Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MOH warfighter first impressions

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Open the score board click the players name and click join party next round you will be on the same team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

So... what are the odds that Activision hired a load of people to say this game was awful?
    Seems a few people on here actually like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So... what are the odds that Activision hired a load of people to say this game was awful?
    Seems a few people on here actually like it.

I rarely finish single player campaigns on these games. I got 140h clocked in to bf3 and I had not even finished half of campaign.
    In this MOH I finished campaign in two sittings. I just wanted to see how it will all end, I really loved it. I don't understand reviews and some people bitching about plot being very hard to follow, it was easy to understand for me. I finished mw1 and mw2 and I did not had a clue wtf is going on. I did not even bothered with 3 as it was even worse.

I liked multiplayer, it really ends up in positional warfare on some maps. I really hated cod for run and gun with no sense of target or team play. As much as bf3 is cool, it feels very spread out. If you don't play with anyone you know it becomes ffa deathwatch 99% time.

New mechanics are cool. Simple thing in SP like, picking up a weapon using all its ammo and throwing it away, while still having your main weapon. Very simple, but so handy. ( plus it makes a fecking sense too ). Sprint slid thing. Fireteams. Dual scopes.

Ofc it has some **** parts too, some maps are great, but some maps are just shiet. Menu and system can be confusing when starting out, but it does not take a rocket scientist to figure it out.

I personally think that this game is getting a lot of shiet undeserved. It is what it is, modern era shooter. When you buy such game you have to know what you going for. A lot of bitching from some people and reviewers, but they cant even properly say what innovation they want, what it should be. It's like buying Diablo 3 and expecting story telling like witcher 2... MOH does great, what it should do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

There were 4 of us on comms last night struggling to get a game together, I'm not alone in this.
    The UI and maps are very poor, the gameplay can be very good...though some snipers are a bit OP, the TAC50 being 1 shot kill all the time.

I wish I was hired by activision to slate the game, but I want to like it, and am trying to like it as best I can, putting a good amount of hours in (MP that is - not played SP campaign)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

The interface does suck, how can they make a game with detailed graphics, audio and netcode and then screw up the bloody menu system? I've had some great games and some horrible soul destroying ones. The great ones when my fireteam buddy understood the buddy spawn and buddy heal/rearm feature and the crap ones where the enemy team knew about those things but my buddy didnt. Its a real pain when it pairs you with someone who keeps running off when you need a heal or he doesnt stay in cover when you are trying to spawn on him...but I guess the developers are to blame for not explaining it properly, it's like they want the MP to fail.

• Advertisement

The interface does suck, how can they make a game with detailed graphics, audio and netcode and then screw up the bloody menu system? I've had some great games and some horrible soul destroying ones. The great ones when my fireteam buddy understood the buddy spawn and buddy heal/rearm feature and the crap ones where the enemy team knew about those things but my buddy didnt. Its a real pain when it pairs you with someone who keeps running off when you need a heal or he doesnt stay in cover when you are trying to spawn on him...but I guess the developers are to blame for not explaining it properly, it's like they want the MP to fail.

developers to blame? i am pretty sure it would be a common sense, but for some idiots it needs to be explained with a board and marker. ( not you OP )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

developers to blame? i am pretty sure it would be a common sense, but for some idiots it needs to be explained with a board and marker. ( not you OP )
    My experience is that it does need to be explained better as every randomer that I get paired with doesnt understand how fireteams work. A simple tutorial or reminders would do the trick and would make for a more enjoyable game that stands out from COD

Damn, had a few awesome games just now. Finally me and buddy got together over vent and went for it. Played point defence mode. 5 bombs in random places and one team defend other attack.
    It was damn epic. When you got a buddy to play with it becomes a game on other level. Really damn loved it. Proper defence, covering fire, support of each other. Drama when defuse bomb on last second! :D
    Looking forward to few more games again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

The simple things in this game are frustrating as anything. Menus are needlessly complicated, is there no way to quit a game when spectating in home run??
    And why the hell do you have to end up back in the main menu and not in the multiplayer menu when you do leave a game??

I was loving the campaign until it just ended out of nowhere, I was done with it in one evening, ridiculously short.

Just using the 2 day trial on multiplayer and probably won't bother using the code as I can't see myself sticking with it.
    Maps are piss poor really.
    Would anywhere take an unused code into account for trade in does anybody know??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭caste_in_exile

First impressions are this screams rental, 3 days at most

• Advertisement

After a week with the game it has really opened up and come into its own, maps are much better than I first thought, hot spot is a great mode. plus now the run and gun kids have fallen off you actually get fireteam buddies that play with you and help.

Community is really good too. Had I guy get 52 kills and 2 deaths on the enemy team last night after the game there were no howls if cheater or hacker just people clapping and saying well done from both sides ! great to see.

No issues with the menus just set it all up on battlelog find your server and dive in, it does everything for you.

It is also interesting to see the Halo 4 reviews no mention of its 6 hour campaign, rehashed ideas and lack of innovation. It is amazing what giving reviewers a free Xbox can do for your scores. btw I'm not saying halo is bad it would just be fair to use the same standards when reviewing all shooters

It is also interesting to see the Halo 4 reviews no mention of its 6 hour campaign, rehashed ideas and lack of innovation. It is amazing what giving reviewers a free Xbox can do for your scores. btw I'm not saying halo is bad it would just be fair to use the same standards when reviewing all shooters

They didn't give you a free xbox then ? :o

SeantheMan wrote: »

They didn't give you a free xbox then ? :o

nope but its not too late Microsoft lol !

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sombaht

Community is really good too. Had I guy get 52 kills and 2 deaths on the enemy team last night after the game there were no howls if cheater or hacker just people clapping and saying well done from both sides ! great to see.

This alone is the biggest difference I see between MOH:Warfighter and the likes of COD:MW3/BLOPS etc. And it is such a welcome difference. Makes it worth the price of the game for this alone.

Cheers,
    sombaht

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

After giving this a go for a couple days I've been left entirely disappointed.

I approached it thinking I would at least like either one of the singleplayer or the multiplayer. However both ended up being quite a disaster.

In honesty I didn't play past the first level of the single player but that was enough for me to decide it wasn't for me. It was fairly bland apart from the shooting mechanic which was a little more satisfying then CODs attempt. However the sniping portion of the first mission really reduced all hope. Not a stranger to shooters I was perplexed when my bullets just seemed to go everywhere apart from at the target. This resulted in a few retries of the segment and when I finally completed the objective the game refused to move, instead locking me in the scope view with nothing going on. And that summed it up for me; some decent, if bland, ideas very poorly executed.

Sadly the same became true of the multiplayer. Despite some fun and challenging matches the overall experience was just not good enough to keep me playing. The visuals are absolutely terrible and the sound, or lack of, is all too noticeable. On top of this is the outstandingly bad interface which is really unforgivable for a big budget title like MOH.

It's worth noting that I was playing on PS3. Its possible that the PC version may correct some issues but I still wouldn't recommend anyone buy this instead of Battlefield/Call of Duty or any other decent shooter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭omerin

Glad I didn't get this so judging by these reviews, even at half price or Blackops 2. Can't beat BF3 :)

I still play it, still like it. I am jumping between this and bf3 when I need fps fix.
    Mostly solo MOH, and if there are few of us, we go BF3.

It's still shocking how bitchy and snobby people are about MOH, but how they love black ops 2, which just took same weapons, kill streaks and only changed skins, added few new maps.

For those still playing or that have it lying around The Hunt/Zero dark thirty map pack is out along with a pretty big patch 800mb that tightens up the whole game. Maps are free if you have the limited edition or if you pre ordered the digital deluxe edition.

Menu's have improved a lot, matchmaking, finding servers, viewing your unlocks etc all looks much better plus lots of gameplay and visual improvements. Hitboxes are better etc.

But the maps are awesome two massive interesting maps the most fun i've had in a long time was spent playing these maps tonight. Really well balanced, it is a game you have to learn to play to get the most out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Guys just wondering if anyone picked this up on the PS3 ? I cannot find any multiplayer games online ? Is this a dead duck now ?

Jesus, I forgot I even owned this, when I seen MOH I tried to think of the last MOH game I bought..which was Medal of Honor (2010) ...I thought.
    Then I realised that Warfighter came out about the same time as COD:BO2 ....yeah....wow...what a forgettable game, I gave it about a week or so, I think it's been dead a long time

• Advertisement

Guys just wondering if anyone picked this up on the PS3 ? I cannot find any multiplayer games online ? Is this a dead duck now ?

Still play it everyday by far the most challenging and enjoyable shooter online at the moment. The community is smaller than BF3 (still a few thousand of us still play it regularly and they are all really good).

You can step into any BF3 game and get a load of noobs mixed with one or two really good players, but in MOHW pretty much everyone is really good.

Makes the games tens times more enjoyable than BF3, your fireteam buddy is good and knows how to play and everyone else is the same.

Games are really close and tense and without children acting like spoilt brats calling everyone hackers. Games are hard but fair and very satisfying. Brings me back to the good old MAG days.

There is an issue that makes it look like no one is playing, if you search via server they all show up as empty but this is not the case. If you use quick play you will find tons of full servers with great matches going on.

Still play it everyday by far the most challenging and enjoyable shooter online at the moment. The community is smaller than BF3 (still a few thousand of us still play it regularly and they are all really good).

You can step into any BF3 game and get a load of noobs mixed with one or two really good players, but in MOHW pretty much everyone is really good.

Makes the games tens times more enjoyable than BF3, your fireteam buddy is good and knows how to play and everyone else is the same.

Games are really close and tense and without children acting like spoilt brats calling everyone hackers. Games are hard but fair and very satisfying. Brings me back to the good old MAG days.

There is an issue that makes it look like no one is playing, if you search via server they all show up as empty but this is not the case. If you use quick play you will find tons of full servers with great matches going on.

I have to say, that it was really enjoyable. Fire team is a very cool concept too. I honestly think it got way more shiet, then it deserved. Blops 2 is almost a copy of Blops 1 and its all grand. MOH did a very cool Multiplayer fps and got railroaded.
    Its a shame I deleted it, due to lack of space :(. Really cannot face myself another download... Maybe on may 20th when eircom launches fiber inernet I will redownload!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Great stuff ... :) I'll give it a go this evening again.

Advertisement