Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iphone 4S White found - city centre taxi

• 23-10-2012 11:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭

Just to make a change to the usual "Iphone lost / stolen reports", here is the opposite. My sister found an iphone 4 in a taxi last weekend. White ( prob a 4S). Anybody that fits the bill, just hollar. I could bring it to the local Police station, but said I'd post it here first. Also gonna put it up on lost.ie.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

You and your sister are awesome people!

Fair play for posting this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Tallon wrote: »
    You and your sister are awesome people!

Fair play for posting this!

Never was one to try to benefit on someones loss. Never happened to me personally and don't get me started on how some people just don't take enough care of their expensive toys, but someone is missing numbers, pictures and whatever else is stored on the device. And I know I'd be happy if someone got it back to me if the roles were reversed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭steadyeddie08

Just goes to show that is not always the taxi driver who finds phones in the car but passengers who get in after it has been left behind.

These passengers usually get taxi drivers the blame for keeping the phones all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

Is the phone off??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Light Switch

If it's still on, go into 'People' and see if there's a Mam, Dad or Home number?

:)

• Advertisement

Just goes to show that is not always the taxi driver who finds phones in the car but passengers who get in after it has been left behind.

These passengers usually get taxi drivers the blame for keeping the phones all the time.
    That may be the case, but I guarantee i'll find the owner and return it. You wont get safer than that. And I'm sure you will agree, that not all people, be they taxi drivers or otherwise, would be as determined to return this to the original owner.
    ION08 wrote: »
    Is the phone off??
    No, disabled though, so no access to numbers
    If it's still on, go into 'People' and see if there's a Mam, Dad or Home number?

:)
    See above

In addition, I've rang o2, given them the serial number, asked them to initiate contact with the registered owner, and get them to call me directly on my personal number. This may get a result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

Take the sim out and bring it to whichever operator it is and if bill pay they'll have there details.

EDIT: see you went to o2, fairplay.

Update: Owner just called me. Had given up all hope. Meeting her tomorrow morning. Job done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,918 ✭✭✭Soarer

Ye're gonna end up falling in love, getting married, and talking about it on Ray D'Arcy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Fair play OP!

• Advertisement

Soarer wrote: »
    Ye're gonna end up falling in love, getting married, and talking about it on Ray D'Arcy!
    You can tell the wife so.. that ok ;)

@Biko, cheers, & feel free to lock this up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Just wanted to say fair play to ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Nialloo24

If only there were more like you and yer sister. Good on ya lad

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Battleborn

Fair play,there are still some good people in the world you give hope!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

Well Done and Fair play :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Gestures like this restore my faith in mankind. Fair play!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Lucky you didn't meet this guy : )

http://i.imgur.com/lBWNP.jpg

Phone and owner now reunited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

dodzy wrote: »

not married yet ? :confused::p

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭pfurey101

What was she like :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Did she compensate you in any way?? You just saved her 600 euro!! I would have at least gotten you a voucher for two to a restaurant or given you 40 or 50 quid for your honesty!!

pfurey101 wrote: »
    What was she like :D
    Absolutely stunning.
    Rachineire wrote: »
    Did she compensate you in any way?? You just saved her 600 euro!! I would have at least gotten you a voucher for two to a restaurant or given you 40 or 50 quid for your honesty!!
    The owner was very kind....and my sister is now 50 quid better off for being honest. Everyone's happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Absolutely stunning.

The owner was very kind....and my sister is now 50 quid better off for being honest. Everyone's happy :)
    Huzzah she was good and paid Ye!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,935 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Like if you cried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭mar1us

Fair play to you !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 987 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

Your my hero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Thats great. Fair play to you for getting it back to the owner.
    Oh .......

tumblr_m449lmOWTU1qkfyu0o1_500.jpg

:P

Advertisement