Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MOH warfighter first impressions

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

He is 100% right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

He's a muppet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

I agree 100% with him they are rediculious

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

s8n wrote: »
    He's a muppet

Are you saying hes wrong?

Just wondering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Played 2 games of TDM, I like the buddy system.
    Should be good if a few boardsies get it.

Too much customisation though, unlocking different skins and barrels for you gun etc, who really cares ? Also, the markers are a bit much...like the triangles in BF3, when one of your team shoot at them a circular dot appears above an enemys head...as if spotted automatically, and continues through buildings etc

I've no interest in the Single Player mission, but might try it later.
    Storywise - they can only do so much with Modern Day shooters /Terrorists/Russians - throw in a jet and nightvision mission.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Dcully wrote: »
    Are you saying hes wrong?

Just wondering.

i dont know about him, but i do like TB, but like any human, he gets brain farts now and then.

He acts like there are ONLY modern time shooters in the market and his line "DONT BE BUYING THESE GAMES" and "DONT MAKE THOSE GAMES" are the biggest level of idiocy.
    I personally enjoy Modern time shooters. I love to shoot weapons that do exist in real life. i like the natural setting. there are people like me who like it, but he just point blank goes in to this lialia rant and declares that nobody likes them... :rolleyes:
    The most sadest thing, MOH SP is the best from all the big boys so. I could not be ****ed to come back to finish MW3 and BF3, Black ops, Stories. I still came back and keep playing the MOH now. Its interesting and gameplay is good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,462 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I know nothing about that youtuber except watching the vid there and he's wrong about FPS as a whole but when it comes to military shooters, he's on the ball

They are awful

Played some MP there, the "Rush" one, dunno what its called...and the domination (control points) alongside Ktulu123 , was actually enjoyable.
    MP seems to run pretty smoothly tbh , I'm liking it so far...there may be slightly too many options and things though .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Anyway, its a Modern time shooter, wtf do people expect to see in it? flying dildos which shoot freaking lazer beams? If you buy a ham sandwitch, you know what it is, you dont expect it taste like cheese sandwitch?

I just finished first few misions and SP campaign is a lot better then BF3 or COD. I have already finished more levels in MOH, then BF3 and cod put together.
    i guess bottom line is: if you expect it not to be a modern time shooter, then go buy borderlands 2. If you do want some more of "current age weaponary", then it is quite interesting game. I think MOH is a wrong product in a wrong hands.

Exactly i drives me nuts when they go on about the setting being yet another grey/brown terrorist hunt. Well that is modern warfare, modern terrorists and pirates don't live in lush Uncharted style locations with big expansive elaborate puzzles to solve. They hide in bunkers and crappy back alleys that you need to kick doors in to find them.

Also annoys me that they say it does nothing different! It has a cover system ! that's different, sliding into cover under a hail of bullets is bad ass.

It has awesome driving sections, it has a story! That is different, it has a new multiplayer system with the buddy teams with some cool unlocks and game modes and the multiplayer nations seasons.

Im playing on PC and it looks amazing, as good if not better than BF3 and much better than COD. It plays pretty good too, weapons react like they should, bullets drop and shots miss.

So its looks as good if not better than the other two, has a better single player campaign, has multiplayer that suits close quarters combat (they actually have guys from DICE come in to help design it) that is not for twitch players, sure it doesn't have big maps with vehicles but if it did people would just complain that it was a rip off BF3 map pack.

If you want a modern military shooter that sits nicely between the realistic and action packed shooters then this is what you get.

Exactly i drives me nuts when they go on about the setting being yet another grey/brown terrorist hunt. Well that is modern warfare, modern terrorists and pirates don't live in lush Uncharted style locations with big expansive elaborate puzzles to solve. They hide in bunkers and crappy back alleys that you need to kick doors in to find them.

Also annoys me that they say it does nothing different! It has a cover system ! that's different, sliding into cover under a hail of bullets is bad ass.

It has awesome driving sections, it has a story! That is different, it has a new multiplayer system with the buddy teams with some cool unlocks and game modes and the multiplayer nations seasons.

Im playing on PC and it looks amazing, as good if not better than BF3 and much better than COD. It plays pretty good too, weapons react like they should, bullets drop and shots miss.

So its looks as good if not better than the other two, has a better single player campaign, has multiplayer that suits close quarters combat (they actually have guys from DICE come in to help design it) that is not for twitch players, sure it doesn't have big maps with vehicles but if it did people would just complain that it was a rip off BF3 map pack.

If you want a modern military shooter that sits nicely between the realistic and action packed shooters then this is what you get.

Plus any review that is out in under 24 hours can't have spent long enough with the game to get a feel for the multipayer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Plus any review that is out in under 24 hours can't have spent long enough with the game to get a feel for the multipayer

I couldn't agree more! Me and my mates played it today for 4 hours straight and it's brilliant!

Multiplayer is good craic, single player is a yawn fest.
    Someone said the graphics are better than BF3, lol no just no.

I just finished this game and honestly TB can go **** himself, with his that video...

I loved it, one of the games where i was just glued to screen and did mission after mission to see what will happen. It just make COD look so ****ing silly now...

Emotional ending ( at least for me ). Good ending.

I just finished this game and honestly TB can go **** himself, with his that video...

I loved it, one of the games where i was just glued to screen and did mission after mission to see what will happen. It just make COD look so ****ing silly now...

Emotional ending ( at least for me ). Good ending.

Yip I must be playing a different game than the review copies that got sent out, its pretty dam good. Just done the sniper section on the Pirates everything so far has been top notch. The driving sections are great you can see the Need for Speed guys did a great job there.

Every review says the story is hard to follow it is a simple story to follow. I have a feeling they rushed through the campaign on easy not stopping to take anything in to get a review out it has really soured their experience.

Just played some multiplayer and it is very good. better then MW3 by a long shot.
    I think it is just in fashion to hate modern time shooters...

Not hard to be better than MW3 or any cod since cod4 tbh but yeah i quite enjoy the MP, maps are a tad cramped though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Did you laser the building?

Reekwind wrote: »
    Did you laser the building?

You mean in the tutorial mission at the start where it teaches you how to laser buildings? Big surprise it wants you to laser a building before it lets you continue.

Next he will have a video at the "how to crouch" section and complain that there is only one liner way past that section and that you have to do what the game tells you to do. :rolleyes:

That TB video was a "joke" you could take any tutorial level and make fun of it because you have to follow instructions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

little things here and there bug me, sometimes I like, such as for example the pointman class but there's no specific aspect of it that makes it stand out all the same I seem to play it exclusively atm. But for the love of all that is holy you can not hipfire in this game. Almost everytime I've hipfired with a rifle it has ended horribly.

hell it even ended horribly with the shotgun too often for my liking.

But I'm liking the AUG with heavy barrel and extended magazine, lets me wipe fireteams easily.

If anything small really pissing me off atm it's the damn damage indicators. Using the set up established by Half Life with the flashing red in the direction you are being fired on, MOH WF seems to have somehow messed it up by keeping it all in the lower screen. So if you are fired on from someone in front of you it flashes red 2/3rds down your screen, instead of at the top.

I think I've run into the people shooting at me about 12 times last night because I instinctively run in the opposite direction to where it's flashing red and cause almost all the indicators are in the lower screen I keep assuming they are behind me when they are actually in front of me.

The fireteam mechanic also makes run & gun quite hard, not only cause chances are high if you see one guy there is likely another really close nearby but also they get a nice big marker over you telling them where to shoot if you are lucky to put down one.

I've reenacted Jurassic Park many times in this game *Clever Girl*

Other small gripe, launching from battlelog should be more conveniant but it's not, when you quit out of a match, it insists in rolling the logo animations for EA etc etc EVERYTIME

I cant simply quit out of the game back to battlelog and jump into another game, everytime I got to watch the logos and be brought back to the main menu and log back into multiplayer *groan*

though my biggest gripe with the game is the most simple

I STILL HAVE NO IDEA WHATS GOING ON!!!

ok the mission goals are straightforward for the most part and the levels easy to learn.

but the unlock system is downright confusing.

I think some attachments are locked to weapon pins but others are attached to unlocking new characters but there is no list of the attachments and what they are tied to.

hell it's not even in battlelog, you can click on the weapon in battlelog but there is no list of upcoming attachments like in battlefield,

My pointstreaks and what they do is only hinted at in the character select screen, I'm still not sure what my super uav pointstreak award does yet.

So I'm just sticking with my steyr armed australian pointman until I can get nothing else from him.

That TB video was a "joke" you could take any tutorial level and make fun of it because you have to follow instructions.

You do know he was talking about the bigger picture here and the way developers are going with the genre in general or has that gone way over your head?
    It wasnt just about MOH ,seems its got 17,476 likes, 763 dislikes ,not everyone disagrees with him :)
    The guy can be as annoying as fcuk but theres no denying hes dead right,the genre has gone incredibly stale in terms of single player,little to no innovation and just pure laziness.

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    You do know he was talking about the bigger picture here and the way developers are going with the genre in general or has that gone way over your head?
    It wasnt just about MOH ,seems its got 17,476 likes, 763 dislikes ,not everyone disagrees with him :)
    The guy can be as annoying as fcuk but theres no denying hes dead right,the genre has gone incredibly stale in terms of single player,little to no innovation and just pure laziness.

Why did he not use one of the sections of the game that offers alternative routes then? He used the tutorial to have an unfunny pop at a very popular genre in an attempt to make himself seem more interesting.

Lots of us like playing liner games, why do these people think every game needs to have a big open world game that you can explore is beyond me.

Sometimes I like to explore vast worlds, sometimes I like to be funneled down a narrow section shooting fish in a barrel. I am not an idiot I don't buy COD, BF3 or MOHW for the exploration aspects or amazing immersive experience. I want to run down an alley shoot some bad guys and watch stuff blow up.

And to be honest in a situation where they are going in to rescue hostages I would like to think the soldiers would take the direct linear route and not spend 70 hours rambling through the countryside talking to the local village folk.

I have said it before and i will say it again if these commentators think these are boring generic shooters then they should just stop playing them, go and play any of the other amazing games out there and stop making stupid Youtube videos about how much you hate what is the most popular genre out there as it just makes you look like a tit.

It is the same with movies sometimes I like to watch an epic moving story sometimes I like films like Taken.

Raged there - joined some game Krysannear and Jumbo were in, was good.
    Next map, control points...some kind of Vietnam map...nightime..fire everywhere...and we are spawning downhill, they are uphill

Basically spawning into death constantly, its so ill thought out and stupid.
    Even when you choose "Fall back" you are getting spawnkilled

Also, is there a way to remove yourself from the Fireteam ...I was paired with some awful numpty who couldnt kill anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/mohw/user/LigerZeroPanzer/

Feel free to add, might get a party going if anyones on at some stage.

Played some more MP this morning and really enjoyed it.

I need a Fireteam partner when playing tbh....

"Sean_Der_Mann" on Origin if anyone wants to add

i should be going for some MOH a bit later. Madcownipple is my name. add me, if i join and see anyone online ill try join you lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Is it better than the MOH from a few years back? I realy enjoyed that but it was too short and the multiplayer was too easy.( If that's a valid complaint)

Chavways wrote: »
    Is it better than the MOH from a few years back? I realy enjoyed that but it was too short and the multiplayer was too easy.( If that's a valid complaint)

Similar story, some say its 5-6 hours but it took me closer to 10 but i tend to hold back and play them properly using cover etc rather than rush through them like a FPS pro can.

Multiplayer is done by Danger close not DICE this time (although they had a lot of help from DICE still) but it is much more like the campaign in play style ie cover mechanism is in multiplayer.

If you liked the 2010 game you will like this.

Worst menu system ever , trying to "leave" a game took me ages to figure out.
    Trying to leave the actual menus took me ages to figure out.
    Trying to get into a game with a partner is nightmare.

Me and Kthulu made a Fireteam, locked the squad, joined a game together...expecting to be together ...both on seperate teams in squads by ourselves.
    Even when people left the game..and it was obvious there was space...you can't switch team...well not from what I can see

I WANT to like this game, I'm trying to like this game...but it's making it a tough job.

I'm also sick of the slow motion death cam.

And some of the killstreak things are ridiculously OP, the likes of that Blackhawk with the MG, and especially the Apache.
    I went 46-6 earlier on some map with TheGaelicWarrior as my partner, I ended up gettin the Apache, didn't realise...he also spawns in it as a gunner...the 2 of us fly around killin everything...it was fun an all...but its so stupid.

Serious patching is needed, and some of the maps are absolutely awful , especially that one where its a big hill.

• Advertisement

After playing some more i have to agree,the maps are poor,the ui is even worse.
    Real shame as the actual gun mechanics and gameplay is very good.

Advertisement