Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some things you've done in fits of rage

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭finipops

It is really nice to see I am not the only one who has nerdrages :D

So I did so far:

When I was in second grade my class mate made me very angry. I took of my shoe and threw at him with all strength I had... He ducked and shoe smashed window...

Nes controller - hammered to death in to floor. Tom and Jerry game.
    Sega controller - was carefully unplugged then swinging by the cord in to the nearest wall. FIFA 99
    Xbox 360 controller - after getting my arse kicked 50th time by last boss in new mortal combat it flew across the room above TV in to the conviniantly placed wall. Still works, but something is lose inside and makes noise....
    Razor mouse - was smashed in to the table and buttons broken. Got cheesed again but some asshole in Starcraft 2 again. Still miss that mouse :(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

14 years old, In the kitchen alone acting out to the scenario of punching the head off of someone I hated.

Swinging hard as F*ck digs at thin air :cool:, accidently punched the light switches full force and split my knuckle open deep down exposing the bone.

An hour later, I'm in the children's ward of Tallaght hospital explaining a make believe story to the nurses of how I inadvertently stabbed my knuckle with a kitchen knife when reaching into the utensils drawer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

That dude in the yootube clip smashing up is xbox is like a real life Eric Cartman.

I get awfully annoyed playing FIFA online, I particularly hate the cnuts who don't let you take a goal kick in peace. Never smash a controller though, just repeatedly shout FCUK!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Had severe COD issues earlier - Spawn rage I will refer to it from now on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Had an argument with a mate once, he was really riling me up and seemed to be doing it just for the enjoyment. I told him to cut it out or I'd slap him.

So he picked up a mirror and held it in front of his face, and goaded me again. I put my fist through the mirror, tearing my knuckles and his face to bits.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I remember a time in school when there was one guy, the smelly “farmer” chap who nobody liked, was poking and prodding me with one of the window pull poles. Kept doing it to me, until I grabbed the pole off him. Slight struggle ensued, until I start smacking him around with the pole. After whimpering in the corner asking me to stop, I then go his back, threw it out the window, so it landed on an extension that had no access to it. Never bothered me again.

Another time, a guy just kept picking on me, and just generally annoying me. He was far larger than me. I went for him, but me being tiny, meant I was overpowered quite easily. Full headlock down on my knees. Even though Im small, Im very quick. I managed to get a sharp dig in, right to his face. I was then released from the headlock, as he looked at me, saying “good shot”, and staggered out of the classroom. A few minutes later he re-appeared with the most swollen face Id ever seen. Was known as Rocky after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

You sound like a bit of a hot head. The headbutt thing is terrible.

Tell us more of the skanger's CD player story though.

Yeah wasn't my proudest moment , broke the chaps nose and all got a lovely ban for it though...

The CD players , I was with a few friends down in St.Annes park in Dublin a few years back and this group of scum were a sitting a few feet away from us 'pumpin out de tooons', summer afternoon so no problem but they they had the thing at full whack so I asked them to turn it down a little , got told the usual feck off etc then they started hasslin us so I took the CD player over to the wall that leads into Dollymount and ****ed it over sorted the problem fairly quick.

I'd lost the head at that stage so none of them fancied doing anything about it but they went and got 'Jonno' to come sort me out...they got Jonno alright..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

I'm mild mannered and even tempered and am in no way prone to fits of rage

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Drakares

Smeggy wrote: »
    Slapped my brother in the face during a row once, I couldn't believe it was my hand flying up to his face haha

Also threw a stranger's shoe out the window of a nightclub in a rage

Wtf!? I'd have love to seen what preceded that incident!

"You bastard! *takes shoe off foot and flings out window*" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

It is really nice to see I am not the only one who has nerdrages :D

So I did so far:

When I was in second grade my class mate made me very angry. I took of my shoe and threw at him with all strength I had... He ducked and shoe smashed window...

Please tell me you went to school in The US?

• Advertisement

I loved the art of VIpasanna meditation so much as I went into it that I put up a few notices some months ago to attract people to practice it with me. I gave free "Lessons" in my garden and home to students in the local college and anyone else who responded (I actually now have a trainee priest and an actual priest who visit the sessions regularly which is interesting) for free, no charge or expectations or anything.

I put "lessons" in quotes as it is not really something teachable per se but that is a different story.

At the time I was amazed how many people contacted me asking "Does it help with X". X was a variety of things from addiction to lonlieness and more. I have two recovering alcoholics who visit and never miss a session and it is doing wonders for them.

The point - there is one sorry for the rambling - however is I was taken aback by how many people as a % had X as Anger Issues. The vast majority of the calls by far were people looking for a way to control Anger and Rage.

Reading this thread however I am coming to learn that that surprise was unwarranted. You guys have issues :) Are we just a really generally pissed off and ready to explode nation? Or is this thread and the people answering my add just exposing me anecdotally to misleading generalisations?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭King Of Wishful Thinking

spoofilyj wrote: »
    Wow some of you guys have pretty serious problems with anger

No we don't. Who are you to say we do? Huh? Well? Come on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

****ed a bucket of piss at a bouncer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

I'd lost the head at that stage so none of them fancied doing anything about it but they went and got 'Jonno' to come sort me out...they got Jonno alright..

What happened then?
    ****ed a bucket of piss at a bouncer.

...How'd you find a bucket of piss?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

GalwayGuy2 wrote: »

...How'd you find a bucket of piss?

found a bucket..... then pissed in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭splendid101

taxAHcruel wrote: »
    Reading this thread however I am coming to learn that that surprise was unwarranted. You guys have issues :) Are we just a really generally pissed off and ready to explode nation? Or is this thread and the people answering my add just exposing me anecdotally to misleading generalisations?

Confirmation bias. Naturally a thread with a title like this one will attract lots of stories and male it seem like the place is full of psychos.

I have noticed the large amount of people that lose the heads over computer games. I don't play as much as I did as a youth but I recognise the frustrating nature of computer games and the large amount of related stories doesn't surprise me.

Confirmation bias. Naturally a thread with a title like this one will attract lots of stories and male it seem like the place is full of psychos.

That is what I was hoping, but coupled with my other experience which does not necessarily attract people with anger issues - yet nearly all the people contacting me have anger issues - one does begin to wonder. I expected 95% of the people contacting me would have stress issues. Thats generally what people associate with meditation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

That sounds cold blooded rather than a fit of rage though.

He pissed me off. I was angry..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

I met an asshole and a short while after our night of frolics, he delivered a proper headfcuk, planting himself inside of my head and fcuking with my mind and emotions and crawling under my skin.

All lies from him. Everything - his words, excuses, the openness of it all, questions running through my head, - all spiralled around my mind and I felt rotten for so so long. I wanted to forget about it and him and I did at times but it always came back. My head hurt with a pain going deep inside not like an ordinary headache. It was so sore and I wanted him just to fcuk right off from my mind.

I was getting angitated again and I rang him and left a voice message and exploded down the phone. I screamed. I couldn't get any sentence or words out and I screamed - AHHHHHHHHHHH down the phone. And I screamed and screamed and screamed and screamed and screamed and scream and couldn't stop. I tried to stop but couldn't and with that I started banging my phone of the table, still screaming down the phone, before I fcuked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

When we first moved to Ireland I was so upset and angry at my parents that first week I got really annoyed and kicked the front door (which at the time was made of glass on the bottom) in protest of not wanting to go inside my 'new home' and completely shattered it :o

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

I have vague recollections of smashing a potato mashed off the counter for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

When I was very young I got upset over something stupid.. Slammed the car door so hard the window shattered inside the door. We couldn't afford to get it fixed and never could roll it down again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I rarely get angry, i get emotional. Although, in my youth I kicked a hole in my bedroom wall and not so long ago I launched the xbox controller at my mam when it annoyed me. She was not happy.

Another time, my brother was winding me up over dinner so I lashed my chicken kiev at him :o but i don't eat meat anymore so it's ok.

Also, once in work when I was about 17 a customer annoyed me so much that I just walked out of the shop and never went back. I wanted to bash her smug face in :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Robbo wrote: »
    My monocle popped out once.
    You are getting angry and surprised mixed up

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭dannye92

Sister annoyed me one day while I was out fixing my push bike, she was at me for ages, eventually picked up the bike and threw it at the wall...needed a new wheel after that -_-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

When I was young there was a guy who hung around with another lad in our street and he was a right little b****x, he kept on picking on me or spitting at me. So one day I had enough of this little s**t and I walked right up to him and thumped him across the face. My brother came out because he thought I was getting beat up, the look on his face when he saw it was me. :D

It really takes a lot nowadays for me to get really angry. But one night I was up late and my brother came in from the pub. I got up to go and get something and when I came back he had robbed my seat. I needed to sit there as I was working on an assignment on my laptop and the charger needed to be plugged in. He kept on annoying me and poking me so I got so riled up I ended up punching him in the ribs. He went squealing to my mam of course.... should I tell you that he is 32....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

More than a few Playstation controllers have perished due to my rage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

I once threw a guy down at flight of stairs after he said something to me about a family member of mine. I was on my way down the steps to lay into him when a few other people got involved and broke it up.

A scummer spat at me when I said I'd no spare cigarette for him (I don't smoke) and I remember thinking is that my fist smashing into his chin? He went down like a tonne of brinks and I ran like hell before his mates killed me.

Most expensive was when I threw my phone at a wall but missed and hit the ntl box and broke both. :o

Advertisement