Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some things you've done in fits of rage

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

With all these broken electronics I'm starting to wonder if they design in rage causing factors in order to sell more.

I mean we've all heard of built in obsolescence but built in rage-solescence? You think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

About 7 years ago, my marriage was rapidly going downhill. I have a short fuse and a bad temper anyway, but I was drinking heavily too. One evening I came home and the ex started on at me (as she did most days) and I just flipped!! The side gate was kicked down, the living room door was ripped off the hinges, I punched through God knows how many walls in the house, I kicked through other doors, presses pulled off walls etc. After about half an hour of a rampage, I just collapsed, exhausted and bleeding. The house was wrecked. It's nothing to be proud of and I had the sense to give up the drinking and my wife and I broke up.

Thankfully nothing even close to that has happened since, although I throw the head now and again, I'm able to calm myself down before I go into a rage again.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭sparksfly

Confronted travelers with my shotgun when they drove around the back of my house. They thought no one was home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭DeltaWhite

McChubbin wrote: »
    Last night I was eating a chicken curry and EVERY SINGLE ****ING FORKFUL had peas in it! :mad: Lost it big time and threw the plate into the sink. Fortunately it didn't shatter but I was extremely pissed off. Why must everything I like be tainted with bloody peas?!

I HATE peas in curry! Totally agree dude!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

But Rage leads to hatred. Hatred leads to the dark side.

In the dark side's defence, they make an excellent cookie.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

McChubbin wrote: »
    Last night I was eating a chicken curry and EVERY SINGLE ****ING FORKFUL had peas in it! :mad: Lost it big time and threw the plate into the sink. Fortunately it didn't shatter but I was extremely pissed off. Why must everything I like be tainted with bloody peas?!

And the worst thing is that you made that curry yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

steve_r wrote: »
    I was coming back from holidays and I had arranged to meet my mother and aunt in the lobby of a hotel. I got there broke, hungry and tired.

Waited for maybe 20 minutes before ringing them, they were having lunch on the other side of Dublin so I was going to have to wait for at least 1.5 hours.

I storm out of the hotel, and slam the glass door behind me.............turning back to see a massive crack appear the whole way up the entire front door.

Safe to say my rage subsided fairly quickly!!

Fight turned into flight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Furious_George

I have closed numerous boards accounts in fits of rage and hatred. I always come crawling back though.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Whe I was a teenager I kicked a hole in my brother's bedroom door in a fit of rage. He covers it with a poster now :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

About 7 years ago, my marriage was rapidly going downhill. I have a short fuse and a bad temper anyway, but I was drinking heavily too. One evening I came home and the ex started on at me (as she did most days) and I just flipped!! The side gate was kicked down, the living room door was ripped off the hinges, I punched through God knows how many walls in the house, I kicked through other doors, presses pulled off walls etc. After about half an hour of a rampage, I just collapsed, exhausted and bleeding. The house was wrecked. It's nothing to be proud of and I had the sense to give up the drinking and my wife and I broke up.

Thankfully nothing even close to that has happened since, although I throw the head now and again, I'm able to calm myself down before I go into a rage again.

Fantastic user name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

And the worst thing is that you made that curry yourself.
    Nope. Supervalu own brand. That's the last time I let my mother take time off her curry making duties. Chickpeas, yes. Reguglar auld green/marrowfat peas, eh, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

I used to get a bit worked up about stuff, wife has knocked the corners off me in the past few years.

However, there was one incident that we still laugh about today.

My dad was dying in hospital. Took well over a month between us realising there was no hope and him passing away. I was standing at a bus stop waiting to go in to him.

Lo and behold, a car goes by me, packed with what looked like those door-to-door salespeople who peddle digital TV/power/that kind of thing. One d**khead decides to stick his water bottle out the window and spray me.

Normal people just swear, or dry themselves off and forget it. I ran after the car.

The thing is, this road is permanently backed up with traffic at a certain time, so I caught up with them. I'll never forget the look of 'oh f*** why did you do that this f***ing lunatic is coming after us we're going to get the window smashed and why won't this bloody window wind up quicker?' on the face of one girl in the posse.

I seriously considered keying the car like a scumbag, and had worse in mind when I'd started running. Instead, I just put my head to the window so I could be heard and said 'My father's dying, and you're a c**t.'

A person I presume was their supervisor got out of the following car, and asked what happened. By then, I'd sufficiently calmed down that I didn't find out who they worked for and look to get the people fired. But yeah, running after a moving car with serious violence as my first thought is probably the most mental thing I've ever done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭DeltaWhite

geeky wrote: »
    I used to get a bit worked up about stuff, wife has knocked the corners off me in the past few years.

However, there was one incident that we still laugh about today.

My dad was dying in hospital. Took well over a month between us realising there was no hope and him passing away. I was standing at a bus stop waiting to go in to him.

Lo and behold, a car goes by me, packed with what looked like those door-to-door salespeople who peddle digital TV/power/that kind of thing. One d**khead decides to stick his water bottle out the window and spray me.

Normal people just swear, or dry themselves off and forget it. I ran after the car.

The thing is, this road is permanently backed up with traffic at a certain time, so I caught up with them. I'll never forget the look of 'oh f*** why did you do that this f***ing lunatic is coming after us we're going to get the window smashed and why won't this bloody window wind up quicker?' on the face of one girl in the posse.

I seriously considered keying the car like a scumbag, and had worse in mind when I'd started running. Instead, I just put my head to the window so I could be heard and said 'My father's dying, and you're a c**t.'

A person I presume was their supervisor got out of the following car, and asked what happened. By then, I'd sufficiently calmed down that I didn't find out who they worked for and look to get the people fired. But yeah, running after a moving car with serious violence as my first thought is probably the most mental thing I've ever done.

Well you did a good thing there :) you taught those people not to be such a$$holes to strangers in future. Lets hope they keep it up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I shot the sherriff....

But then I calmed down so did not shoot the deputy.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Skyflyer1234

Did a few things...

Had a really bad fight with the missus one day...she walked out screaming at me i got so mad i took a glass and smashed it against the wall just above the door....ended up picking glass up for like 2 weeks and one the pieces nearly hit my head ( yes yes glass really does go everywhere )

Than the typical Fifa Rage when missing a shot or losing high...never broke a controller just smacked a few off the bed and walls...

On nights out i lose the temper quiet easy but instead of punchin them i just took the pride and hit the wall or something instead of getting into an awful fight..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭shrewd

I shot the sherriff....

But then I calmed down so did not shoot the deputy.

is that you Bob? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

Than the typical Fifa Rage when missing a shot or losing high...never broke a controller just smacked a few off the bed and walls...

Kinda random, but I really don't see the big deal about Fifa.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 mopey

Smashed up an xbox pad wrecked it (bf3 op metro max ticket crash)
    Killed a psp during an argument. Was okay though :)
    Tried to punch my lap top through my monitor literally through it.
    Bit through a glass, also crushed/broke one in my hand,
    thats all i can think of

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Broke my hand punching a goal post when playing goalkeeper. I made a beautiful long and elegant dive to my left, and focused on the post rather than the ball, which dribbled past, underneath me. I looked a complete spanner, sailing gracefully over the ball and not looking at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Rigol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Oh dear, I have been known to loose the aul head a bit quick in the past. Luckily I've calmed down a lot in recent times. Here's a few I can think of being the worst...

* Damaged ligaments in my ankle kicking a table after breaking my laptop.
    * Headbutted an opponent trying to shake my hand after a football game.
    * Smashed the sitting room door while being dragged off a mate in a drinking fit of rage.
    * Threw a skangers CD player/boombox yoke into the sea

I'm just gonna stop there actually..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭deisebibo

[QUOTE* Threw a skangers CD player/boombox yoke into the sea

I'm just gonna stop there actually..[/QUOTE]

Couldn't help LMAO at that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I shot a man in Reno. Just to watch him die. . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

73Cat wrote: »
    That sounds cold blooded rather than a fit of rage though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Fist into double glazed window (only broke one pane).

Smashed XBOX controller playing Batman Arkham Asylum, (for those familiar with the game, doing a challenge room, can't take a single hit, last guy hit me).

Got Christmas lights in Woodies, got home, they were so badly tangled, I tried calmly for an hour to untangle them, but it was no good, so i stamped on them (a few times).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

smurgen wrote: »
    was in a fight last week with an arab french dude who spat in my face for asking him a question in english.The red mist immediatly descended and i hit him in the face. he head butted me repeatedly so i hit him agin and he fell, then I kicked him in the face twice. Feel like a complete scumbag but he bounced right back up after it and backed away from the situation. Dude must have been made of steel to take the kicks he did.

Are you face kicker?

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭splendid101

Irishcrx wrote: »
    Oh dear, I have been known to loose the aul head a bit quick in the past. Luckily I've calmed down a lot in recent times. Here's a few I can think of being the worst...

* Damaged ligaments in my ankle kicking a table after breaking my laptop.
    * Headbutted an opponent trying to shake my hand after a football game.
    * Smashed the sitting room door while being dragged off a mate in a drinking fit of rage.
    * Threw a skangers CD player/boombox yoke into the sea

I'm just gonna stop there actually..

You sound like a bit of a hot head. The headbutt thing is terrible.

Tell us more of the skanger's CD player story though.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭burgermasters

fist through walls broke phones smashed up bed rooms threw a 3 seater sofa across the sitting room to name a couple of things,,, i have a bad temper i cant control when i go into a rage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

There was a mobile phone, which slipped out of my hand and crushed against the wall :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

73Cat wrote: »

I see what you did there, that was really clever...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I had a really crappy LG Cookie with the most unresponsive screen ever, one day in a fit of rage I bent it and broke the screen, was glad I did that.

I broke a Playstation controller and then shortly afterwards the acutal playstation itself.

When I was younger my father would always make me cut the grass with this totally about 15 years old massive heap of junk lawnmower which would never start easily. One day I switched it off and spent ages again trying to start it and caught my fingers in the pull cord. I went absolutely mental ran in to the shed and brought out a pick axe and drove the pick straight into through the soft aluminum block and held hitting it until I broke handle in the pick axe, I then set fire to its now leaking petrol tank and burn the petrol tank and plasticy bits. When my father saw i he went mental bur he got over it and it forced him into buying a new lawnmower. The burnt out shell of the lawnmower stayed in the garage for a few years and then when anything would go wrong I would go out there and break it futher with a sledge. I haven't cut the grass at home in around 10 years since that day.

My mother is a total paranoid person and is constantly locking the door of the house despite living in the most boring and safe place in probably the entire country. I remember I went out one evening over to the neighbours for literally five minutes and rushed back and it lashing rain, as typical my mother had the door locked, I was so enraged I picked up a stone and broke the glass on the door, turned the key and let myself in. Had no pity for her as she is such a paranoid git, When my father came home and saw it he said good enough for you, how many times have you locked me out too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Hung up the phone after an arguement(I may have been driving..), punched the windscreen in temper and managed to smash the windscreen, which caved in on top of me. Wasn't angry any more. Was very cold. Havn't done that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Threw a knife at my brother but it got my mother on the head.
    Another brother got me riled and I threw a rather large metal toy at him and I ran when I saw blood coming out of the back of his head.
    Broke countless items when I was younger. I've calmed down now though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Birneybau wrote: »
    Asked for a burger with no mayo in the chipper one night.

Got outside, had mayo on it. Threw it at their window and ran.

Was young and drunk...I like mayo now!

lovely county

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Just remembered an incident from my youth.
    Back when I was around 9 or 10, there was a lad on my road who was constantly calling me names, shoving me and generally being a pain in the arse. One day, he snuck up behind me and stole my bag off my back as I was coming home from school. I lost it then. I chased him down the road and tripped him up, knocking him to the ground. Ended up rolling around wrestling on the ground. He was pinning me down at one point with a gang of his mates jeering until an adult came outside and scared them off.
    As I got up, I spotted a brick jutting out of the kerbside so, catching the little bastard off guard, I grabbed it, snuck up behind him and smashed a brick into his forehead. He needed 6 stitches and he never bothered me again.

On a similar note, when I was 11, a girl kept bullying me in school til she got to the point of compeletly isolating me from my few mates. She was a nasty piece of work- spreading rumours and calling me names and sprouting out and out lies behind my back whilst pretending to be chummy to my face. At the time I was fairly shy and unassuming to a degree and up until then (excluding the above incident) I took my folks' advice about "ignore them and they'll go away". It didn't work and the bullying got worse and worse.
    One day, I just snapped and decided enough was enough. So I waited until the girl left school for the end of the day and when she left the grounds, I tapped her on the shoulder and punched her square in the face, knocking her to the ground.
    She ran off crying her eyes out and didn't bother me again. The best part was that as I'd punched her outside of school hours and off the grounds I didn't get detention. People kept away from me after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

I was in the Air Corps as an aircraft tech and was working on an aircraft on the ramp on day, with several airmen with me. I was the corporal in charge and a pilot, a captain taxied in in his aircraft, a trainer, and parked nearby. he got out, looked around for his own ground staff, who had slid off for a smoke and were nowhere to be seen, saw me and my lads. he was about 30 yards away and we were busy and paid no attention to him, as we were under pressure to get the aircraft ready and we were from a different unit anyway. He shouted to me and when I looked up, from where I was under the aircraft, dealing with a snag, he snapped his fingers at me and demanded that I refuel his aircraft NOW! My lads, seeing me beginning to react,(ie, change colour and start to foam at the mouth) actually crept out from under the aircraft and ran, the cowards. I ran over to the Captain and roared at him, " Don't you snap your fingers at me, you ****, or I'll break your hand and shove it up your arse!". Naturally, he was shocked but replied in kind. we ended up roaring and chasing each other until we ended up outside his Boss's office. I began to calm down and realise what I had done and really began to sweat. Fortunately, the Boss deflated the situation and calmed us both down and we apologised to each other. it was the talk of the place for a few day after.

regards
    Stovepipe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Nothing extraordinary just the unusual, slamming things, yelling etc. The problem with me is I lose my temper so quickly and it's usually fecking red hot but then after a few minutes it's totally gone and I feel really guilty. :p When I was younger I had a hard time keeping my temper under control but it's improved a lot since I've grown up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

Stinicker wrote: »
    I had a really crappy LG Cookie with the most unresponsive screen ever, one day in a fit of rage I bent it and broke the screen, was glad I did that.

I broke a Playstation controller and then shortly afterwards the acutal playstation itself.

When I was younger my father would always make me cut the grass with this totally about 15 years old massive heap of junk lawnmower which would never start easily. One day I switched it off and spent ages again trying to start it and caught my fingers in the pull cord. I went absolutely mental ran in to the shed and brought out a pick axe and drove the pick straight into through the soft aluminum block and held hitting it until I broke handle in the pick axe, I then set fire to its now leaking petrol tank and burn the petrol tank and plasticy bits. When my father saw i he went mental bur he got over it and it forced him into buying a new lawnmower. The burnt out shell of the lawnmower stayed in the garage for a few years and then when anything would go wrong I would go out there and break it futher with a sledge. I haven't cut the grass at home in around 10 years since that day.

My mother is a total paranoid person and is constantly locking the door of the house despite living in the most boring and safe place in probably the entire country. I remember I went out one evening over to the neighbours for literally five minutes and rushed back and it lashing rain, as typical my mother had the door locked, I was so enraged I picked up a stone and broke the glass on the door, turned the key and let myself in. Had no pity for her as she is such a paranoid git, When my father came home and saw it he said good enough for you, how many times have you locked me out too.

I can understand your mums paranoia to be honest ....

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭splendid101

Later on in the day after my post on this thread yesterday, I tried to smash my stapler to pieces after it didn't staple a few pages together properly.

I had it on the ground and was stamping on it wildly when I thought of this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

I threw my phone at a wall once but it didn't even break :rolleyes:

I very rarely have fits of rage. If I get angry I usually just start crying. It's hard to be angry and menacing in an argument when you're bawling your eyes out :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭JessePinkman

Father,I killed a man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

I took my laptop down to the shed, i had enough. I layed it on the table and took the lump hammer to it for good 5minutes. Felt great after!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Attempted to ban myself from this forum way back in the day when i was a mod here :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Knew a guy who used to get so frustrated playing games that he would gnaw on his controllers in fit of rage.

Was funny as hell seeing him go pink in the head and start chomping on his controller, was like seeing him revert back to an ape for a few seconds. He would bite the hell out of them and had the 2 controllers destroyed in teeth marks.
    I bite pens or whatever is handy at work when I'm pissed off too. Seems to let the anger subside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭PC CDROM

Attempted to ban myself from this forum way back in the day when i was a mod here :eek:

I remember you from the time before Castor Tory became 2 sheds!

I suffered from pure rage one. 3 years at Featherstone taught me to really, really put rage to the way side. Doesn't matter how justified you are!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Smeggy

Slapped my brother in the face during a row once, I couldn't believe it was my hand flying up to his face haha

Also threw a stranger's shoe out the window of a nightclub in a rage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I once had a weird reaction to rosé wine. A real Jekyl and Hyde situation. I'd never had rosé before and I never will again. It was a long time ago, I was about 20 at the time. My brother made some sarky remark or something and I threw a heavy glass ashtray at his head, only missing him my inches. Then I tried to hit him with a sweeping brush. Sweet Jesus it was terrifying, I just couldn't control the rage.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

smurgen wrote: »
    was in a fight last week with an arab french dude who spat in my face for asking him a question in english.The red mist immediatly descended and i hit him in the face. he head butted me repeatedly so i hit him agin and he fell, then I kicked him in the face twice. Feel like a complete scumbag but he bounced right back up after it and backed away from the situation. Dude must have been made of steel to take the kicks he did.

Niquer ta mère.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

Threw my phone at a wall it broke

My favourite was the phones revenge..ex gf wrecking my head as they do I proceeded to throw my phone it went through the little gap of the steering wheel and smashed the plastic in front o the speedo an that..all I could do was laugh

WAS NOT DRIVING AT TIME

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

It is really nice to see I am not the only one who has nerdrages :D

So I did so far:

When I was in second grade my class mate made me very angry. I took of my shoe and threw at him with all strength I had... He ducked and shoe smashed window...

Nes controller - hammered to death in to floor. Tom and Jerry game.
    Sega controller - was carefully unplugged then swinging by the cord in to the nearest wall. FIFA 99
    Xbox 360 controller - after getting my arse kicked 50th time by last boss in new mortal combat it flew across the room above TV in to the conviniantly placed wall. Still works, but something is lose inside and makes noise....
    Razor mouse - was smashed in to the table and buttons broken. Got cheesed again but some asshole in Starcraft 2 again. Still miss that mouse :(.

• Advertisement
Advertisement