Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Sports - Football not in widescreen on UPC

• 23-10-2012 12:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭

I've asked other UPC users and they have the same as myself as at first I thought it was an issue with my set top box

I've noticed that all British football is not shown in widescreen on UPC. it doesn't effect Spanish football but its pretty annoying when English games are shown they way they are.

Does anyone know the reasons for this? I don't think its a an issue with the feed into UPC as widescreen can be seen in the small screen used on settings page etc (you can tell its widescreen there as the gap between score/time on left and sky logos on the right are in a good bit from the edge - on normal view the time isn't viewable and the sky logo is right at the edge)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Sorry mods I forgot bout the 'Talk to UPC' forum. You can lock/delete this and I'll post it there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

All 5 Sky Sports channels broadcast in Widescreen on UPC. Recently Sky have moved their Logos into the top left & right-hand corners. If u change your box to 4:3 you will not see the time for example during matches

Recently Sky have moved their Logos into the top left & right-hand corners.

Sorry, this isn't true. As I said above on the small screen in the top right on various 'settings' type page you can clearly see a gap still exists (I'm not saying it hasn't moved a bit, it may have done)

Currently on (my) UPC, for example, the time isn't shown as that part is cropped

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭mickko

Don't know if this has been resolved yet, but it's an issue with UPC's receiving equipment and recent changes made by Sky on their Sports channels. Other cable operators have had this same issue.
    Their Rx equipment needs to be changed from 4:3 to 16:9.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Since the start of this season, Sky Sports' graphics aren't 4:3 safe any more. Nor for that matter, are ESPN's or ITV's. Very few Sky Sports subscribers I suspect are watching on 4:3 sets still.

• Advertisement

Back to normal at the weekend. Hopefully whatever problem it was is resolved

Advertisement