Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo Wedding Songs

Options
  • 23-10-2012 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

Right folks, need your help on this one please, doing a wedding ( DJ ) in a few weeks time and have being asked to play some Mayo songs for Mayo crowd, so any good lively songs than can be played at a wedding?

Just found this list, any of these any good? http://www.mayo-ireland.ie/songs.htm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭WaltKowalski

Ooooooooh, the Green & Red of Mayo!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Theres a lovely one very appropriate to weddings, it has a lovely air to it.
    Smack my pony up I think its called.

;)

Michaeal Gaughan is a sort of a Mayo song! :)
    Green and red of Mayo!
    that fecking Joyce country ceili band drives everyone loopers (not from Mayo though)!

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭neiphin

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

As mentioned, depending on where in Mayo the crowd are from and their level of inebriation/form.
    Galway Girl
    Joyce Country Ceili Band (anything from the saw docs really to be honest)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Jumbo breakfast roll seems to be popular. Green and red of Mayo. N17 by Saw doctors. Well. anything by the saw doctors. Other than that Mayo people are just like the rest of the country. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭sunrise91

I agree, anything by the Saw Doctors is a safe bet! Maybe pass on The Hills of Donegal though....

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Take Me Home To Mayo and any old Sawdoctors song. think this should be a subject that would passed onto Michael Commins . . . the original Castlebar cowboy!!

Advertisement