Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to moycullen

Options
  • 23-10-2012 6:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

We're moving moycullen in February from the uk and we are wondering how to find a 4 bed house for rent. Daft.ie and dooleys have very little available. Also any tips on kids activities (under 3) would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭crusher000

I would have thought that Daft.ie and Dooleys would be the two best ways of finding a 4 bedroom house to rent. there are notices in the local Supermarkets but these won't be much good to you if your still in England. As for the kids under three there is a very good playground and Loghlins could be O'Loughlins Farm on the Spiddal road is a good place to take them. If the day is wet they have bouncy castles in doors and yu can get a tea or coffee there as well. Galway Advertiser newspaper might be worth looking up for houses also.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Put an accommodation wanted ad in the Advertiser. It's worked for me more than once.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Newtogalway

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Put an accommodation wanted ad in the Advertiser. It's worked for me more than once.

Thanks both responses very helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭raher1

Stay in town,

Sonye wrote: »
    Stay in town,

Can't. Only relative we have in Galway lives in moycullen.

• Advertisement

Should have said Loughwell farm that's what I get for posting in the mornings. Also Post Office another place alot of adverts placed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,126 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Slightly hijacking here so apologies. Im trying to track someone down who used to live in Moycullen (her family probably still do - she may too) - any suggestions how to go about it?

Ring the priest. If your genuine he can advise you if they're still in the Parish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Put a house wanted notice on the noticeboard in the local Supervalu (the supermarket) .

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Put a house wanted notice on the noticeboard in the local Supervalu (the supermarket) .

It sounds like I should visit for a day and put up adverts in some of the local shops/post office ..etc as well as the advertiser. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

There is another crowd in the village that do lettings I think they called corrib real estate . Were you talking to anyone in dooleys ? I think they should have a few houses to let .
    If you do visit the village get the local magazine called " moycullen matters " there is a good list of activities and names and phone numbers of the people organising them . Its a good place to find things to do for kids and adults .
    Welcome to the village :D

moy83 wrote: »
    There is another crowd in the village that do lettings I think they called corrib real estate . Were you talking to anyone in dooleys ? I think they should have a few houses to let .
    If you do visit the village get the local magazine called " moycullen matters " there is a good list of activities and names and phone numbers of the people organising them . Its a good place to find things to do for kids and adults .
    Welcome to the village :D
    Thank you! I will. I talked to Erica and she said something might come up either side of Christmas. We'll see.

Advertisement