Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barcelona v Celtic (UEFA Champions League) K.O. 19.45

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Dempsey wrote: »
    rte cant get the celtic players names right either

Nice to hear them speaking highly of Celtic for once though. Return leg on RTÉ2 HD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

PauloMN wrote: »

Nice to hear them speaking highly of Celtic for once though. Return leg on RTÉ2 HD.

its strange to hear alright! usually there is a dig somewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

In fairness I wouldn't care how Celtic played if we got to a European final.

One sentence containing words Celtic and European final, never thought I would see the day..

How do people see second leg going?

Will Celtic fans be expecting to tame messi?

I for one am looking to it something tells me it will be an interesting tie now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭General Relativity

One sentence containing words Celtic and European final, never thought I would see the day..

Happened 3 times already, get with it. :p

ya its as close as we'll ever get to one....

:rolleyes:

Happened 3 times already, get with it. :p

I said I never thought I would see the day as in future not the past. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

I said I never thought I would see the day as in future not the past. :D
    the words never thought are actually in the past tense ;) also in the past theres us winning the european cup in 1967 :D

the words never thought are actually in the past tense ;) also in the past theres us winning the european cup in 1967 :D

We're you at the final in 67? Or did you watch the match love on tv? Was there colour television back then?

We're you at the final in 67? Or did you watch the match love on tv? Was there colour television back then?
    whats your point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

PauloMN wrote: »
    RTE are ditching Man Utd :eek:
    George Hamilton won't be happy :D

• Advertisement

whats your point?

That is the PAST ted, look towards the future ted. It's bad when u brag about a game from 45 years ago... So for you to remember that game your 50odd I take it?? Or are you just blowing wind?? Bet your search engine is google is it?? So fast to find info ;)

That is the PAST ted, look towards the future ted. It's bad when u brag about a game from 45 years ago... So for you to remember that game your 50odd I take it?? Or are you just blowing wind?? Bet your search engine is google is it?? So fast to find info ;)

Im sure there's a point somewhere if we keep waiting...

so we have to ignore our history to suit your waffle?

sorry whats with all the personal questions if you want to get to know new people there plenty of dating sites online. secondly my name is not ted. you have a fairly low standard of post mate I'm here to talk about football not google. and that's football past present and future...

Don't even know why I'm bothered replying no matter what is said Celtic will still be ****

sorry whats with all the personal questions if you want to get to know new people there plenty of dating sites online. secondly my name is not ted. you have a fairly low standard of post mate I'm here to talk about football not google. and that's football past present and future...

Dating sites?? Whatever your into chief!!!

And your name to me is ted get used to it

Don't even know why I'm bothered replying no matter what is said Celtic will still be ****

dont let the door hit you on the way out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

keith16 wrote: »
    I suppose it will only be 7 or 8-1 now :rolleyes:
    :rolleyes: Nae Luck, much did yous have on it?

I was having a little dig at all the others before me shouting 7 or 8 nil :)

wow man that really hurt. I guess your probably right. cant believe I never saw it before. must go get a Manchester united jersey..

• Advertisement

Aren't you a United fan? Do I need to whip out that Nakamura clip?

Aren't you a United fan? Do I need to whip out that Nakamura clip?
    may be going mad here but i remember 2 clips ;)

may be going mad here but i remember 2 clips ;)

Yeah, but we lost at old trafford :(.

yeah i know we lost but its probably because were **** remember :p

Get back to your battered mars bars peasants :D

Jesus for a terrible team it's "fans" ;) are fierce easy to rile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

If by "****" you mean "2nd half way through a group in which we were forth seeds and performing significantly better than most 'experts' were predicting" then you are spot on.

If by "****" you mean "2nd half way through a group in which we were forth seeds and performing significantly better than most 'experts' were predicting" then you are spot on.

Must put a bet on Celtic winning it so. Best of luck with that

I never remember being allowed to stay up as late as you on a school night

I never remember being allowed to stay up as late as you on a school night

Is it true Celtic song god save the queen regular at half time?

Any football fans are easy to wind up when you spout shite. If I went into the United thread and said; United are shite. They need to move on from all their past sucesses because; they didn't win the league last season, city beat them 6-1, they didn't qualify from their CL group and they were knocked outta' the EL. How'd you think they'd react?

• Advertisement

Any football fans are easy to wind up when you spout shite. If I went into the United thread and said; United are shite. They need to move on from all their past sucesses because; they didn't win the league last season, city beat them 6-1, they didn't qualify from their CL group and they were knocked outta' the EL. How'd you think they'd react?

We would laugh as one bad year is acceptable!!! For Celtic every year being **** is acceptable

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Seriously, how has this rubbish not been closed and a user infracted/banned yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Don't see what this has to do with Celtic and Manchester United. It doesn't take a genius to see who's embarrassing themselves on here and making comments on teams they haven't seen.

Is it true Celtic song god save the queen regular at half time?
    i don't quite get the jist but if someone wants to sing that then who am i to stop them. Remember when united didn't win the champions league the europa league the English premier league the FA cup or the league cup last season.

We would laugh as one bad year is acceptable!!! For Celtic every year being **** is acceptable

No we wouldn't. Stop talking sh1te. Different fans have different expectations. You talk about embarrassing skangers yet look at the way your acting here. You're embarrassing other United fans on here using the word we.

:rolleyes:. With that, I'm done.

i don't quite get the jist but if someone wants to sing that then who am i to stop them. Remember when united didn't win the champions league the europa league the English premier league the FA cup or the league cup last season. Sh*t club sh*t fans your only in it for the glory mate

LMFAO and there's that nerve did I just hit it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Elaborate??

Will do.
    I think it's embarrassing seeing young lads wearing Celtic jerseys singing sectarian songs etc we as a country have moved on from that crap only the uneducated follow through with sectarian crap!!

You're at it. Where do you see all these 'Celtic kids' dancing around the place singing Sean South? Making up sh*te are we?

Anyone with kids keep them clear of all the Celtic crap!!

Where do I start with this quote? There's no talking to the likes of you. Reason and common sense will just go over your head every single time.
    My mates son is a scanger going round with Celtic jersey mouthing off bout rangers etc its just properly embarrassing!

Your mate ( if he exists ) is probably just a skanger, you know the saying 'the apple doesn't fall far from the tree'.

Why are you hanging around with skangers is the real question? Could it be you're just one yourself?

Your definition of sh*t is a team playing in the Champions league? Very good.
    How can u expect anyone to take your points about Celtic with a name like bobby sands 81??

There is streets named after Bobby Sands all over the world. Imagine an Irish person using his name on a message board, you're living in some bubble mo chara.

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Will do.

You're at it. Where do you see all these 'Celtic kids' dancing around the place singing Sean South? Making up sh*te are we?

Where do I start with this quote? There's no talking to the likes of you. Reason and common sense will just go over your head every single time.

Your mate ( if he exists ) is probably just a skanger, you know the saying 'the apple doesn't fall far from the tree'.

Why are you hanging around with skangers is the real question? Could it be you're just one yourself?

Your definition of sh*t is a team playing in the Champions league? Very good.

There is streets named after Bobby Sands all over the world. Imagine an Irish person using his name on a message board, you're living in some bubble mo chara.

Don't bother mate, after his previous comment it is clear for all to see that he isn't on this thread to discuss football (not that there was much doubt anyway), he has ulterior motives and hopefully will be dealt with in due course.

i don't quite get the jist but if someone wants to sing that then who am i to stop them. Remember when united didn't win the champions league the europa league the English premier league the FA cup or the league cup last season. Sh*t club sh*t fans your only in it for the glory mate

The last bit is not fair and is extremely stupid tbh.

• Advertisement

Anyways I'm delighted for Barcelona taking the 3 points from this game.

Tell you something some of you lads need to thicken skin Jesus take offense easily?? I think so!

I dislike Celtic and what they stand for I'm entitled to my opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

And people said *I* was a troll! :eek:

The last bit is not fair and is extremely stupid tbh.
    i actually agree... momentarily stooped to his level..

Apologies to Celtic fans!! What ever happened to banter it died with Celtic tiger I reckon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Don't bother mate, after his previous comment it is clear for all to see that he isn't on this thread to discuss football (not that there was much doubt anyway), he has ulterior motives and hopefully will be dealt with in due course.

Just saw the previous pages after I replied. Still not sure if he's trolling or if he's 14 years of age tbh. If it's the former then hopefully his parents take away his computer for being up this late on a school night.

Apologies to Celtic fans!! What ever happened to banter it died with Celtic tiger I reckon

If you want to see banter have a look at the Celtic and Rangers threads, it is usually light hearted and witty and taken in good spirit, the sh*t you have spouted on this thread would never be tolerated by either side of the Old Firm divide on here.

If you want to see banter have a look at the Celtic and Rangers threads, it is usually light hearted and witty and taken in good spirit, the sh*t you have spouted on this thread would never be tolerated by either side of the Old Firm divide on here.

Maybe my perception from seeing Celtic fans in area I live acting like morons has me corrupt thought wise. I have offered an apology and I mean it but still no matter what I went too far!! Apologies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Maybe my perception from seeing Celtic fans in area I live acting like morons has me corrupt thought wise. I have offered an apology and I mean it but still no matter what I went too far!! Apologies
    Bullsh1t. You're at this crap all the time in the GAA forum as well. A load of posts trying to get a bite and then put it down as "banter".
    It's tiring at this stage mate and you're coming across as a moron.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I dislike Celtic and what they stand for I'm entitled to my opinion

Go on, I'll bite. What is it that Celtic "stand for" that you dislike? Enlighten us please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

I take it you haven't looked in the Rangers thread for a while ?

Wouldn't exactly call some of the stuff there 'banter'.

I would probably have to agree with DARK-KNIGHT that some people need to get a thicker skin.
    Especially those who have absolutely no trouble dishing it out (ergo, the Rangers thread) but get their panties in a bunch when it's their club and/or team that is being joked about or criticized.

And no, I'm not talking about you ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement