Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DONEGAL’S FAMOUS WEATHERMAN PREDICTS SNOW BEFORE CHRISTMAS!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

If the tits don't tell you you can squeeze it out of them.:D

Thats not the kind of white stuff we want squeezed out of the tits though. :eek:

Oh you mean the birds?? Is squeezing the tits like choking the chicken??:eek:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Calibos wrote: »
    Is squeezing the tits like choking the chicken??:eek:

NO! It's like spanking the monkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭Joe Public

You could argue that Meteorology is limited by the study of Earth's atmosphere, temperature, air pressure and water vapor whereas there are many other contributors out there that can influence weather. The Donegal postman is exploring the ways of nature and how weather was forecast before science got promoted. There are many religions in the world but it's very difficult to argue for one or the other when you are blinkered and biased towards the one you are more familiar with, if at all.

All I am saying is give Michael a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

i hope he is gonna post plenty of snow down south :D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fr wishy washy

Where have all the little birds gone to? Not one feeding from the bird table this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

Where have all the little birds gone to? Not one feeding from the bird table this week.

Looking out my window here and the birds are feeding well at my feeders.
    Bloody crows are pests at scaring off the small birds.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭B1gft

We have an average of 8 small birds eating on our feeder, all day. We have the fat balls away from the main feeder for the starlings, as the bigger birds frighten the smaller birds away.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

should have a pellet gun to blow the ****e out of the crows !! there rats with wings .. drive ya mad taking all the food on the small birds ..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Surely he is giving a national forecast? They hardly bring him on National radio to give the Donegal forecast :)
    Did he predict they'd win the football as well??

Nope, but Old Moore's Almanac did :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

NIALL D wrote: »
    should have a pellet gun to blow the ****e out of the crows !! there rats with wings .. drive ya mad taking all the food on the small birds ..

Seeing as so many are OT here.... crows are highly intelligent. Ok, even the Dalai Lama says he'd like to use rock-salt on starlings for affecting his garden crops; but more observation and compassion for wild animals (alá Michael Gallagher) would go a long way to a better world.

http://www.ted.com/talks/joshua_klein_on_the_intelligence_of_crows.html

Many farmers I know would not kill crows. They have observed their intelligence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Just posting a friendly reminder in all winter-related threads that the

Third Annual Winter Forecast Contest

is open for entries but late penalties will apply starting Sunday 2nd December.

This is available in a separate thread on the weather forum. Thanks.

Note also that the Monthly forecast contest for December is open, with the same deadline, and for 2013 we have added a third form of competition to our existing annual contests, namely seasonal contests which will run from Dec 2012 to Nov 2013 in the four traditional seasons, and this will also produce an annual champion. See the thread for details (which are posted today rather than in the original post).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TURRICAN

Will this man be right this time again?

Possible severe wintry weather on the way from the east.
    He must be related to Dr Doolittle or somebody. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Jaffusmaximus

TURRICAN wrote: »
    Will this man be right this time again?

Possible severe wintry weather on the way from the east.
    He must be related to Dr Doolittle or somebody. :)

The way things are going putting all your chips down every two years these recent years will pay off for an exceptionally cold winter but saying that I would never write off any method till its been completely disproven and no one can argue with Mother Nature herself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TURRICAN

The way things are going putting all your chips down every two years these recent years will pay off for an exceptionally cold winter but saying that I would never write off any method till its been completely disproven and no one can argue with Mother Nature herself!

Ha I know yes, we will just have to wait and see.

Michael G for President if this comes off:)

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fr wishy washy

Donegal’s famous amateur weatherman has predicted the county is set to shiver from a series of cold snaps this winter.

Postman-Michael-Gallagher.jpg

Postman Michael Gallagher has said he is “99% sure” the country will suffer heavy falls of snow – before Christmas.

Mr Gallagher, who makes his predictions by studying plants and animals, has written a best-selling book ‘Traditional Weather Signs”.

In his first prediction this year, the postman says the country will shiver in the coming weeks.

“I have never seen as many berries on the trees in the mountains and the birds are singing very loudly in recent days.

“I have never seen as clear a day as I saw this week and that is not a good omen.

“The abundance of berries is a sure sign that temperatures are going to plunge in the winter. We’re in for a cold one. And I’m 99% sure we’ll have plenty of snow,” he said.

Letterkennys-Polestar-in-the-snow-300x225.jpg

Mr Gallagher famously forced bookmaker Paddy Power to pay out more than €70,000 when he correctly predicted a white Christmas three years ago.

However the forecaster from Glenfin says it is too early to say whether we are in for a white festive season.

“I don’t think it will be as tough as a couple of years ago but it will get cold very soon.

“I can’ say just yet if we will have a white Christmas but we’ll almost certainly have plenty of snow before Christmas.

http://www.donegaldaily.com/2012/10/23/donegals-famous-weatherman-predicts-snow-before-christmas/

The last sentence still gives me hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Conor30

Maybe he's just wrong? No snow is on the horizon this side of Xmas, as things stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Conor30 wrote: »
    Maybe he's just wrong? No snow is on the horizon this side of Xmas, as things stand.

And your right? the models are all over the place and cant get past 92 hours right never mind 2 weeks down the line anything could happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

So he's 99%sure of heavy snow falls before Xmas.
    Hope he's not a betting man

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Fluffycloud

:confused::confused::confused:Waiting impatiently.......

• Advertisement

Send him a letter, the address "Postman Donegal" will get him fine.
    If you are really desperate send one to Santa as well:)

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭amdgilmore

Just over a week to go

*sharpens pitchfork*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

I think he meant Christmas next year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

In terms of weather, Christmas is a long way off.

Don't hang him just yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Jaffusmaximus

Nabber wrote: »
    In terms of weather, Christmas is a long way off.

Don't hang him just yet.

Without being disrespectful to him it will come down to pure luck at this stage rather then an on the bullseye prediction. It would be a fluke using his methods to get snow on xmas day :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Joe Public wrote: »
    Send him a letter, the address "Postman Donegal" will get him fine.

It already too late, I hear Donegal is under 6 foot of snow! :p

Another spoofer who takes plaudits he doesn't deserve for guessing right once in a blue moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Without being disrespectful to him it will come down to pure luck at this stage rather then an on the bullseye prediction. It would be a fluke using his methods to get snow on xmas day rolleyes.png

But that could be said for any prediction ;) If it snows on Christmas, regardless of whether it was a fluke or not, his prediction will have come true.
    mike65 wrote: »
    Another spoofer who takes plaudits he doesn't deserve for guessing right once in a blue moon.

I don't think he is a once of prediction. I haven't followed his forecast much. But from what I have read on this thread. He is not a 'once in a blue moon' forecaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Nabber wrote: »
    I don't think he is a once of prediction. I haven't followed his forecast much. But from what I have read on this thread. He is not a 'once in a blue moon' forecaster.

Very true, he would be less accurate than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Guys seriously there's very little chance of snow before Christmas now....hopefully between Christmas and New Years - who knows? As the clock strikes 12 on New Years Eve snowflakes start to fall...:) that would be magic!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

leahyl wrote: »
    ....hopefully between Christmas and New Years - who knows? As the clock strikes 12 on New Years Eve snowflakes start to fall...:) that would be magic!

Happened here a couple of years ago - starting snowing around 9pm on New Years Eve - a couple of inches on the ground by midnight - magical alright....if you were not in the city centre trying to get a taxi home!!! :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement