Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching Bank - AIB To Bank of Ireland

Options
  • 23-10-2012 12:25pm
    Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi

I've been rather unhappy with my bank for the last while, and am looking to switch

I've a few Questions.

1. How long does it take to Transfer across accounts.
    2. Can i transfer a loan From AIB - BOI
    3. Can I Get a credit Card from BOI (currently have a Visa Card from AIB)

I can PM Better details if needs be :)

Many thanks

Joe

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Agent Smith,

Thank you for considering switching to us.

Information on our Account Switching process is available here. The maximum timeframes allowed for the completion of the process is; 10 working days if you are closing your old account and switching the balance, active standing orders and direct debits to the new account, and 7 working days if you are keeping the old account open and just switching standing orders and direct debits.

Accounts covered by the Account Switching Code are Business and Personal Current accounts and Savings/Deposit accounts that do not require notice for withdrawals.

Applications for credit cards and loans are dealt with on a case by case basis. Information on the credit cards we currently offer is available here, and information on loans is available here. If you would like to discuss either of these products in detail, please call 1890 365 100.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
    Tara

Advertisement