Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gerbing's XR12 Hybrid Heated Gloves Group Buy

• 23-10-2012 1:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭

Just quick heads up that there's a group buy going on over at VisorDown for Gerbing's heated gloves.

€189 + shipping from Gerbings site, and with the group buy best price is around £99 + shipping.

They would only ship to UK address - so you would either need one, or sign on to ParcelMotel.ie for a UK address.

This is the link to group buy: http://www.buyapowa.com/visordown

PS: And this is my referral link: http://www.buyapowa.com/ref/NDKmuL ;)

Here's a detailed review of all Gerbings's gloves:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Seems like a great idea but I dont feel we get the cold temps over here to warrant them gloves TBH. Seems like alot of hassle for a pair of gloves....I would rather have a nice xtra-fit pair of gloves and a set of hot grips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭positron

You are probably right too, but depending on the speed and distance you are doing (40 mins in my case and most of it on M1) you may or may not need this. If you already have a good waterproof winter glove, heated grips might help if you not out for too long at a stretch. Also hand guards will also help. Good gore-tex gloves are around 100 euro, and then the heated grip, hand guards etc - would cost more than these Gerbings. Anywhoo, I have ordered one - only time will tell.

Would rather a pair of HELD AIR n Dry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭positron

Horses for courses etc I suppose.

I have trawled thru the interwebs and have come to the conclusion that when the temperature goes below 5 degrees, and when I need to do 30 miles early morning, Held Warm n Dry, Air n Dry, Alpinestar Jet Road etc just doesn't cut it. They probably would work if I had a shorter commute, or a slower commute, or if I had heated grips and hand guards. But not when the windchill brings it down to -15 on the finger tips, just gloves alone doesn't work, and like I said before the total cost of setup is cheaper with the heated gloves. That's just me though.

Absolutely, I am not saying they are bad or not worth the full price, far from it they look the bizzo. I have 3 sets of good gloves and the heated grips so I have the bases covered, I have yet to experience a winter yet that a good pair of gloves and heated grips dont combat. Then again this is only going to be my 2nd winter :rolleyes:

Let us know how they work out mate, and stick up a few pics when you get them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭carefull now!

Seen a cheap battery operated set in maplins for €40 if anyone's looking for cheap solutions.

Advertisement