Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eliminator 400 rear brake

Options
  • 23-10-2012 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Silly one this, as I should know. Recent bikes have all had disc brakes but now I'm the owner of an Eliminator 400 shaftie that has a rear drum brake; how to adjust please!

Or if anyone has an actual or PDF copy of the manual for my bike, I would love to get my hands on it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭carefull now!

I'm not familiar with your bike but most drum brakes iv seen just had the simple cable adjuster, tighten the bolt until the brake pedal feels good and isn't rubbing when free wheeling. Hope that helps, like I said I'm not familiar with the bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Gortan60

Ya, was gonna head down that route but posted just in case there was another way....back in the day, Seventies, any two wheeler I had was drum brake and I self-serviced....time plays awful tricks on memory though! Thanks for reply...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

The adjustment is usually on the hub, there is a wingnut that you wind in until the pedal works satisfactorily.
    There is sometimes a wear indicator that show the amount of wear on the rear shoes when the pedal is pressed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Gortan60

Sound man, time for the spanners then!

Advertisement