Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v Braga | 19:45 | TV3 & ITV

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

del88 wrote: »
    chico time:D:D:D:D:D:D

Long may the form he has shown tonight continue

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Argh taking off Chico!!! Why?!?!?!

Edit: for Ryan Giggs?! For fcuks sake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Still would like another.

Not comfortable with Goal ahead even. Not the way we switch off at moment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Giggs... what the ****ing ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I dont like this substitution -_-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

How much damage could Giggs do in 11 minutes?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

United down to 10 men...

Giggs... :(

An-elderly-Ryan-Giggs-005.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Jesus De Gea very very lucky there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Almost a huge fcuk up there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Young needs game time yet giggs is brought on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Utd were 11/10 with 20 mins to go, that was a huge price for utd at home.

Chico would have buried that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

RVP had time there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Fletchers energy levels are getting there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

what is Nani doing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Keno 92 wrote: »
    United will win 3-2

Yep
    laughing.gif

Job done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

9 from 9.

Cant ask for more

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Brilliant comeback. Plenty of issues to be sorted out but that's the sort of character that money cannot buy you. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I like this handicap start we are giving teams, really brings out the best in our players :pac:

Thought Cleverley was excellent again tonight. Looking a lot more like the player he was at the start of last season.
    Rooney was a class act in the diamond formation, suits him down to the ground it seems.
    Delighted for Chico too, he was brilliant.
    Worked his little socks off.

We're not boring anyway :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

cambo2008 wrote: »
    I like this handicap start we are giving teams, really brings out the best in our players :pac:

Thought Cleverley was excellent again tonight. Looking a lot more like the player he was at the start of last season.
    Rooney was a class act in the diamond formation, suits him down to the ground it seems.

You won't get away with it against the top teams in Europe though. There are obvious problems that need to be sorted before the knockout stages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

cambo2008 wrote: »

Delighted for Chico too, he was brilliant.
    Worked his little socks off.

They won't get away with that against Stoke on a rainy Wednesday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

niallo27 wrote: »

You won't get away with it against the top teams in Europe though. There are obvious problems that need to be sorted before the knockout stages.
    Hopefully we have our defence back by then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

For the fans having a pop at United, I think we are still trying out a few things (like last season) and I am happy once we qualify out of this group top. Its not like Barcelona are setting the world on fire either. I accept that United are yet to show their credentials in terms of being a real challenger, but if we can get our defence fit, I dont think its unreasonable to feel that we will be certainly there or thereabouts in the League and Champions league at the very least.

Incidentally, I was encouraged by Fletchers performance and Cleverley at times looked very good and hungry (Superb cross for Chicos 2nd).

Hopefully United will go into Chelsea game buyoed by teh comeback and chelsea a bit deflated. I think the 4-3-3 diamond has been tried out for games like the away game to Chelsea and it will be interesting to see if its more productive. Certainly, the way both teams are playing Sundays game should at least have 4 goals!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

united can have their defence back but some of the space allowed by united tonight down the wings was shocking and a side with decent wingers and full backs will do them when they play that system.

I thought Van persie looked confused with the system at times particularly early, him and kagawa making similar runs at similar times but aside from that looked alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Its not really a surprise that they looked a bit confused at times, they played two differant formations, one of which is relatively new. I think its great that we have 3 alternative strategies that our team have been working on (4-4-2, 4-3-3 with one and 3 strikers) . . As Sir Alex said, its no harm in keeping your opponents guessing, but for me its just as important to be able to change things around in games that arent going your way . .

It could be argued that 3 of the back 4 would not start if United have a fully fit team (buttner, Evans, Carrick) so I think its fair to assume even when we get one of Rio/vidic alongside Evans, we will improve.

Personally I see plenty of positives, but the biggest one for me is the character the team is showing. This time last year we wouldnt of gotten back into that game and we were not relying on Rooney, Van Persie or Valencia (three of our best players) to get us back into the game. .

All in all, a good experiment . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

No longer known as Mr Offside. Welcome back Mr. Chico Hernandez :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I do love Chich. Great to see him scoring again.

Advertisement