to be lasered successfully, so try not to worry. If it's 'massive,' it might take a LOT of sessions, but you'll get there in the end. :)

thank you so much for yoyr kind words.. i havent slept or eaten in the last week since having it done. my own mistake beautiful tattoo jus wrong placenment :( can yoy recommend anywhere in the country. thanks again. :)))

thank you so much for yoyr kind words.. i havent slept or eaten in the last week since having it done. my own mistake beautiful tattoo jus wrong placenment :( can yoy recommend anywhere in the country. thanks again. :)))

For laser, I'd go with Dublin Ink in Dublin City Centre, or Ink West in Blanchardstown, like Marty McFly recommended. Patric Aultice in Zulu (also Dublin CC) is also very good with laser and knows what he's talking about, and is very reassuring. He's not in every day, so I'd recommend giving them a ring and finding out what days he's in, as tbh the other guy in there who does laser isn't nearly as good.

My friend has a tattoo that's only about 2 years old, and she's been getting it lasered, and it's coming along extremely well, Patric doesn't even think there'll be any scarring afterwards, just some bleaching of her skin.

Don't stress so much that you lose sleep over it! I know that's much easier said than done, but laser treatments WILL help, so don't let yourself stress for nothing. It's not going to be the way it is now forever, laser will help it and you'll get it all sorted eventually. it's a long process, but it'll be worth it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭mydogjack

HI all,

Can anybody tell me if certain colours cannot be removed.
    I have a tatoo that is mostly green, had it done in Turkey 7 years ago.
    Roughly 5cm x 5cm.

Can this be removed????

Thanks.

mydogjack wrote: »
    HI all,

Can anybody tell me if certain colours cannot be removed.
    I have a tatoo that is mostly green, had it done in Turkey 7 years ago.
    Roughly 5cm x 5cm.

Can this be removed????

Thanks.

Should be able to be removed. The only colour that laser cannot remove as far as I know is white.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭mydogjack

great thanks, somebody told me green can be near impossible to remove.

• Advertisement

mydogjack wrote: »
    great thanks, somebody told me green can be near impossible to remove.

Some colours can be more difficult, but not impossible, might just take more sessions than a black tattoo. :)

u can use 2 sessions of the deal if its big..

and isnt it better that your ink is new? mine would have went in less sessions but it hurts so I had it on a low session and then it went up higher but u get used to it.. I should have started on a high setting...

Dont worry about it...I didnt believe it could be removed until i tried it.. I know after my first session ink literally came off when I took the dressing off.. it was on the dressing and bath.. seeing is believing..

:)

You do need to perservere.. rome wasnt built in a day! chin up.. wer theres a will theres a way...

For laser, I'd go with Dublin Ink in Dublin City Centre, or Ink West in Blanchardstown, like Marty McFly recommended. Patric Aultice in Zulu (also Dublin CC) is also very good with laser and knows what he's talking about, and is very reassuring. He's not in every day, so I'd recommend giving them a ring and finding out what days he's in, as tbh the other guy in there who does laser isn't nearly as good.

My friend has a tattoo that's only about 2 years old, and she's been getting it lasered, and it's coming along extremely well, Patric doesn't even think there'll be any scarring afterwards, just some bleaching of her skin.

Don't stress so much that you lose sleep over it! I know that's much easier said than done, but laser treatments WILL help, so don't let yourself stress for nothing. It's not going to be the way it is now forever, laser will help it and you'll get it all sorted eventually. it's a long process, but it'll be worth it. :)
    you are so reassuring thank you so very much its just so big im worried, my whole top of arm almost. i know it may take years and im going to be patient. i was on the phone to river view medical centre today, they were very nice but i dont know will a skin clinic be any good and they will be way more expensive.
    thank you for all your advice im proberly wrecking everyones head but your reassurance is amazing :)

you are so reassuring thank you so very much its just so big im worried, my whole top of arm almost. i know it may take years and im going to be patient. i was on the phone to river view medical centre today, they were very nice but i dont know will a skin clinic be any good and they will be way more expensive.
    thank you for all your advice im proberly wrecking everyones head but your reassurance is amazing :)

You're not wrecking anyone's head, plenty of people get tattoos and regret them or have an 'oh fcuk' moment after. :) Once you're okay with the fact that it could take a long time, you're good to go.

Honestly, I wouldn't go to skin clinics. They charge a hell of a lot more money for essentially the same work as a tattoo studio, and tattoo artists who do laser would tend to know more about tattoo removal because that's what their career is, tattoos! Skin clinics all focus on hair removal, which is great, but it's not the same as tattoo removal!

u can use 2 sessions of the deal if its big..

and isnt it better that your ink is new? mine would have went in less sessions but it hurts so I had it on a low session and then it went up higher but u get used to it.. I should have started on a high setting...

Dont worry about it...I didnt believe it could be removed until i tried it.. I know after my first session ink literally came off when I took the dressing off.. it was on the dressing and bath.. seeing is believing..

:)

You do need to perservere.. rome wasnt built in a day! chin up.. wer theres a will theres a way...
    thanks Rayanne PMA all the way!
    wont be having anything done for another wile as i have holiday booked and cant start sessions and be in sun x

sounds great marty! i just want mine
    gone no cover up i kno it might still leave some shadowing.. theres no studio down here that does it jus cosmetic.. do you mind me asking was it a large tattoo and hw long u left between your sessions! :)

Really suprised there no studios around that way that do it to be honest. I left it between 6 to 8 weeks between healing it depends sometime it healed quicker than others. But even when it looks healed the body is still breaking down the ink pigment. You will know your own body and when it is ready for another session.

As for age of the tattoo yes it can help but again not an exact science mine would have been close to ten years old when I began lasering and it was well in there, also depends on the density of the ink if you have heavy blacks to say black shading some parts will fade quicker than others.

Advertisement