Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some things you've done in fits of rage

• 23-10-2012 11:40am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,613 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I can get a bit short tempered now and again, usually at small things that are not going as planned like; my phone freezing up right when I need it, when I'm going in circles on an automated customer service call or some kitchen appliance annoys me.
    When this happens I usually hit something with something else, not my own fist. Usually in a controlled enough manner and nothing breaks but I was talking to a friend of mine who recently put his hand through his laptop screen out of rage. Pretty extreme. Lucky for him he has a bit of cash from a recent job and I helped him transfer the stuff off the old one but still, pretty extreme right?

Any stories of destroying something in a fit of rage and regretting it after?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Nearly breaking my toe off the barrier round the 5-a-side pitch!

Taking a piece out of the plastering of the wall by throwing a spoon at it when my horse fell at the last!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Smashed numerous PS3 controllers in fits of rage from CoD and Fifa. Also had just gotten an iPhone 3G at the time, had it about 2 or 3 days and was out one night. Heading home in the taxi and have a fight with my ex on the phone and in my drunken rage filled state a fired the phone as hard as I could out the taxi window. Had to wait a month to make and insurance claim too.

Also not really in a fit of rage but when I got a new laptop last year I took great pleasure in taking a hammer to the slow piece of dung it replaced!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

iamstop wrote: »
    I can get a bit short tempered now and again, usually at small things that are not going as planned like; my phone freezing up right when I need it, when I'm going in circles on an automated customer service call or some kitchen appliance annoys me.
    When this happens I usually hit something with something else, not my own fist. Usually in a controlled enough manner and nothing breaks but I was talking to a friend of mine who recently put his hand through his laptop screen out of rage. Pretty extreme. Lucky for him he has a bit of cash from a recent job and I helped him transfer the stuff off the old one but still, pretty extreme right?

Any stories of destroying something in a fit of rage and regretting it after?

Sounds like symptoms of the rage virus, it's the beginning of the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

I punched a photo frame and had to get glass removed from my hand.

That's about all I've done. Not an angry person at all, kind of shocked me. Still have the photo frame as a reminder

• Advertisement

mauzo wrote: »
    I punched a photo frame and had to get glass removed from my hand.

That's about all I've done. Not an angry person at all, kind of shocked me. Still have the photo frame as a reminder

FFS I only got that picture of me framed for you the other day :(

:pac:

kfallon wrote: »

FFS I only got that picture of me framed for you the other day :(

:pac:

Your fat head was annoying me :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭GaryIrv93

Playing a Call of Duty match a few years ago that was going very badly, I snapped after being killed several times in a row without any kills myself and elbowed a considerable hole in my bedroom wall in frustration. Haven't fixed it since! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

punched a hole in the wall.

no biggie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Storm into a room and tell the dog/cat to shut up for absolutely no reason :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

fist through monitor twice :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

My monocle popped out once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,543 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I was driving my beloved chopper over a busy highway bridge when some guy throw what I think was a burrito out his front window, which hit me in the face and knocked me off my bike, scraping it up into ****e. Anyway, after a brief exchanges of words with him, I kicked his pet dog over the side of the bridge into the river below.

No biggie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Was on holidays in Greece with my gf a few years ago and had a drunken argument. The hotel room had one of those built-in hair dryers attached to the wall and I punched it.
    It exploded into about a million pieces and I spent the next day trying to put it back together with glue. We had a good laugh about it but the reception wasn't too happy. They had our passports and were refusing to give them back to us unless I paid for it.
    I tried to say it was like that when we got there but they were having none of it.
    I had to steal back our passports when they weren't looking and we had to sneak out of the hotel on the last day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I was driving my beloved chopper over a busy highway bridge when some guy throw what I think was a burrito out his front window, which hit me in the face and knocked me off my bike, scraping it up into ****e. Anyway, after a brief exchanges of words with him, I kicked his pet dog over the side of the bridge into the river below.

No biggie.

I'm in a glass case of emotion!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Gave my laptop screen a dig before cause it wasn't behaving. It didn't like that.

The days before the calm pills....

Your fat head was annoying me :P

Everyone always says that about me :(

Once pissed on someone's toothbrush too :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

Duff wrote: »
    Smashed numerous PS3 controllers in fits of rage from CoD and Fifa. Also had just gotten an iPhone 3G at the time, had it about 2 or 3 days and was out one night. Heading home in the taxi and have a fight with my ex on the phone and in my drunken rage filled state a fired the phone as hard as I could out the taxi window. Had to wait a month to make and insurance claim too.

Also not really in a fit of rage but when I got a new laptop last year I took great pleasure in taking a hammer to the slow piece of dung it replaced!

throwing my ps3 controller around due to Fifa is something I can relate to!

milled an orange at my brother out of anger but smacked my innocent neighbour square in the face....she hates me to this day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Kicked my fireplace in and smashed my friends phone off the ground. Bad times.

Everyone always says that about me :(

Once pissed on someone's toothbrush too :o

You absolute knack. Why?? Ugh I'd kill anyone who did that to me!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

jester77 wrote: »
    Sounds like symptoms of the rage virus, it's the beginning of the end
    And the end of the end comes 28 days later?

You absolute knack. Why?? Ugh I'd kill anyone who did that to me!!

Kept me awake half the night with his mates when I had to get up for work the next day. Up at 8, on with the TV, volume up, piss on the brush, off to work.

It was either that or else go into his room and throw a few digs....he got off lightly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Duff wrote: »

This will put it in perspective.....

Kept me awake half the night with his mates when I had to get up for work the next day. Up at 8, on with the TV, volume up, piss on the brush, off to work.

It was either that or else go into his room and throw a few digs....he got off lightly!

Hardly deserved getting his toothbrush pissed on!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I do a lot of the deleting all contact details thing when I'm annoyed with someone (usually a man). Phone no, texts, email address, photos etc. It's really really childish and I have regretted it a good few times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Working in a very busy kitchen a few years ago and I was having a terrible day. Things finally came to a head after a few hours, I was chopping something and whacked my chopping knife off the board. It broke in two places, had bought it only a couple of weeks before that and spent e149 on it. Still sickened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Unfortunately I have a really short temper and tend to throw whatever is my hand. Things I have broken in the past include phones, a new ds lite, laptops and internet tablets:(.
    The worst was on holidays with my bf and I was using my laptop for directions, I sent him the wrong way and he shouted st me, I got really annoyed and threw the laptop at the windscreen. The laptop was fine but the windscreen went to glass heaven. That was a very expensive fit of rage, and also cost us a day of our holidays as we had to wait to get it fixed.
    I tend to try count to 10 first now before I do something stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭splendid101

I smashed a phone to pieces after a fight with my girlfriend (on the phone). Went so far as to pick the phone back up and smash it up further.

I've also repeatedly punched an oven tray and broke a bin.

Another time I picked up a chair in a hotel room and was about to smash it to smithereens off the table but thankfully saw sense.

I don't lose my temper often, but when I do, I lose it pretty bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

No.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭-( i )- Wicker

You all have serious issues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Punched a few holes in doors

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

I haven't done this yet, but came close a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

was in a fight last week with an arab french dude who spat in my face for asking him a question in english.The red mist immediatly descended and i hit him in the face. he head butted me repeatedly so i hit him agin and he fell, then I kicked him in the face twice. Feel like a complete scumbag but he bounced right back up after it and backed away from the situation. Dude must have been made of steel to take the kicks he did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭steve_r

I was coming back from holidays and I had arranged to meet my mother and aunt in the lobby of a hotel. I got there broke, hungry and tired.

Waited for maybe 20 minutes before ringing them, they were having lunch on the other side of Dublin so I was going to have to wait for at least 1.5 hours.

I storm out of the hotel, and slam the glass door behind me.............turning back to see a massive crack appear the whole way up the entire front door.

Safe to say my rage subsided fairly quickly!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭spoofilyj

Wow some of you guys have pretty serious problems with anger, I think I'm a fairley calm person with a long fuse except when I'm in the Car or on the bike sometimes and I'm not happy with the carry on of other road users but even then I dont resort to violence, I just tend to mutter to myself in annoyance.

I find that if I get out for a run or a cycle once a day then the frustration of other areas of my life are left out and I don't need to get all psycho at inanimate objects that will cost me money to replace when the rage recedes...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

There was this time last year where I had a terrible day. My girlfriend of 2 years told me she was breaking up with me to go off with my best friend. I then had to go to work and annoyingly I left my bag on the bus which had the keys to open the shop in. I got to work and explained I'd left the keys on the bus and the manager had a massive go at me and sacked me there and then.

On my way back in the pouring rain to bus stop. I was wet through and I took refuge in the post office. It was there in that post office I did the most unforgivable thing.

I preceded to blank a friend of a friend who passed me and nodded at me.

trolololololol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

This burrito is delicious, but it is filling. Whoa ! Antony and Cleopatra !
    What the hell, bro' ?
    Hello, neighbour.
    Did you just throw a burrito out your window ?
    I believe I did.

Are you high or something ? Did you see what happened ?
    I did. That was a terrific spill. That's quite a raspberry.
    That's my chopper you just thrashed, Broseph.

Easy, compadre. I'm your friend out here, all right ?
    I want you to fix my chopper before I stomp your goofy ass !

If you want to throw down, fine. I've got Jack Johnson and Tom O'Leary waiting for you.
    You destroyed the only thing I love. All right ? There it is.
    What do you love ?
    I love poetry.
    And a glass of Scotch.
    And, of course, my friend Baxter here.

Well, guess what. Now this is happenin'.
    Excuse me. Excuse me. What are you doing ?

That's how I roll.

Baxter !!!! NNooooooooo ... !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭DeltaWhite

Threw a 5kg dumbell at my wall when my neighbour's son had yet another one of his all night, mental, drug fuelled parties.. Every weekend for 3 days straight he did it.. I only wish the wall was his face ;) The wall is still wrecked!

smurgen wrote: »
    was in a fight last week with an arab french dude who spat in my face for asking him a question in english.The red mist immediatly descended and i hit him in the face. he head butted me repeatedly so i hit him agin and he fell, then I kicked him in the face twice. Feel like a complete scumbag but he bounced right back up after it and backed away from the situation. Dude must have been made of steel to take the kicks he did.

maybe instead of those back n chest exercises you should focus on the legs! No getting up off the ground after a proper bog toe to the body(never the head...lowest of the low)

DyldeBrill wrote: »
    throwing my ps3 controller around due to Fifa is something I can relate to!

Throwing controllers is a habit broken quite quickly when one has an Xbox 360 when one sees the carnage they can create.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Punched through a glass door, hand has alot of scars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Punching pillows/walls etc is usually as far as I go tbh, Ive never broke anything in a fit of rage as far as i remember unless maybe a plate after a row or ripping up a parcel pack into tiny bits etc, Ive been tempted to but then think why would I want to break something of mine over someone/something stupid! Sounds excessively rational I know, Believe me it takes a while to get to thinking like that! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

i dont lose it that often- well in regards to breaking things but got stuck in a lift once on my way to work. i was dying of a hangover, battery in phone was nearing empty and i was already in the bad books at work for being late the week before.....and i was due to open this morning. I was stuck in there for three hours. shop never got opened. they customers and other staff would not let it go- ended up breaking the mouse and heater in shop. least they shut up for a while. i was called into the office though.... needless to say they didnt believe me about the lift!

But Rage leads to hatred. Hatred leads to the dark side.

I have learned to control and challange my anger issues :)

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭shrewd

i only get really angry when i make a costly mistake.

i usually just kick the wall that time and scream. the screaming helps for some reason.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Knew a guy who used to get so frustrated playing games that he would gnaw on his controllers in fit of rage.

Was funny as hell seeing him go pink in the head and start chomping on his controller, was like seeing him revert back to an ape for a few seconds. He would bite the hell out of them and had the 2 controllers destroyed in teeth marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

I have broken many playstation controllers with fifa and COD

Broke a couple of phones, PSP, PS1, Xbox 360, laptop, TV all in frustration

Throwing controllers is a habit broken quite quickly when one has an Xbox 360 when one sees the carnage they can create.

They do have that extra bit of weight resulting in extra damage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Last night I was eating a chicken curry and EVERY SINGLE ****ING FORKFUL had peas in it! :mad: Lost it big time and threw the plate into the sink. Fortunately it didn't shatter but I was extremely pissed off. Why must everything I like be tainted with bloody peas?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,370 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Asked for a burger with no mayo in the chipper one night.

Got outside, had mayo on it. Threw it at their window and ran.

Was young and drunk...I like mayo now!

• Advertisement
Advertisement