Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The root of the problems with Irish football

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Melion wrote: »
    I would imagine the covered stands would help with the rain, jackman park doesn't have that. That was my point

Perhaps you shouldn't have had a covered stand in the photo you posted then , might have made things clearer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

gustavo wrote: »
    Perhaps you shouldn't have had a covered stand in the photo you posted then , might have made things clearer

I trust you've never been in that "stand" then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭yosemite_sam

There are not too many quality Irish players in the EPL, the GAA is the game that is supported. I've seen the fans on the car ferry's many times and good luck to them if that is what they like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I've seen the fans on the car ferry's many times and good luck to them if that is what they like

It's all they know...

Probably spend as much to flight to Germany or Spain and get a better standard of ball tbh.

It's all they know...

Probably spend as much to flight to Germany or Spain and get a better standard of ball tbh.

And would that somehow be better than them going to England?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,591 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'm not even going to dignify this absolute rubbish with a response, Jesus ****ing christ.
    You just did.

CSF wrote: »
    You just did.

Guffaw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,789 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

It's all they know...

You just have to experience a Dortmund home match at least once don't you know.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Comparing people watching football on TV every weekend to people sitting down to watch X Factor just so they have something to talk about at work? What makes the LOI fan more knowledgable than the average joe who watches matches on TV?

What about people like me who go to Limerick games but still watches every single Liverpool match on TV and who tries to get over to Anfield on a semi-regular basis(havent been to Liverpool since this day last year, oddly enough)?

Its got nothing to do with being "more knowledgable".

Its got more to do with actual love of the sport, I know some woeful buffoons who would be stereotypical event junkies, their knowledge of the sport in general at highest level is great.

They are consumers of sport, but not what I would call your stereotypical football fan, not as I understand it.

Its not even a criticism, its just an observation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭yosemite_sam

It's all they know...

I have to agree that the EPL has a poor standard of football and I am English, there were some great players at school but the only kids who got trials were the big ones who could run fast and could not control the ball. Signs are on the national side, filled with donkeys. England like Ireland have no chance of winning a major tournament.

• Advertisement
Advertisement