Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New eircom customer enquiry.

Options
  • 23-10-2012 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi,

My dad, who lives next door to me, is interested in getting broadband. I myself have eircom broadband but when I run a line check on the eircom website for my dads phone number/ line it says that broadband is not available on his line? Why is this? He literally lives no more than 10 metres from me...

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

opengoal wrote: »
    Hi,

My dad, who lives next door to me, is interested in getting broadband. I myself have eircom broadband but when I run a line check on the eircom website for my dads phone number/ line it says that broadband is not available on his line? Why is this? He literally lives no more than 10 metres from me...

Thanks.

Hi opengoal,

Can you PM me with fathers name, address & tel number and I will look into that for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭northeast2012

opengoal wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks.
    why dont you share broadband between you, and save a bundle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Manny Pacquiao

Agreed with above, if you don't want to spend money, just buy a router with a powerful wifi signal. The ones eircom give out now are pretty sh!t so don't rely on that for wireless. I also have a Netgear RangeMax Dual Band Wireless-N DGND3300v2 which I thought had a great wireless range but its range is sh!t too even though its wireless was supposed to have the best range out of all Netgear products.

The old silver Netopia routers have a great wireless range but ask around and see if you can find better.

Advertisement