Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone's gas being turned off around Doughiska?

Options
  • 23-10-2012 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

About a week ago, my tenant got in touch to say that his gas wasn't working. I had the system checked and serviced. Turns out it was working fine. Someone had switched the gas off at source, just outside the house.

However, this has happened three more times since and is becoming a right nuisance.

I'm wondering has anyone else in the area experienced this issue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Did you ring Bord Gas? Maybe they are servicing something in the house?
    Who switched the gas on again?
    Is the switch locked in?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 karaokenomore

Aye, rang Bord Gais and they had nothing to report - they've not needed to do any work in the area again.
    First time around, the person who serviced it turned it one. Subsequent times, the tenant.
    Locked in - but anyone can open those boxes with one of those gas keys, alas.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Perhaps knock on the neighbours doors and see?
    It could be kids thinking it's hilarious to turn off the gas for someone but I wouldn't think that's likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 karaokenomore

No problems with the houses next door, it seems. Hoping it's just kids.
    If anyone else has this problem, lemme know.
    Cheers for your tips Biko.

Advertisement