Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MOH warfighter first impressions

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

For anyone undecided this vid is a good start.
    I usually agree with his thoughts,genuine guy and gives honest opinions.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

That guys absolutely sucks at FPS' :D

Shiminay wrote: »
    That guys absolutely sucks at FPS' :D

Its his first game lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

scratch that. google FTW. bought myself deluxe edition for 30eu. fair play.

How? Where? :)

Does the Deluxe edition come with the BF4 beta access or what extras?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Both Digital Deluxe and Limited give BF4 beta access:

http://store.origin.com/store/eaemea/en_IE/html/pbPage.MOH_warfighter_en_IE

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I wouldnt mind them ,ive found quite a lot of their reviews to be totally different than how i found games over the years.
    I simply ignore reviews tbh, if im semi interested in a game ill get it and make up my own mind, i definitely wouldnt use eurogamer as gospel.
    I havent read the review or played the game in any form yet but all i know is ive zero interest in single player,if the MP on PC is anything like MOH but with better maps ill be happy to play MP.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Dcully wrote: »
    I wouldnt mind them ,ive found quite a lot of their reviews to be totally different than how i found games over the years.
    I simply ignore reviews tbh, if in semi interest in a game ill get it and make up my own mind, i definitely wouldnt use eurogamer as gospel.

I don't use any reviews as gospel, definitely not eurogamer - and I have no interest in the game anyway given it is silly season for new releases. I'm just curious if the delayed review copies and day one patch are a negative indicator of the game's quality. I do always think there's cause for caution when a game has been released without any early feedback, no matter what game it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

can anyone of you preload it? i dont see that option anywhere on origin...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

can anyone of you preload it? i dont see that option anywhere on origin...

You may need to restart Origin after purchase, otherwise just right click on the game entry and choose preload.

• Advertisement

Spear wrote: »
    You may need to restart Origin after purchase, otherwise just right click on the game entry and choose preload.

you are the man.

anyway, watched more of that multiplayer video and i like what i see so far. as i mentioned before, i loved MOH and this looks like get some nice stuff in. that group of 2 thing is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

Played 2 single player missions and stopped, no reason to keep going since i've seen it before and done better. The MP's at least decent but that Rush mode is imbalanced towards the attackers, with team sizes of 8-10 at the best of times why they would give the attackers 100 respawns is beyond me. And then let them refill by about 40-50 when they take a bomb site. I've seen the defenders win once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I don't use any reviews as gospel, definitely not eurogamer - and I have no interest in the game anyway given it is silly season for new releases. I'm just curious if the delayed review copies and day one patch are a negative indicator of the game's quality. I do always think there's cause for caution when a game has been released without any early feedback, no matter what game it is.

simply came down to the media needing the day one patch too. The patch solved most issues on the game. Game is smooth, looks great and plays great. Lots of fun too.

No idea what the reviewers are moaning about I think they got their panties in a twist because they didn't get it early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Judging from the reviews it looks like a fairly mundane, generic fps, I see no reason to get this when bf3 multiplayer is still going strong and far cry 3 is just around the corner

Another 5.0
    http://www.destructoid.com/review-medal-of-honor-warfighter-237311.phtml

Lads. It says it will be available to play on 25th in origin... Is that true or it's a brainf Fart of origin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭elchupanebrey

Enjoyed the MP on the previous game so i'll take a punt on this at some stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Lads. It says it will be available to play on 25th in origin... Is that true or it's a brainf Fart of origin?

Think EU is 25th UK/ Ireland is 26th but you never know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Just finished the single player.

2 outstanding levels and a lot of hohumm deja vu levels, 2 where da f*ck did that come from levels and 1 seriously underwhelming experience.

If you missed the 50% off deal then I strongly suggest against picking this up full price, wait for a sale or something.

Multiplayer is grand, but to me it feels more like an add on pack for my battlefield gaming then a stand alone title and the combining it into battlelog will encourage me to boot it up now and then instead of BF3.

Though I do have a bone to pick now with these style of shooters now that may become a thread showing up soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    Just finished the single player.
    If you missed the 50% off deal then I strongly suggest against picking this up full price, wait for a sale or something.

Deal has finished ? :(

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Deal has finished ? :(

it's for pre-order so I guess you have til the end of today?

• Advertisement

Offer runs until the 23rd Nov, i mentioned it already in the thread :)
    Played MP lastnight and its ok,enjoyable enough but nothing special if im being honest.
    Weapons feel almost identical to blacklight retribution which is a free to play game but a very good one at that.
    I got sick of the silly suppression system in BF3,atleast when you shoot guys in this they die.

Ahh missed that

I find it that I got to put a lot of rounds into people with some guns and also the assault rifles are absolutely woeful in hipfire

Though playing as a pointman tonight I learned the joy of flashbangs + shotguns with unlimited ammo.

Think EU is 25th UK/ Ireland is 26th but you never know.

Wtf? Why?! Why uk got it sooner then Ireland? Are we took big of a peasants?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I still think they should scrap the Multiplayer and concentrate on delivering a 20ish hour Single player experience and leave BF3 to be the multiplayer game and make this "buddy system" game style an add-on pack for BF3.

I still think they should scrap the Multiplayer and concentrate on delivering a 20ish hour Single player experience and leave BF3 to be the multiplayer game and make this "buddy system" game style an add-on pack for BF3.

To be honest, MOH should not be compared to BF3. It should be compared to cod. Though I do like proper SP games.

personnally I'd love to see a pvp/pve mash up using the fireteam set up.

2-4 fireteams against each other in trying to retrieve an objective that is in a location secured by AI troops. So you are not only trying to sneak/fight your way pass the AI but also trying to steal the objective from under other fireteams noses.

I mean we know frostbite is capable of much larger maps and if its an online mode that only had 8 players + spawning AI then it should run smoothly even on consoles.

Nice mix of co-op and competitive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Cheers :D Got it :) (£19.99) here in work. Not bad for a AAA title ...assuming its any use

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Would absolutely love a decent military fps that just concentrates on the campaign. The old medal of honors & call of dutys were great and lasted hours. Call of duty 2 was unreal.

Never going to come from EA though as the boss of EA said they would never release a game if it didn't have multiplayer :(

I dont always agree with TB but he is spot on here.
    This is why i wont touch single player on this or BF3 etc.
    Thanks God for the likes of Borderlands2 etc for some decent single player fps fun.

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    I dont always agree with TB but he is spot on here.
    This is why i wont touch single player on this or BF3 etc.
    Thanks God for the likes of Borderlands2 etc for some decent single player fps fun.

i like TB, but he was way too bitchy and on waaay high horsy there. He acts in this video like there are no other first person shooters out there. there are plenty of then, which gives you freedom of roam if you want to, but this games is based on linier path to tell a story.
    Its quite ironic that he bashes MOH for being linier, but he loves wrath of azura, which is a collection of quick time events... :rolleyes:

Anyway, its a Modern time shooter, wtf do people expect to see in it? flying dildos which shoot freaking lazer beams? If you buy a ham sandwitch, you know what it is, you dont expect it taste like cheese sandwitch?

I just finished first few misions and SP campaign is a lot better then BF3 or COD. I have already finished more levels in MOH, then BF3 and cod put together.
    i guess bottom line is: if you expect it not to be a modern time shooter, then go buy borderlands 2. If you do want some more of "current age weaponary", then it is quite interesting game. I think MOH is a wrong product in a wrong hands.

Advertisement