Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DONEGAL’S FAMOUS WEATHERMAN PREDICTS SNOW BEFORE CHRISTMAS!

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Joe Public wrote: »
    That's a bit harsh and personal, nobody has a high success rate on long range forecasting. He uses traditional methods that were commonplace before science stepped in. It's not as if he is making stuff up and until someone can discover how to do long range forecasts or foretell the future then all bets are on.

I have nothing against forecasters getting it wrong but he stated 99% chance of plenty of snow before Xmas so in other words there was a 1 in a 100 chance of us not getting snow

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Only 3 hours to go now.....will it?.....won't it? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Oh the weather outside is...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Thats it so. Michael Gallagher is history. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

/Thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Don't blame Michael, blame those slimy lying little amphibian barstewards. Also I knew never to trust those thieving Magpies but I'll never trust a crow or a tit again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Thats it so. Michael Gallagher is history. :)

A legend:)

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭amdgilmore

On my way to his house now to demand an apology.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,647 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

If me or you guessed we would be right sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

talkabout wrote: »
    Pangea wrote: »
    Doubt it, His track record is impressive.

To be honest its average at best, taking a punt and saying it will snow before Xmas is not much of a prediction. I'll state that it will snow next years in Donegal before Xmas. I reckon i have a 75/25% chance of being right. I'm not knocking the guy but i think he is a novelty and the media make the most of this and people only remember the bits of his forecast that he gets right.

Untrue. I bet on occasion on winter weather so I pay close attention to when Michael gallagher or exactaweather are right or wrong. I am quite sure anyone who takes such forecasts onboard earnestly (outdoors, farmers etc) are just as aware of where the forecasts are wrong as where they are right. I take the point about the media running with novelties, but I think accusations of selective memory are disparaging and are just as easily levelled at those not keen on such long-range forecasters' non-empirical (non-conventional at least) approaches.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Mods, should this thread not be "Expired" now to focus on the weather to come rather than deal with the past!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement