Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New book- The Glory, Glory nights

Options
  • 23-10-2012 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭

Out soon just in time for Christmas a new Spurs book by Martin Cloake and Adam Powley covering every European tie played by Spurs up to the beginning of this season.
    The Glory Glory Nights is the official history of Spurs in Europe. It's a 256 page hardback with reports from every single game Spurs have played in Europe up to the start of this season. There are first hand recollections from a gallery of legends including JImmy Greaves, Steve Perryman, Martin Chivers, and Gareth Bale and special features on the fans, the trophies and the background to Tottenham Hotspur's European story. And it's packed with stunning photographs spanning 50 years of history. Released to commemorate the 50th anniversary of Spurs becoming the first British team to win a European trophy, and with the full co-operation of the club, we're as proud of this book as we were of the 61: The Spurs Double book.
    You can order the book for £25 from http://www.visionsp.co.uk/viewitem.aspx?id=219 and it will also be onsale from the Spurs shop and from all good bookshops
    Really looking forward to this. The 2 lads are huge Spurs fans and great writers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

yiddo59 wrote: »
    Out soon just in time for Christmas a new Spurs book by Martin Cloake and Adam Powley covering every European tie played by Spurs up to the beginning of this season.

Really looking forward to this. The 2 lads are huge Spurs fans and great writers.

Lovely good man, a definite purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Lovely good man, a definite purchase.

Ah thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

ruiseal wrote: »

Great find and this is also a bargain and a great read for anyone who hasn't read it already
    http://www.bookdepository.com/Boys-from-White-Hart-Lane-Martin-Cloake/9781907637087

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Glory glory nights seems to be packing a lot into 256 pages, looks like a nice coffee table book for the fanatic. I see it weighs in at over a kilo.

I'd be interested to know what ye're favorite spurs related book has been, can't recall many memorable autobiographys of our greats, Gazza's not bad, has anyone read the book by Roy Reyland the kitman?

Glory glory nights seems to be packing a lot into 256 pages, looks like a nice coffee table book for the fanatic. I see it weighs in at over a kilo.

I'd be interested to know what ye're favorite spurs related book has been, can't recall many memorable autobiographys of our greats, Gazza's not bad, has anyone read the book by Roy Reyland the kitman?

My favourite Spurs books in no particular order.

The Glory Game by Hunter Davies unprecented access to the dressing room during the 71/72 season. Wouldn't happen today.

The Bous from White Hart Lane by Adam Powley and Martin Cloake. Great read with interviews with the squad of the early 80's

We are Tottenham by Powley and Cloake. Covers the 2003/2004 season with interviews with fans of all ages and generations. Especially good chapters about Norman Jay, Morris Keston and a Spurs hooligan.

The Great Divide by Alex Fynn and Olivia Blair The story of both sides of the great north London divide in 99/00.

As for Roy Reylands book its a very good read and worth getting. As you said most Spurs autobiographies are only so so though "Ossie" from the mid 80's was a very good read. It gave a good insight into the turmoil surrounding Ossie and Rciky Villa during the Falklands war.

Did you buy this in the end, hoping to pick one up this week !

ruiseal wrote: »

Did you use this crowd ? Are they legit?

Did you buy this in the end, hoping to pick one up this week !

Ordered it from Book Depository yesterday. I use them all the time. Great service and prices are usually good as well.

• Advertisement

Ordered it from Book Depository yesterday. I use them all the time. Great service and prices are usually good as well.

Cheers fella, gonna order it tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

i buy all my books from them, have done for ages now. Great service, prices and free delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

It's interesting that this topic has come back into my followed threads box, just the other day I bought a book called "Dream On" in a second hand bookshop, has anyone read it? Is it worth my while, it only cost 50c so if it's rubbish I'll not bother with it.

It's interesting that this topic has come back into my followed threads box, just the other day I bought a book called "Dream On" in a second hand bookshop, has anyone read it? Is it worth my while, it only cost 50c so if it's rubbish I'll not bother with it.

Another book by Alex Fynn well worth a read. It covers the 95/96 season when Klinsman had left to be replaced by Chris Armstrong :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Ordered it as a Christmas present for my dad there. And ill be able to rob it too. Win, win.

Thanks lads.

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Ordered it as a Christmas present for my dad there. And ill be able to rob it too. Win, win.

Thanks lads.

Did you get it yet ? Ordered mine on the 6th and no sign yet :(

Did you get it yet ? Ordered mine on the 6th and no sign yet :(

Nope!

Still waiting. Ordered mine the day I posed I'm pretty sure, so 6th as well.

Once it's here before Xmas I don't really mind. But defiantly would have expected it by now.

Nope!

Still waiting. Ordered mine the day I posed I'm pretty sure, so 6th as well.

Once it's here before Xmas I don't really mind. But defiantly would have expected it by now.

Just got a call from the queen, it arrived today

Just got a call from the queen, it arrived today

That's good anyway. I just rang home there and it doesn't appear its arrived yet. But Mum said she didn't think the post had come yet. Hopefully by tomorrow anyway.

Mine did arrive yesterday, so happy days.

Book it's self looks impressive. I haven't open it up as I'll leave the plastic wrap on it as it's a gift. I noticed it's only 20euro now on that site (We paid 24).

Just a heads up in case anyone else is interested.

• Advertisement

Mine did arrive yesterday, so happy days.

Book it's self looks impressive. I haven't open it up as I'll leave the plastic wrap on it as it's a gift. I noticed it's only 20euro now on that site (We paid 24).

Just a heads up in case anyone else is interested.

Good stuff glad you got it, yes haven't opened it up either yet.

Good stuff glad you got it, yes haven't opened it up either yet.

Well what did you think? I think it's a great read and has some great pics as well. The interviews are also very good with really insightful questions and quotes including this one from Micky Hazard
    "Micky Hazard and Spurs go together. There's a chemistry and we both have the same beliefs" What Spurs fans stand for is what I stand for"

Now only €20 with the book depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Glory-Glory-Nights-Martin-Cloake/9781907637667

Well what did you think? I think it's a great read and has some great pics as well. The interviews are also very good with really insightful questions and quotes including this one from Micky Hazard
    "Micky Hazard and Spurs go together. There's a chemistry and we both have the same beliefs" What Spurs fans stand for is what I stand for"

Now only €20 with the book depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Glory-Glory-Nights-Martin-Cloake/9781907637667

Can't get it off my father yet, he's not letting go very easily :D

Advertisement