Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barcelona v Celtic (UEFA Champions League) K.O. 19.45

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

samaras is gone!

or is he...!

could be a ploy to slow it down/breather although it looked fairly bad on the replay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

big loss with Samaras going off he was doing well holding the ball up.

need to make to ht without getting caught

that was a class goal...couldnt do anything about that in all fairness.

jinxed it

That was some goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Samaras will be a big loss for 2nd half, needed a big guy up front to get to the long balls.
    Oh balls 1-1 now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Lovely, lovely goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Incredible skill; what? 10, 12 tight, impossible passes? - still only 1-1, though. Celtic got it in the net with two touches.

celtic need to regroup now, losing samaras changes the gameplan significantly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

That 1st half went far far better than I was expecting. Very sore one for Samaras and I fear now in the 2nd half. It is so important to hold onto the ball when we get it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭RoryMac

That 1st half went far far better than I was expecting. Very sore one for Samaras and I fear now in the 2nd half. It is so important to hold onto the ball when we get it
    Yeah that sums it up for me too, going to be tough in the 2nd half without Sammy

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Dempsey wrote: »
    celtic need to regroup now, losing samaras changes the gameplan significantly

If you stepped out as much as you did the other day Dempsey, you reckon Celtic could get a couple more? ;):D Thirsty for a Coke or something?

Barca deserved their goal, their build up play is just immense. I think they are getting too much joy though on our right, we need to be closing them down a bit quicker, although I can understand the caution. Would hate to see the possession stats!

Sammy is a major loss for us for the little time we have the ball. Hope it's not too serious, we'll need him for the return leg.

Still, 1-1 at HT is much better than we could have expected. The big test will be the last 20 mins or so, because Barca playing like that will tire Celtic big time. That's when mistakes are made, and I could easily see 2 or even 3 Barca goals within that timeframe.

HT stats: Possession: Barca 75%, Celtic 25%. Passes: Barca 475 (91% accurate), Celtic 100. Celtic scored from only attempt on goal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

fook me, just in and saw the replay of that goal. absolutely sublime control with both feet!

haha paulo, im going in and out to the fridge for beers. nothing is working!

maybe im causing messi's bad day!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

how was that not a foul on forrest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

how was that not a foul on forrest?

Cause the referee didn't blow his whistle?

• Advertisement

fk i thought that was in!...may have hit Wanyamas hand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Shed have scored!!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I've seen more attacking from Celtic in the past 5 mins than in all of the first half! Forrest is a brilliant option, even if only to keep the ball from Barca for a little while.

Gone too defensive here since Samaras went off, keep giving ball away :(

need to get miku and kayal on the field imo

Unlucky there by Commons with ball across cud have made it 2-1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Celtic are playing better than most teams I have seen against Barca, fair play to them.

Barca are playing dangerously and another goal for Celtic could come from one of the counters.

despite his intial chance i wouldnt hsve commons on the field. i dont see commons offering much defensively. brown had to come off though, he was fcuked.

gwan david marshall!

What a save from Forster!

super save

• Advertisement

Great save to ruin a lovely move!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭allybhoy

What a save!!! Great move as well... on the ropes here need to slow it down and get a breather

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Celtic are playing better than most teams I have seen against Barca, fair play to them.

Barca are playing dangerously and another goal for Celtic could come from one of the counters.

Deffo - they're doing themselves proud so far.

Amazing tackle there by Wilson, he'll replay that 1 a few times i bet!!!

nobody else reacted to the quick free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

Celtic are defending brilliantly, some top class tackles and interceptions here

ambrose is playing very well too, how much was he again, €1.5m? steal!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Hooper has been hard to watch tonight. I know he is a stiker. But lets not play with the petulant striker attitude.

If he throws his hands in the air one more time I'd think he has ear phones in listening to maniac 2000

20 mins, gonna seem like a lifetime!! Doing great so far, 1-1 will be incredible

This is backs to the wall stuff, another great save. I am disappointed at how easy we give the ball away though

• Advertisement

what a save!!....unbelievable

what a save forster

Another fantastic save!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

This is backs to the wall stuff, another great save. I am disappointed at how easy we give the ball away though

We've tried to play ball too much. How no one has went down injured yet is beyond me.

how did they not see messi stroll in behind them? getting tired. squeeky bum

Wow, what a save, motm 100%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Hooper has been hard to watch tonight. I know he is a stiker. But lets not play with the petulant striker attitude.

If he throws his hands in the air one more time I'd think he has ear phones in listening to maniac 2000

We'll that would surely depend on whether or not they go side to side like he just doesn't care.

kayal should have been on the field before now imo

villa, go do your warm up again plz!

• Advertisement

Forster.... wow. What a fantastic keeper he is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement