Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coop - Medical

Options
  • 23-10-2012 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have a medical coming up as part of my coop. Will this include a drug test?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

depends on the company/job

I had a medical for my co-op with no drugs test but i know a few that have had to undergo them for their co-ops

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SpagettiMess

Out of interest what sector was your job for?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Had a medical for my coop last year in Electronic Engineering field, it included a drugs test.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I will have to have one if I get the place I went to yesterday.I've got a slight visual problem that i'm worried will cause problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

I swear they were for medicinal use only!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

Whats the story if you have used drugs that were legal in some parts of the world and you have travelled there recently then did a drugs test for co-op in a different country after, just wondering?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Whats the story if you have used drugs that were legal in some parts of the world and you have travelled there recently then did a drugs test for co-op in a different country after, just wondering?

Fail I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

The companies are not testing you for any "legal" reason, it's to see if you use drugs. Maybe they don't want dope-heads working in their company :rolleyes: no matter where you accessed the drugs.
    I said 90% of the coop placements on my course have had drug testing as part of the medical.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

Agent_99 wrote: »
    I said 90% of the coop placements on my course have had drug testing as part of the medical.

Oh statistics. What percentage of people had a medical though?

If they're testing for drugs and you test positive it probably doesn't matter what the reason is. As already mentioned you don't know what their agenda is for testing. Everyone has done something illegal during their life. They're hardly trying to catch you having done something illegal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

Agent_99 wrote: »

The companies are not testing you for any "legal" reason, it's to see if you use drugs. Maybe they don't want dope-heads working in their company :rolleyes: no matter where you accessed the drugs.

So by your logic considering alcohol is a drug and also legal they don't want people who drink alcohol?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Polar Ice wrote: »
    Oh statistics. What percentage of people had a medical though?

If they're testing for drugs and you test positive it probably doesn't matter what the reason is. As already mentioned you don't know what their agenda is for testing. Everyone has done something illegal during their life. They're hardly trying to catch you having done something illegal.

100% of the people placed on coop in my course have had to do a medical, all the jobs are for Industrial Lab work.

Advertisement