Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wont update

Options
  • 23-10-2012 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Sorry folks but this is getting the better of me. it went to update the other nite but i stoped it midway by mistake. now all im getting is its tryin to update and i cant get online. any help would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,012 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Are you able to access the dashboard at all? Tried disconnecting the cable/turning off the router?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭fabo1thecross

I can get unto the dash but i cant sign in. i try to sign in and it wont let me without doing this update. i.m getting a code 3f45 0000 3080 0506 8007 274c

• Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Try clearing your cache before you try to sign in or update again.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 360jmb

hold the sync button on console and power on .this will clear any failed updates .then you could try update from usb stick

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Gweedling

If you cancelled the update then there's a partial download of the update on the console, so it gets confused when you try to download it again. To fix it, you need to delete the partial version of the update on the console. Do this!
    go to system settings - storage, then highlight the hard drive, then press LB RB X LB RB X. That'll bring a popup on the screen saying "Delete system update" or somesuch. Confirm that, then your console will restart. When it connects to the internet again it'll prompt you for the update. This time, don't cancel it, it can take up to an hour depending on your internet connection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 bigmoosetaco

Gweedling wrote: »
    If you cancelled the update then there's a partial download of the update on the console, so it gets confused when you try to download it again. To fix it, you need to delete the partial version of the update on the console. Do this!
    go to system settings - storage, then highlight the hard drive, then press LB RB X LB RB X. That'll bring a popup on the screen saying "Delete system update" or somesuch. Confirm that, then your console will restart. When it connects to the internet again it'll prompt you for the update. This time, don't cancel it, it can take up to an hour depending on your internet connection.

This was the single, most helpful post on the subject I've found on the internet, including the suggestions from those silly folks over at Microsoft. I signed up for an account just to thank you. *fistbump*

This was the single, most helpful post on the subject I've found on the internet, including the suggestions from those silly folks over at Microsoft. I signed up for an account just to thank you. *fistbump*

Happy to help! Also, I am one of those silly folks over at microsoft btw, but some of the silly folks I work with just aren't very good at explaining it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Happy to help! Also, I am one of those silly folks over at microsoft btw, but some of the silly folks I work with just aren't very good at explaining it ;)

I'm sure they'll love you saying that.

I'm sure they'll love you saying that.

Loads of the guys here are on boards too, in hindsight it probably wasn't a good idea ;)

Ho hum!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Loads of the guys here are on boards too, in hindsight it probably wasn't a good idea ;)

Ho hum!
    Well since I know who you are now Mr. Smyth I advise everyone to steer clear of your suggestions as they're probably wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Trek1974

Hi all

trying to connect to x box live and keep getting the following message
    3CD6 0000 0080 0300 8002 7751 , tried to goole the message and went onto xbox site and its not found

need help

Advertisement