Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom phonewatch alarm

Options
  • 23-10-2012 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

Recently my eircom phonewacth alarm has taken to beeping evey 30 seconds or so when its not activated. When I put in the code it will stop for a few hours and then start to beep again.
    When I pressed system status it said system low battery so I replaced the large battery in the main unit but it has made no difference. I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas for the next step to take? Is there some sort of system reset needed after the new battery has gone in?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

chris445 wrote: »
    Recently my eircom phonewacth alarm has taken to beeping evey 30 seconds or so when its not activated. When I put in the code it will stop for a few hours and then start to beep again.
    When I pressed system status it said system low battery so I replaced the large battery in the main unit but it has made no difference. I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas for the next step to take? Is there some sort of system reset needed after the new battery has gone in?

Hi Chris445,

I spoke to phonewatch support and thy advised it would be best to call them directly on - Customer Support: 1850 211 765 to run some checks on the system.

Thanks, Mark

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The lads over here will help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭chris445

Hi Chris445,

I spoke to phonewatch support and thy advised it would be best to call them directly on - Customer Support: 1850 211 765 to run some checks on the system.

Thanks, Mark

Rang phonewatch today and was told I was either given a dud battery by the supplier or the wrong battery. However the supplier I used took the original battery for recycling and I now have no way to check if I was given the right one. At the time I rang it was only to the monitoring station so was told to ring back after 9 to find out the details of the battery that's needed. When I rand back at 10 I was told that they wouldn't give me the details of what battery I need for health and safety reasons. Surely it's a health and safety risk not to give me the right details.

I'm going to go get a new battery in case it was just a dud but if the problem persists what would you recommend I do. The customer support line doesn't seem to want to help in any way unless I'm booking a technician to come out and spend €100 to replace a €9.50 battery.

Rang phonewatch today and was told I was either given a dud battery by the supplier or the wrong battery. However the supplier I used took the original battery for recycling and I now have no way to check if I was given the right one. At the time I rang it was only to the monitoring station so was told to ring back after 9 to find out the details of the battery that's needed. When I rand back at 10 I was told that they wouldn't give me the details of what battery I need for health and safety reasons. Surely it's a health and safety risk not to give me the right details.

I'm going to go get a new battery in case it was just a dud but if the problem persists what would you recommend I do. The customer support line doesn't seem to want to help in any way unless I'm booking a technician to come out and spend €100 to replace a €9.50 battery.

Hi chris445

I appreciate your point, however as far as I have been if the phone watch is tampered with by the customer it may affect the service, and in turn warranty of the service.

Which is why we advise that engineer has to be sent for technical issues regarding the Phone system itself.

Thanks, Mark

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Bring the battery with you and ask them to check it on a meter for you.
    If you are getting someone out shop around. Any licenced company can look after this for you. Most call outs would be less than €100 as well.

• Advertisement

Hi chris445

I appreciate your point, however as far as I have been if the phone watch is tampered with by the customer it may affect the service, and in turn warranty of the service.

Which is why we advise that engineer has to be sent for technical issues regarding the Phone system itself.

Thanks, Mark

The warranty of the service is out already which is why im replacing the battery myself. However I was told it was a health and safety issue. I agree its a health and safety issue but i think the issue is in not giving out the correct information needed on the system. As Eircom are the suppliers of the system they should be able to tell me if i have the correct components or not. If this battery was to catch fire and I'm asked why I used the wrong one the only answer i can come up with is I gtried to find out what the right battery was but the company that supplies thye alarm refused to give me the information.As it is I will be e-mailing the health and safety authority to see whether they think its a problem to give a custmer information regarding their product or if in fact the problem lies in witholding this information.

I will also be writing to the consumer section in 2 national newspapers to see what advice they give me in order to get the information i need.

We have no problem in giving people information on what parts they need. We world, however stress , they may be voiding the standard the alarm may be certified to if they do it themselves.

So why are eircom refusing to tell me what battery i need what battery I need? I was told that it was information that couldn't be given out for "health and safety reasons." Its pretty clear to me the health and safety issue is not to tell me what battery i need.

So why are eircom refusing to tell me what battery i need what battery I need? I was told that it was information that couldn't be given out for "health and safety reasons." Its pretty clear to me the health and safety issue is not to tell me what battery i need.

Hi Chris,

I am afraid as we do not support the phonewatch service directly. We have to defer & hold to the information / process' that phone watch support advised you.

As such we can not provide you with the information you are looking for I'm afraid.

Mark

Advertisement